• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jonas Brothers in Tampa 9/4

iloveftwilderness

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anybody is going to leave WDW and travel to Tampa for the show? There is only two shows left on the burning up tour. My kids are crazy about them. Maybe we could caravan:lmao: JK

Well I won't be anywhere near Florida then but I just wanted to tell you to prepare for a crazy time if you go. I took my 6yo DD to see the Jonas Brothers last month at Darien Lake in WNY and it was insane! The show was sold out and packed - lots of high-pitched screaming! We had a fantastic time! (and by the way.....Joe Jonas is my future son-in-law so tell your kids to forget about it - lol!)

Sorry, I don't live near Tampa either -- but wanted to welcome you to the "Yes - I voluntarily took my screaming daughters to see the Jonas Brothers" club, lol. We were at the last show (Tuesday night) at PSU. I was prepared for the ear-splitting screaming, and the crazy crowds. What I wasn't prepared for, was how much fun I was gonna have!

I was very surprised, but the JBs were really entertaining (singing and acrobatics) and all three of us had a great time. Leaving the parking lot, I noticed the van in front of me held one mom and 4 13/14ish girls. Written on the window was, "Concert tickets - $250, gas - $65. Skipping school to see the Jonas Brothers concert - Priceless!!!!" It was so cute! I wouldn't have traded the experience of watching my girls go absolutely nuts for 3 cute (and talented) boys for any amount of money in the world!
Have a great time!

Not going to be in Tampa, but I can tell you to prepare for ringing ears. I was at the 8/1 concert in Scranton, PA with DD11 and 2 of her friends. I'll admit to those on this thread (but not most other people) that I too enjoyed the show! But the pre-teen high-pitched screaming, definitely could have done without that! I was surprised at how good the show was....entertaining, musically tight, nice addition of the string section. As I say to my husband, there are MANY worse things that she could be listening to, so count your blessings and deal with it.
He was travelling on business in Portland, OR the night of the show and we called him when they played "Year 3000" b/c he HATES that song. hee hee

Sorry, we won't be going to Disney till Nov so will miss the JB, but we'd probably go if my daughter found out they were nearby when we were there! :goodvibes We also went to see them, this past Aug 24 in Chicago. Yes, I will admit it was a great show and lots of fun! Actually, maybe I shouldn't admit this, but yeah I love them, too, and I've taken my 17, just turned 18, daughter, well, this was the 4th one this yr! Yikes, I must be crazy! We took a friend or cousin also each of the times, and all the girls had a really awesome time! I would definitely recommend that you take your girl(s), you guys will have a really fun time. But, yes, your ears will be ringing for sure, lol! :goodvibes One of the girls we took was so excited, screaming, crying, hugging me, she was so happy, it almost made me cry to see her and all the girls having so much fun! Plus, the guys are talented, and nice guys you'd like your daughters to know, and put on a great, very energetic and entertaining show. Btw, the Veronicas were also there last week when we saw them, before Demi. Anyway, as I said, I think you should make the treck over there - your girls will love it, and love you for doing it being like the coolest mom!:rolleyes: , and you'll love it too! And, if you know the words, sing along, I did and the girls were glad I had fun, not stuffy like a couple parents who sat arms crossed and silent the whole time!

Oh btw, sorry, but Joe is my future son-in-law, just so you know! ;)

Not going to be in Tampa, but I can tell you to prepare for ringing ears. I was at the 8/1 concert in Scranton, PA with DD11 and 2 of her friends. I'll admit to those on this thread (but not most other people) that I too enjoyed the show! But the pre-teen high-pitched screaming, definitely could have done without that! I was surprised at how good the show was....entertaining, musically tight, nice addition of the string section. As I say to my husband, there are MANY worse things that she could be listening to, so count your blessings and deal with it.
He was travelling on business in Portland, OR the night of the show and we called him when they played "Year 3000" b/c he HATES that song. hee hee
I really enjoyed their show as well. I suprised my DS10 with taking him when they were in Dallas Texas one time. I was able to get tickets at the last minute, and it was his first concert. The only thing he did not like were the girls screaming at that high pitch that only pre-teen and teenage girls can seem to reach for no reason. It was like one girl would think they saw one of them and then scream and it just became a tidal wave of screaming girls. He was getting so mad at them, that when a random stage hand with a flash light came on stage, I leaned over and screamed, "woo hoo random stagehand-man with flash light" several times.
Sounds like your DH feels about them like my DH does. In my car my DS's think that if they are in the car, the Jonas Brothers have to be on the radio. One day, I switched their JB CD with the soundtrack from "Oh Brother Where Art Though". It was funny to say the least.

Just wanted to chime in here - I'm another mom to tween girls who LOVE the Jonas Brothers!:love:

I took my daughter to see them in Boston (well, Mansfield) on 8/7. I knew my DD would have a good time but I couldn't believe how much fun I had also - they were great! As another poster mentioned, there is so much worse out there your kids could be into - I say you need to embrace the "good" when it comes along. So I'm happily supporting my DD's JB addiction. They're good boys!:)

And, btw, Joe is my future husband!;) Hey - he's 19; a single mom can dream, can't she?:laughing:

And, btw, Joe is my future husband!;) Hey - he's 19; a single mom can dream, can't she?:laughing:

Hey, my daughter says 'them's fightin' words, so look out'! :lmao: But, sure, you can dream....I mean after all, Joe is really cute! Like I always say, I may be old, but I'm not dead or blind! ;)

Btw, anyone know if the OP ended up going to this concert or not?

Hey, my daughter says 'them's fightin' words, so look out'! :lmao: But, sure, you can dream....I mean after all, Joe is really cute! Like I always say, I may be old, but I'm not dead or blind! ;)

Btw, anyone know if the OP ended up going to this concert or not?

Ok, I guess I'll have to fight her for him - put 'em up!
17.gif
:rotfl:

I'm thinking the OP still has the echoes of thousands of screaming girls still ringing in her head!:laughing: Hopefully, she'll report back when it clears up!

Ok, I guess I'll have to fight her for him - put 'em up!
17.gif
:rotfl:

Okay, she says she's ready, Joe's worth it, and she's in it for the long haul! :rotfl2:

I'm thinking the OP still has the echoes of thousands of screaming girls still ringing in her head!:laughing: Hopefully, she'll report back when it clears up!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking! Really, as I said before we've been 4 times since Feb, and this last time on 8/24, was the absolute loudest even though it was an outdoor theatre, yikes!

Okay, she says she's ready, Joe's worth it, and she's in it for the long haul! :rotfl2:

You're raising a smart girl!;)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking! Really, as I said before we've been 4 times since Feb, and this last time on 8/24, was the absolute loudest even though it was an outdoor theatre, yikes!

Four times this year?! You've also got a lucky girl there! We got to see them twice this year - the last one being outdoors also. My DD recorded one of their songs on her cell phone; OMG - you should hear the screaming! Suprisingly, though, we could still hear JB singing the song.

Four times this year?! You've also got a lucky girl there! We got to see them twice this year - the last one being outdoors also. My DD recorded one of their songs on her cell phone; OMG - you should hear the screaming! Suprisingly, though, we could still hear JB singing the song.

Yes, she is a smart girl, thanks! :goodvibes And, knows she's one lucky girl, somehow it just happened with four shows. I thought that was a lot, but saw something the other day where the girls had been to like 25 shows - wow! Now that's a lot, they ought to be on first name basis with the guys! anyway, still curious on OP, but will probably never hear back from her. hopefully went and had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter