July 1 - July 18 Germany trip report

ronaldnelson

Mouseketeer
thought i would start this now as i have good internet service. We are heading to Berlin tonight our plane is leaving Calgary Alberta at 10:25pm and we have a short layover in Heathrow before heading to Berlin. From July 1 - July 9th we are on our own traveling from Berlin to Heidelberg where we will meet up with Adventures By Disney for the last leg of our trip July 10-18th. we will be hitting the following places on our trip Berlin, Dresden, Nuremberg, Rothenburg, Wurzburg, then with ABD, Heidelberg, Waldeck, Rothenburg and Munich. Highlight of the trip and a first is i will be spending my 43rd birthday in Heidelberg on July 10th. if Wifi allows i will try to post pictures daily.

stay tuned for trip report

Ron

Have an amazing trip! I love reading all the trip reports and hearing about the fantastic time everyone is having. Safe travels and I'll be following along when you start posting

thank you, my only struggle is the plane ride. i hate flying and my nerves are already in overload and we haven't even left yet but once we land i will be ok and good to go ha ha ha ha ha

I have been on more than a few trips to Europe where some in our group flew through Heathrow as well as Paris and their luggage followed them later. This was a couple years ago so I suspect they have improved the computer system now. It seems to help if you are not changing airline carriers. If it happens than it is just a great excuse to buy some Bavarian outfits and find the nearest beer hall.......

Hi Carpenta,
we are on the same carrier (British Airways) from Calgary to Berlin, just change over to smaller plane in Heathrow. Cross our fingers, my wife would kill herself laughing if i got a pair of lederhosen. ha ha ha

I would bet you will be fine......but you should purchase a pair of lederhosen just for a good laugh. In Munich there are a number of stores that sell Bavarian clothing some very expensive yet some not so much. Our daughter purchased a dress from a less expensive store (as others in our tour)to wear to the last dinner and had a great time. If you get Michael as your guide in Munich he will definitely be wearing his lederhosen and you will NEVER FORGET IT!!!! LOL.

Hello Ronaldneson

Save Trip,

I am in Baden Baden to night Wednesday & Thursday. ( 1st & 2nd )

Weather is Hot . Hope you brought your Swim Gear.

Now points to be on the look out for.... as you are doing your own thing.

Go for Half Board ..... weather you have NOT asked for it . Do Change your mind as

it is good 3 course meals & cheaper than leaving Hotel & finding a place to eat.

BEER .. forget wine and ask for A large Beer { 500ml } ( just less than a pint ) and ask for Local Brand

it is not USA flavored .like BUD.

In the 5 hotels we have stayed in so far including a Best Western there was NO tipping . Asked for OR Given.. bill for drinks

was rounded up

We have seen some very very " Glum .. Grumpy " families from USA one family from Tampa who had

driven all day & saw nothing...... Beware

NOTE If you see Huge amounts of " Black looking windows on roofs " these are Solar Panels for heating

You will see fields of these as you drive around.

Enjoy your vacation

We had Wifi in all of our Hotels on the trip and Cellular wifi was available on the autobahn. I posted many pics and updates while in the motor coach.

We had Wifi in all of our Hotels on the trip and Cellular wifi was available on the autobahn. I posted many pics and updates while in the motor coach.
Mike, I know you also travel with a mifi. Did you use that in europe?

The only place where wifi was a challenge on our trip was Waldeck. The wifi in the castle only works in the restaurant, and not in the rooms.

Well we arrived in Berlin, no laughing Carpenta, no luggage, suppose to be delivered within 24hr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter