Johnny Depp Trial

I am totally on Team Johnny Depp. Amber Heard is a nut job. I hope that he gets his career back after all this. Putting aside his personal life problems, he's one of the most versatile actors in Hollywood, if you go back and look at the wide range of stuff he's been in over the years.

I have to watch what's going on with this because apparently both my kids are watching and say she's an absolute nut who tried to get him to fight her or something and her lawyer is an imbecile transparently making grabs and throwing random desperate darts. Hope I can find recordings somewhere.

I have to watch what's going on with this because apparently both my kids are watching and say she's an absolute nut who tried to get him to fight her or something and her lawyer is an imbecile transparently making grabs and throwing random desperate darts. Hope I can find recordings somewhere.
Online at Court Tv.

That Heard lawyer is a lameface! He objected to his own question!

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/johnny-depp-heard-lawyer-objection-b2065434.html

Then days ago, when Depp responds to something he said, the lawyer replies, "I haven't given you anything to argue with me, yet."

Side note, it seems like the lawyers are deliberately mining as much celebrity material as they can out of Depp. Asking about many details relating to celebrity friends which really aren't related to the case.

That said, I did think it was funny when Depp said he gave Marilyn Manson drugs just to get him to shut up.

There's tons on YouTube. You can find either the full sessions, but there's many bite-sized clips as well.

I don't think anyone belongs in jail - that's too costly and solves nothing - but they definitely need lots of therapy and rehab. And no relationships for a VERY long time.

She did affect his source of income though, so he has every right to bring a defamation suit. He knew lots of dirt would come out during trial, so that's on him.

I don't have the patience to watch his civil trial. Depp's interview style has always been slow with lots of pauses. He actually vocalizes better stoned (because he doesn't think) or when he has a script (because he doesn't have to think).

Depp has always been very open about his problems - substance and mental. He's acknowledging they both have issues (it's probably why he thought the relationship would work) but she didn't have the right to tarnish the remains of his reputation. She should be on the hook for the millions she took him for and the employment she cost him. Heard gives new meaning to the words 'manipulative *****' and Depp epitomizes the definition of 'chump'.

Amber’s lawyer lied about using a Milani cosmetics concealer product. The cosmetics company issued a statement video on TikTok stating the product she claimed to use during her marriage to conceal bruises wasn’t released until a year after her divorce. Domestic abuse survivors should sue her!

I don't think anyone belongs in jail - that's too costly and solves nothing - but they definitely need lots of therapy and rehab. And no relationships for a VERY long time.

She did affect his source of income though, so he has every right to bring a defamation suit. He knew lots of dirt would come out during trial, so that's on him.
Listening to Depp… some of his answers reflect he is or was in therapy. This garbage has been public for a while just not so much in the US. His reputation and career is in tatters while Heard has been given a pass. I think she will be looked at differently after this trial. I believe they both lose but Depo has already lost. This was about getting even IMO

I am totally on Team Johnny Depp. Amber Heard is a nut job. I hope that he gets his career back after all this. Putting aside his personal life problems, he's one of the most versatile actors in Hollywood, if you go back and look at the wide range of stuff he's been in over the years.
I can't even see how he made it in acting other than his looks when he was young. I noticed the original 21 Jump Street series on Hulu or something so thought it would be a good watch now. I made it 3 episodes and couldn't watch more because of this kid in the series and the horrible acting.

I don't care about him or this trial. Have no idea what the trial is about. All I know is it's upsetting that there's a media circus with this trial and it's everywhere you look live streaming from the courtroom, but on very serious trials with very serious situations we've recently had, it was a complete hush-up.

I haven’t been watching the trial, just catching the highlights here and there on the news. I think it’s sad all the way around, but I can’t fault Depp for bringing the suit. He did lose several opportunities to make films as a result of what happened. At this point, he may feel he doesn’t have a lot left to lose by what is coming up in court. I am sure his attorney would have advised him about what to expect as well.

It does make me wonder how people as manipulative as Heard get by with what they do long term. Seeing things like this certainly don’t inspire me to trust people very much. She’s downright scary, and in my opinion, he is lucky to be alive. I have never been a huge Depp fan (Finding Neverland was the only movie I really liked him in) but no one deserves what she unleashed. He isn’t blameless, but the bits I have heard certainly sound more like he was defending himself than being an aggressor.

I don’t know if he can get his career back on track. Hollywood is fickle and always moving on to the next hot celebrity. However, one thing that always plays well is a good comeback story, so I hope he gets a chance to try if he wants to.

I haven’t been watching the trial, just catching the highlights here and there on the news. I think it’s sad all the way around, but I can’t fault Depp for bringing the suit. He did lose several opportunities to make films as a result of what happened. At this point, he may feel he doesn’t have a lot left to lose by what is coming up in court. I am sure his attorney would have advised him about what to expect as well.

It does make me wonder how people as manipulative as Heard get by with what they do long term. Seeing things like this certainly don’t inspire me to trust people very much. She’s downright scary, and in my opinion, he is lucky to be alive. I have never been a huge Depp fan (Finding Neverland was the only movie I really liked him in) but no one deserves what she unleashed. He isn’t blameless, but the bits I have heard certainly sound more like he was defending himself than being an aggressor.

I don’t know if he can get his career back on track. Hollywood is fickle and always moving on to the next hot celebrity. However, one thing that always plays well is a good comeback story, so I hope he gets a chance to try if he wants to.
His career was failing long before all this came out to begin with. I'm not an expert on acting but the few things I saw that he was in impressed me. I saw three things, Sweeney Todd, Pirates and Charlie and the Chocolate factory. The vast differences in those three characters was mind boggling to me. In each of them I searched for any indication that it was the same actor in each one. Especially the contrast between Capt. Jack and Willy Wonka. Just mind boggling to me. There was nothing in look or gesture or even, to some extent, his voice carried through from one character to another. His type of movie was no longer at the top of the public desire pyramid. I think that even though he made millions for the Pirate franchise I think it also typecast him to the extent that subsequent movies were a situation where the viewer was looking for a repeat of the personality of Capt. Jack Sparrow.

His career was failing long before all this came out to begin with. I'm not an expert on acting but the few things I saw that he was in impressed me. I saw three things, Sweeney Todd, Pirates and Charlie and the Chocolate factory. The vast differences in those three characters was mind boggling to me. In each of them I searched for any indication that it was the same actor in each one. Especially the contrast between Capt. Jack and Willy Wonka. Just mind boggling to me. There was nothing in look or gesture or even, to some extent, his voice carried through from one character to another. His type of movie was no longer at the top of the public desire pyramid. I think that even though he made millions for the Pirate franchise I think it also typecast him to the extent that subsequent movies were a situation where the viewer was looking for a repeat of the personality of Capt. Jack Sparrow.
Jack Sparrow was so iconic. It’s crazy to me how much Disney hated what he did, how he stuck to his guns and was so completely, utterly right. And you’re right, you cannot see Johnny Depp in any of his roles. He is just a special talent.

I’ve been following the trial very closely and I truly hope he can get help for his various addictions.

Last edited:
YouTube has all trial coverage.

Part of me wonders if there is an unconscious bias against Johnny Depp because he not the society norm type of person and his career and lifestyle is not something most people can relate to.

Would the media and general public have a different view of him if he was a politician or a CEO of a company or a high profile medical professional, a career and lifestyle which is more "normal"?

Part of me wonders if there is an unconscious bias against Johnny Depp because he not the society norm type of person and his career and lifestyle is not something most people can relate to.

Would the media and general public have a different view of him if he was a politician or a CEO of a company or a high profile medical professional, a career and lifestyle which is more "normal"?
I'd have bias against the politician and CEO has they have used people to get where they are now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter