Johnny Blaze Is Reportedly Kevin Feige’s Top Choice For Ghost Rider

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Disclaimer: I am well aware that people aren't too fond of WeGotThisCovered as a legit news source. But for the sake of sparking conversation, I will post articles they write that may or may not be legit regardless

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...edly-kevin-feiges-top-choice-for-ghost-rider/
It’s yet to be officially confirmed, but all the signs are pointing to Ghost Rider returning to the MCU. With Blade on the way, Marvel is clearly interested in diving into the darker, supernatural side of the universe, and they couldn’t do that without tackling the Spirit of Vengeance. But the question is: which version of the skull-faced hero are they going to introduce first?

Recently, Giant Freakin Robot reported that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Gabriel Luna could be returning as Robbie Reyes in the future of the franchise. Geekosity has reached out to its own sources to corroborate this and were told that, yes, Feige is considering bringing back Luna’s Reyes somewhere. However, the outlet’s own intel says that Johnny Blaze is the Marvel president’s top choice for the MCU’s Ghost Rider.

Blaze is the original and most famous incarnation of the character. Nicolas Cage played him in two outings for Sony – 2007’s Ghost Rider and its sequel, 2011’s Spirit of Vengeance. Neither are great movies, to say the least, though they have gained a kind of cult status over the years. With the multiverse opening up, you might wonder whether Cage could return as his Blaze in the MCU. However, it’s most likely that Feige will want to start from scratch.

As previously reported, Geekosity is maintaining that Blaze’s Ghost Rider will appear in the planned Midnight Sons team-up project that will unite him with other occult heroes like Blade, Moon Knight and Werewolf By Night. We don’t know who could play him, but you’d have to imagine Marvel is at least thinking about hiring Norman Reedus, after The Walking Dead star’s long-running campaign to land the part.

In short, Luna could still show up again as Reyes, likely in a limited capacity, but Johnny Blaze will reportedly be the MCU’s resident Ghost Rider when he finally rides into the franchise on his motorcycle.

Source: Geekosity

There's no reason they can't have both. The SHIELD episodes with Ghost Rider did hint at Johnny Blaze being the one to impart the powers to Reyes. I know they don't have to hold to the show's continuity, but the setup is there if they want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter