*July 19, 2022**DVC Members Cruise***on the Wish

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I just noticed there wasn’t a thread for this one! Are we excited? Worried it won’t happen? Let’s talk about it here!

Bobbi

Hello!! We are so excited about this cruise! We cannot wait to be on the Wish! We are a family of 4. My husband is a pilot for Southwest and I homeschool our two kids who will be 13 and 12 at the time of sailing. 🥰

:welcome:
I will be on the cruise with my DSis, Nancy who is not a DVC member, and my friend, Patricia who is.

We three have shared a cabin before on the DVC Members Cruise to Bermuda. Nancy and I are retired, Patricia is military retired AF, but she enjoys working p/t at a Hallmark store.

Your avatar picture is lovely!

I will be on the cruise with my DSis, Nancy who is not a DVC member, and my friend, Patricia who is.

We three have shared a cabin before on the DVC Members Cruise to Bermuda. Nancy and I are retired, Patricia is military retired AF, but she enjoys working p/t at a Hallmark store.

We were on the Member cruise to Bermuda also! That is a trip we will never forget.....hahaha Our poor daughter was so seasick so she and I barely left the stateroom the last 2.5 days.

We were on the Member cruise to Bermuda also! That is a trip we will never forget.....hahaha Our poor daughter was so seasick so she and I barely left the stateroom the last 2.5 days.
Wow, together again! That’s great! :boat:

Oh, nothing helped her seasickness? Sorry that happened.

This should be a calmer cruise!

Hello!!!
I am Patricia and Bobbi and Nancy are the best friends anyone could have!
I am excited to cruise on the Wish.

Received email confirmation from DCL a little while ago.

Over the past year, it has been nothing short of magical to see the excitement build as each new detail about the Disney Wish is revealed. Our cast and crew, as well as our partners at the Meyer Werft shipyard, have poured their hearts into bringing this magnificent new ship to life.

While we are all eagerly awaiting the ship’s debut, today we must share that our anticipation will unfortunately have to extend a bit longer than initially planned. The shipyard has notified us that despite their very best efforts, they will need more time to finish our ship due in part to the pandemic and particularly the arrival of the Omicron variant in Germany at a critical point in the process.

As a result, we are left with no other choice than to delay our maiden voyage until July 14, 2022. This will regrettably affect the exclusive Disney Vacation Club cruise for which you have a reservation. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience we know this will cause. And we assure you we will do all we can to help you adjust your family’s vacation plans.

Since you were booked on the exclusive Disney Vacation Club cruise, we will automatically shift your reservation to the new Member sail date, July 19, 2022, at a 50 percent discount. If you are unable to move to this new date, you will have the option of either a 50 percent discount on a future cruise departing by December 31, 2023, with all reservation points and monies applied to that future cruise, or a full refund, including reimbursement of any cash and/or the return of any reservation points used for your reservation.

Once you have decided how you would prefer to move forward with your reservation (cruise discount or refund), we ask that you please e-mail Members@disneyvacationclub.com by February 19 with your name, Member number and your preferred option. Please note Points returned to a 2021 Use Year will be moved to a 2022 Use Year before expiring if not used.

Since you were booked on the exclusive Disney Vacation Club cruise, we will automatically shift your reservation to the new Member sail date, July 19, 2022, at a 50 percent discount. If you are unable to move to this new date, you will have the option of either a 50 percent discount on a future cruise departing by December 31, 2023, with all reservation points and monies applied to that future cruise, or a full refund, including reimbursement of any cash and/or the return of any reservation points used for your reservation.

I don't know if I'm bummed that it's delayed or excited that it's discounted.

The week that it is moved to is the ONE week out of the entire rest of the year that has complications for us. We are trying to decide what to do. Either choice we make is not a "good" one. :(

I don't know if I'm bummed that it's delayed or excited that it's discounted.
I noticed your name...my husband is a Kellon. 🥰

So I was booked on this cruise and I'm going to try to move to December 26th. It says in the email that all moneys and points will be applied to future cruise credit. I'm assuming that means if the new cruise costs less in terms of cash or points, they won't refund the difference but they will apply it to a subsequent, additional future cruise. Is that what you all surmise?

I did the online Chat with DCL and they said that if we keep the sailing the 50% discount will be refunded to the original form of payment and not as On Board Credit. Hopefully that is true!

Well, I just booked a night at Riviera for the night before the cruise.
Looking forward to getting a partial refund as well as being on the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter