• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jonette and Leif ~*~May 18,2006 Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Ill. Lower French

JonetteA

DIS Veteran
Everyone I apologize for the delay in getting started, however, I wanted to try and get some photos for everyone to see. However, as luck would have it my desktop network card bit the bullet last night and I am typing this on my work laptop. Hmm something good came out of all of the hours at work!

Here is the itinerary leading up to and after the wedding. It was a quick trip to WDW that is for sure, and I am still trying to deal with the unbelievable amount of bad luck we had. Hopefully, you too will see the humor in it all as you read.

Tues May 16 - Arrive Orlando, Disney walk through, Meet up with friends that I had not seen in two years

Wed May 17th - Princess Breakfast in the Castle, steam the dresses, a massage thanks to my friend Lisa, and just get ready for the rehearsal dinner, rehearsal dinner

Thurs May 18th - Wedding Day, Illuminations Dessert party

Friday May 19th - Fun with the family, and finally a dinner alone

Saturday May 20th - MK Photoshoot and off for the Disney Cruise

I am titling this one advice for a very good reason. These were things that I wish I had known, or know what they were, and lessons learned. I will be adding to this post as I go along and I hope that you will learn some things from my mishaps.

The Dress

1) An Organza overlay is not good for park weddings. My overlay took a real beating. My dress was not as dirty as I expected it to be with 3 park events, but the stitching and the beading at the bottom of the overlay took a huge hit, to where all you could do is trim off the loose strings.

2) If you have an overlay, ask alterations to tack it down so that it becomes part of the dress.

3) If you have a park or outside wedding, put tulle under your train so that that takes the brunt of the beating.

4) Do a French Bustle. Wish I had known what this meant. I am sure all of you knew...make sure that your bustle are ties and not buttons. Buttons break easy when your dress gets stepped on. And it will. More on this later. Hmmm foreshadowing....

5) Pad your alteration date by weeks!!! They had to redo my alterations past my supposed pick up time b/c it was wrong.

Sound Systems and Video

Make sure that your wedding coordinator knows beforehand that your video person is mic-ing the groom/ officiant. I am pretty sure that I mentioned this, but it became a problem later on. Make sure that this is tested beforehand no matter how late you are running. If you are paying for the sound system you want to get your money's worth.

Print Items

Make sure that you make sure that your fiancee approves the copy of the programs. Tie him down and make him do it.

Allow yourself at least 2 weeks to proof the final items (esp name cards) and all print items.

All in all pad all of your timeframes by at least 3 weeks more than you think you need to have the timeframe padded by. Things are always going to happen.

The Big Day

I was constantly running behind. Make sure that you allow yourself at least an extra hour more than you think. Allow at least 2 hours for yourself and then pad that by an hour. Even if you are done earlier than you think and you have to sit around that is better than missing out on the photos that you want!

Illuminations

Realize that you will not get to "watch" Illuminations, and if you get to eat any of you desserts you are one lucky girl. I don't think that I tasted anything.

Keys for the pictures:

1) Make sure that your face is toward the camera, especially if your husband -to-be is taller than you!

2) Make sure that when you two do all of the kissing (and there will be alot), you hold the kiss for 5-6 seconds which is totally unnatural. Just count it out in Mississippis.

Your EM

This person is your advocate and boy is he/she busy! I didn't realize how crazy their schedule really is. (Hi Diane! :wave: ) They are trying to make you happy and negotiate with the rest of Disney to get what you need done.

The best way to get ahold of them is to call and zero out for their assistant and make an appointment. That way you know that you have definate time with their undivided attention.

Keep an issues log. Probably not Diane's favorite thing, but I needed it to keep me in control. I shot a ton of emails at them, and I could not remember if the issues ever got addressed. This really helped keep me organized and made good use of my and her time.

Come to meetings with your EM with a list. Know the things that you want to talk with them about and hit those issues. Try to stay on track as much as you can. It really helps them and you with the time management and that way you don't forget something important.

Other Advice

This I can not stress enough. Make sure that you have one friend or family member that knows what is going on all during the day. Make sure that they are in on all of the "important" details. Basically, pick the things that you need to go right, and put that person in charge. I think I had a lot more interaction with my DJ and planner than anyone normally would, but I wish I had turned things over to my friend Lisa. She knew everything that was going on, and could have been my advocate that day. Lisa and I planned my wedding and her vow renewal together. More on Lisa later.....

Like I said I will be adding more and more to this as we go along and as I think of things.

Just in case I haven't told you yet, Congratulations and much pixie dust on your Happily Ever After!
I can't believe we'll be embarking on Kammie's DFTW in about 27 hours or so. . .guess I'll have to wait to read your TR until after we get back in July :goodvibes
And BTW. . .you're picture in your signature looks so romantic! :cloud9: You look gorgeous and make a great looking couple :)

Thanks everyone. I am glad that you like the sneak peak of the pictures. There are more to come and more on our trip report a bit later....

Jonette your sigie pic is beautiful! Thank you for the advice...an upcoming bride like myself (who is alittle in the dark at times) really can benefit from advice like yours. I can't wait for more photos.

Congratulations :) Jonette, I love that picture in your signature too! I cannot wait to see more pictures and read your TR. Thanks so so so much for the advice, I definitely need some!

Congrats Jonette I love your Illuminations Pic. Can't wait to hear the rest.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures.

Best wishes on your new life together :cool1:

All of these people helped to make my wedding a Magical Experience. I can't tell you how much these people did for us.

Photography - Randy Chapman (Chapman Photography)
www.chapmanphotography.com

Video - Stan (STVS Wedding)
www.stvsweddings.com

Hair and Makeup - Lisa Pena (Lisa's Magical Weddings)
www.lisasmagicalweddings.com

Floral - Disney Floral

DJ - DJ Charles Miles
www.milesdj.com

Dress Steamings and Storage - Carolyn Allens
www.carolynallens.com

Embroidery - ebay
I can send anyone the information if they want it later.

Randy Chapman - I don't have the words to describe Randy's work. It was amazing and the amount of photos that he took were out of control. I think we have over 1400 pictures from all of the events. The quality of the photos and the relationship I had with Randy can not be beat. Here are a few more teaser pics for everyone, including you Kelly! Enjoy! I really do value the friendship between myself and Randy and Linda. They really helped me through some tough spots and made me laugh when I thought it was time to cry. They are the BEST!

JL00315-18-06.jpg

STVS - Bonnie and Stan
The ceremony video edited and shown at the reception, and their attitudes and willingness to do what I want to make it a great day is like nothing I have ever experienced. I knew I would hit it off with Stan and Bonnie immediately and do not regret them or the video purchase at all.

If you are having doubts on if you need a video or not, I will tell you it is priceless. My grandmother is 87 and Leif's dad is not in the best of health. It is going to be great to have that living, moving, speaking memory of them. Like I mentioned, I lost my mom about 5 year ago, and I would give anything to hear her voice one more time.

Lisa Pena

Nothing short of fabulous. I had no real opinion on my hair except up and that I wanted natural makeup. She did that and more. Lisa kept me laughing and relaxed the whole time. I really can't say enough about her!!!

JL16285-18-06.jpg

My hair:

JL06615-18-06.jpg

My niece's hair:
0811530a.jpg

Carolyn Allens

Carolyn and her staff were excellent. Carolyn really went out of her way for me more than one time during the wedding and is the sweetest person. I really got to know her and that was a true gift.

DJ Charles Miles

Charles is a RIOT!! Disney assigns your DJ, but I can't explain how lucky I got in this department. We did all of the crazy things, b/c my attitude hangs that way and we had 9 kids there. The kids thought that all of this was the best as they took over the DJ. I will tell you, yes we did the slide, and the chicken dance (my 87 year old grandmother did the chicken dance...PRICELESS), and the YMCA. You will see why that is priceless later on.

JL04475-18-06.jpg

Disney Floral

I can't say enough good things about them. Even though I was shocked at the first estimate, I kept with them and they worked with me to get to the budget I needed to be at. I don't regret them or their creativity at all. I'll be honest I know nothing about flowers. I told my floral manager in general what I was looking for, and described it in intensity and this is what my bouquet came out as. (Allison, I will post this picture in your pj so that you can see what the Callas looked like in the bouquet.)

JL02135-18-06.jpg

Embroidery

I did this through a lady on EBAY and I was totally thrilled. I provided the hoodie and she did the work. For the bag, I added the crystals.

a2663d49.jpg

JL06655-18-06.jpg

wow Jonette! You looked amazing! congratulations and can't wait to hear/see more!!! :)

I am finding this SO helpful! Please keep posting! :thumbsup2 You look so beautiful, I can't wait to see more!

Jonette - You look beautiful! Your hair is absolutely fantastic! :) I love the picture that you posted of the two of you behind the flowers! I also love the embroidery that you had done! Congrats and I can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter