• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

John Yaglenski (Intercot) claiming BK and Monorail expansion on the way

While I would love to see some park expansion (I am not crazy about AK, but hey), The busing issue isn't going to get better. Additional monorail service/routes would be great. I am sure the company has been thinking/pondering this issue for quite some time. The reality is that these things cost money. Lots of it. Hopefully, the monorail expansion will become a reaity within the next few years. I will say that the monorail or lack there of does not change my choice of hotels to stay at in WDW, if I am not staying at my dad's time share or at my friend's house. I stay where I can afford it - if I can afford a deluxe, I'll stay there (usualy with at least 2 other people!).

Just my two cents.........:earsgirl:

Like I said, I enjoy the monorail and remember back a ways where I would stay at a motel near disneyland just so i could stand in the motel parking lot and see the monorail and occaisionally have a room with a view of it. But I would prefer to see more boat service added along with Monorails. The AKL would be Ideal for Boat Service to the AK but you still have all the other destinations to go to. No matter how you slice it bus service will be fairly prevelent unless Disney wants to keep prices the same or lower them and make you transfer at boat docks and Monorail staions much more often. Imagine a monorail stop at the AKL. You want to go to the MK. Does this line go directly to all the parks or do you need to transfer to the monorail at Epcot and then again at the TTC. Or lets say there is boat service from AKL to AK and to get to the other parks you have to take the boat to the AK and transfer to a monorail station there.
I understand why Disney hasn't done alot with this yet. It will be a daunting task to figure out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter