July 2011:Calling all planners-Post your dates & Resort

I'm home, I'm exhausted and I'm sorry I didn't make the meet.

I do believe we were waiting in line for a character at that time and there was no way my DD was going to miss a charcter she was in line for! She was INSANE enough to actually stalk out Beast. We got in line at the end when Beast & Belle were together with the "no guarantee you are going to see them" but Beast was coming back out by himself at 3:35, so my DD stacked her claim and literally just sat there waiting. :lmao: I went and got them ice cream during the wait but she put her foot down that she was NOT moving from that spot until she saw Beast. We already saw Belle at breakfast so we didn't mind that it wasn't them together.

Then I believe right after that we went to see Mulan.

My mom was cranky already on most of the trip so I wasn't about to alter anything else. We skipped our Tusker House breakfast due to late night the night before, etc...

We did try lots of new things this trip but we missed so many things too because people would not do things the best way and ended up waiting in a lot of lines. The day we went to DHS, we didn't even meet up with my sister & her family AT ALL. :lmao:

NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

If it has more than 3.1oz of liquid, it will be confiscated! It's considered a liquid and one of the most "oops" items surrendered at TSA checkpoints!

New hardwood floors tomorrow. New job for husband tomorrow. My life is totally upside down at the moment!

I had never thought about the liquid. Gosh, the TSA!

I'm wondering if you could let Disney ship it home for you.

SO glad you had a great R&R!!!!! The guys (and us!!) deserve it!!!

We are hoping to go next October for Alex's birthday LOL We will probably miss each other by a few weeks again if it works out!

Enjoy the rest of R&R :) How many more months will you have left once he goes back? We still have 6 months left :(

We have about 3.5 month's left until he's home again. I drove him to the airport this morning and right now he should be on a plane down to Atlanta to get his flight back over there. 15 days goes by to fast. We honestly just want to go when it's cooler. You wouldn't happen to know if the military discount is a year long thing would you Kellie?

NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

If it has more than 3.1oz of liquid, it will be confiscated! It's considered a liquid and one of the most "oops" items surrendered at TSA checkpoints!

New hardwood floors tomorrow. New job for husband tomorrow. My life is totally upside down at the moment!
Sarah~ Things will "right" themselves soon I'm sure of it. I know all about the snowglobe thing though from when we went to Wichita for DFiL's funeral years ago. Meghan saw a snowglobe she wanted so we had to re-work our bags to fit it in our bag because they would have thrown it away if it was in the carry on.

I do believe we were waiting in line for a character at that time and there was no way my DD was going to miss a charcter she was in line for! She was INSANE enough to actually stalk out Beast. We got in line at the end when Beast & Belle were together with the "no guarantee you are going to see them" but Beast was coming back out by himself at 3:35, so my DD stacked her claim and literally just sat there waiting. :lmao: I went and got them ice cream during the wait but she put her foot down that she was NOT moving from that spot until she saw Beast. We already saw Belle at breakfast so we didn't mind that it wasn't them together.

My mom was cranky already on most of the trip so I wasn't about to alter anything else. We skipped our Tusker House breakfast due to late night the night before, etc...

We did try lots of new things this trip but we missed so many things too because people would not do things the best way and ended up waiting in a lot of lines. The day we went to DHS, we didn't even meet up with my sister & her family AT ALL. :lmao:

Becky~I actually cancled our Tusker ressie too because DH said he needed sleep. Next year no TA for me so I can get later breakfast ressies (if DH will let me do them that is lol). While you were with your DD staking a claim on Beast, we were sending out small search parties for a Photo Pass photographer lol.

Next week I go home and FULLY get rolling on my TR. DH placed our camera pictures on his lap top to take with him and says he didn't clear out the SD card (PLEASE let him have not cleared it out!). For now though I'm just going to hang out at my mom's house and clean up and pack our bags to go back to NY. I'll be back down here in a month though to pick up Meghan and celebrate my birthday before school starts.

My Mom got DH and I a hotel room for one night so we could have some alone time and she also bought us 50 dollars for Olive Garden. We had a nice Adult's Only night and were discussing our next trip:banana:

NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

Sarbah - We were lucky, Midori got the Housekeeping Manager to give us around 60 pieces of Mickey Soap and Shampoo before we left. I asked Midori - how in the world were we going to get it home? Midori said just pack it and don't worry about it. Guess what? TSA let it all go through and all of the personal hygiene stuff we bought at Wal Mart. Example 2 - 14 ounce bottles of conditioner and shampoo. Again, we were lucky - maybe because we were one of the 5:20 AM flights and they were still sleepy.

Congratulations on Husband getting a new job.

Bob

:wave2: Hello everyone. We are having a fantastic time. We missed the dismeet too on the 20th. By the time we checked into our room and got settled it was already too late.

And I never thought those groups would bug me but they are just everywhere. They really haven't done anything to us but it is becoming very overwhelming when you see them:confused:

I think I'm finally almost recouperated from vacation :lmao:

We had a wonderful time at WDW! Honestly, the only thing I can say we'd do differently when we go back, is we would rest more and not try to cram everything in! We also would NOT go in July so we could miss the stupid "Backpack Brigade" as I now call them. You couldn't go into one of the counter service restaurants in the parks without having to deal with them, and their apparent inability to clean up after themselves! And if ONE more of them ran into one of my kids without so much as an "excuse me" I'd SCREAM!! I just started shoving back :)

Anyway, a very exciting thing happened while we were at WDW. See, my "DH" isn't really my "DH" he's more of a "DBF" but we've been together so long, we own a house together, own 2 cars together, do everything together, and knew some day we would get married....well, that day is even closer, because I got a RING on this vacation :cloud9: It's absolutely beautiful! He was going to propose during Fantasmic at HS, but since it POURED down rain that night, and we left early, I got my ring in a glass of wine instead :cutie: So I guess now he's my "DF"? :lovestruc

Oh, and for everyone that said prayers for our Nephew....THANK YOU!!! We got some GREAT news right before we left! He's only about 1 1/2 years old, and he was having some testing done because of a low white blood cell count...well, as it turns out, when they did the testing at Riley (the Childrens Hospital in Indianapolis), the white blood cell count looked TOTALLY NORMAL! Then, they figured out whoever read the tests before had compared them to an adults white blood cell count, not a childs! Duh! I guess I can't complain, because it is awesome news....but...still frustrating :headache:

Hope everyone leaving this weekend has a GREAT time! And if one of those annoying Backpack Brigaiders gets in your way, give them an elbow and say it's from me! :rolleyes1

Congrats on your engagement.:goodvibes

We missed the DISmeet too.:sad2:

We have about 3.5 month's left until he's home again. I drove him to the airport this morning and right now he should be on a plane down to Atlanta to get his flight back over there. 15 days goes by to fast. We honestly just want to go when it's cooler. You wouldn't happen to know if the military discount is a year long thing would you Kellie?

Next week I go home and FULLY get rolling on my TR. DH placed our camera pictures on his lap top to take with him and says he didn't clear out the SD card (PLEASE let him have not cleared it out!). For now though I'm just going to hang out at my mom's house and clean up and pack our bags to go back to NY. I'll be back down here in a month though to pick up Meghan and celebrate my birthday before school starts.

My Mom got DH and I a hotel room for one night so we could have some alone time and she also bought us 50 dollars for Olive Garden. We had a nice Adult's Only night and were discussing our next trip:banana:

:hug: So sad your DH left already. It seemed he just got here.:hug:

Well I'm home!! :sad2: That was the quickest 2 weeks ever!! Had a lovely time as usual!! Missing it already!! Enjoyed POFQ but not our overall favourite.

Now to try and lose the weight I've gained in the last two weeks (and the stuff I needed to lose before I went anyway lol). Just had a yummy chinese and having yummy chocolate and will befriend healthy eating and the gym tomorrow!! LOL!

Was great to meet everyone on 20th - everyone was even nice and normal, not internet weirdos - hahaha!!

Not sure what kind of night lies ahead as jetlagged 3 year old has been asleep for nearly 7 hours and it's only 9.30 pm here!! Could be a fun night!! Especially since we've not had much sleep either!

mo x

Well I'm home!! :sad2: That was the quickest 2 weeks ever!! Had a lovely time as usual!! Missing it already!! Enjoyed POFQ but not our overall favourite.

Now to try and lose the weight I've gained in the last two weeks (and the stuff I needed to lose before I went anyway lol). Just had a yummy chinese and having yummy chocolate and will befriend healthy eating and the gym tomorrow!! LOL!

Was great to meet everyone on 20th - everyone was even nice and normal, not internet weirdos - hahaha!!

Not sure what kind of night lies ahead as jetlagged 3 year old has been asleep for nearly 7 hours and it's only 9.30 pm here!! Could be a fun night!! Especially since we've not had much sleep either!

mo x

Miss Mo

Glad you had a great time and a safe trip back home. How is the weather in your home town. In Texas, it is very hot but the humidity level is tolerable. 100 + without the heat index for I believe 22 days straight. DD and 3 friends has decided I need to take them to Six Flags in two weeks.

Midori DD 11 and Bob - have a great day.:)

vacation starts today...off to Pittsburgh in a bit, then flying out tomorrow early am to Disney!! :) I'm hoping all will go well, the tour groups I've been reading about are worring me, maybe they will be gone this wk :)

Safe travles to everyone else that is going this wk!!! :)

So, I'm up uber early ... haha I've been so excited that I can't sleep! About 3 hours I had. Trying to rest up a little bit longer to see if I can take a small catnap.

Then we're all up, getting ready, getting the cat in her carrier and off to drop her off then the airport.

Also, picked up some McD's breakfast for everyone ... kind of a tradition when flying out of town :rotfl:

Here's to Z's on the plane!!

So, we're home, and I'm finally, sort of getting over my Disney hangover. I have a few observations that I'll post later (gotta get workin'), but was wondering where the July 2012 thread is? I gotta get planning!!

Cheers,
Indy

Miss Mo

Glad you had a great time and a safe trip back home. How is the weather in your home town. In Texas, it is very hot but the humidity level is tolerable. 100 + without the heat index for I believe 22 days straight. DD and 3 friends has decided I need to take them to Six Flags in two weeks.

Midori DD 11 and Bob - have a great day.:)

Well we're in Scotland so it's not Florida weather! LOL! We did, however, return to sunshine for the first time in years. Sun is out and it's warm but by warm I'm probably talking 20C at the most! That's some heat you've got going on there!!

mo x

We're back and had great trip!!:goodvibes Already trying to decide on dates for July 2012.:woohoo: Weather was great only rained twice, crowds were not too bad, and we always went in opposite direction of tour groups!:thumbsup2

mo x

I know what you mean about the fast flying 2 weeks, can't believe it is over!

It was so nice meeting you and your DH. Your son is so adorable.

I also need to get back to the gym. Luckily the scale was kind this morning, and said I only gained a pound.........it must have been all that walking!

vacation starts today...off to Pittsburgh in a bit, then flying out tomorrow early am to Disney!! :) I'm hoping all will go well, the tour groups I've been reading about are worring me, maybe they will be gone this wk :)

Have a great trip. We just got back last night after 2 weeks, the tour groups were not nearly as bad this week as last week, so you will probably be fine. I think the 2nd and 3rd week of July must be peak. We saw a group of them leaving at the airport last night.

So, we're home, and I'm finally, sort of getting over my Disney hangover. I have a few observations that I'll post later (gotta get workin'), but was wondering where the July 2012 thread is? I gotta get planning!!

Cheers,
Indy

I think we should start that July 12 thread - we will be there early July since our APs will expire on July 12, 2012.......

We're back and had great trip!!:goodvibes Already trying to decide on dates for July 2012.:woohoo: Weather was great only rained twice, crowds were not too bad, and we always went in opposite direction of tour groups!:thumbsup2

I agree - we thought the weather was pretty decent. The only 2 big rains were both on Fridays though - we had ADRs both times, the first week at Hoop De Doo and the second week at Narcoosees.........

Glad you had a great trip!

We are back too.

sorry we missed the meet!

if anyone didn't preorder a photopass cd, and is thinkin about it, PM me, please.:)

TR is up, on link in Sig!

Also talking with DH about vacation club!!
Side note... anyone's DH or DW read their reports on here? DH does mine, and is getting a kick out of it.

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound.:thumbsup2 Getting my DD focused on getting ready for school to start. She has to finish her summer reading assignments.

Mickey and Minnie hasn't aged at all but I have :confused3 what's up with that? They still look great to this date.:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Have A Great Week :cool2:

Well we r back from our 10 day stay.

HOT. holy crap. we haven't done the summer in 10 years. have stuck with winter and spring trips. know i remember why. told my wife in nov if i complain about the cold to hit me! all in all it was a great trip. the baby loved the rides and now hates the characters. loved em at 13 months but at 20 months now hates em. oh well. she loved playing with all the kids at the pool at WL. we spent alot of time at the pool!

here are my thoughts:

1. i will never stay anywhere else now that we have done the WL. i have stayed at all the other del but this was my favorite stay. it's just such a warm inviting place to stay. i loved just chilling in the lobby if the baby was napping, or letting her run up and down the bridge inside while we sat in the chairs and rested.

2. the pool does need more chairs. we went to jiko for dinner and took a stroll around the pool. tons! of chairs there. wish they would move some over to WL.

3. never was a big fan of the boats but man it was so easy going to and from the MK. no problems at all.

4. the tour groups were taxing on us. i mean forget about the parades. they would line the whole route by 530 for the 9 parade. crazy! if they went to a ride we turned around. all in all we got on everything real easy. only 30 min wait for toy story mania at 1030 one morning even.

all in all great trip!

jimi

mo x

Mo~ I finally dug into the Rock you gave all of us and it's REALLY good! Sorry to hear your little man has jet lag :sad1: I will be back to eating right and hitting the gym once I'm back in the town I live in.

Have a fun and GREAT trip!
Well we r back from our 10 day stay.

HOT. holy crap. we haven't done the summer in 10 years. have stuck with winter and spring trips. know i remember why. told my wife in nov if i complain about the cold to hit me! all in all it was a great trip. the baby loved the rides and now hates the characters. loved em at 13 months but at 20 months now hates em. oh well. she loved playing with all the kids at the pool at WL. we spent alot of time at the pool!

here are my thoughts:

1. i will never stay anywhere else now that we have done the WL. i have stayed at all the other del but this was my favorite stay. it's just such a warm inviting place to stay. i loved just chilling in the lobby if the baby was napping, or letting her run up and down the bridge inside while we sat in the chairs and rested.

2. the pool does need more chairs. we went to jiko for dinner and took a stroll around the pool. tons! of chairs there. wish they would move some over to WL.

3. never was a big fan of the boats but man it was so easy going to and from the MK. no problems at all.

4. the tour groups were taxing on us. i mean forget about the parades. they would line the whole route by 530 for the 9 parade. crazy! if they went to a ride we turned around. all in all we got on everything real easy. only 30 min wait for toy story mania at 1030 one morning even.

all in all great trip!

jimi

We love the WL too and are looking into either a Jr. Suite or a 2 bedroom Villa in November of next year. Not a huge fan of the BTG's either. Tink's DD and I could have hour long discussions on them and our distaste for them :rotfl:

Mo~ I finally dug into the Rock you gave all of us and it's REALLY good! Sorry to hear your little man has jet lag :sad1: I will be back to eating right and hitting the gym once I'm back in the town I live in.

We love the WL too and are looking into either a Jr. Suite or a 2 bedroom Villa in November of next year. Not a huge fan of the BTG's either. Tink's DD and I could have hour long discussions on them and our distaste for them :rotfl:

Would you believe that when we went through security at the airport there was a BTG on the other side, you should have seen Ashley's face! What really did her in was the group on Spaceship Earth taking flash pictures the entire ride - she was livid - she was complaining about it very loudly......

It was so nice meeting you and your family - Ashley also thought your daughters were adorable -

Awww 3.5 months will go by fast!!!! I am really sad Dennis will miss Christmas... they *could* come home as they won't be needed past November, but someone over there who has no life has made the decision to stay 'for the extra money' ... grrrr!!!!!

Yep I think next trip will be October 2012 for us. I was miserably hot this past trip!

I am not sure about military discount for rooms ... I hope they continue it! I am sure they make lots of money off of military families that would not go without the discounts!

At the WL we actually got upgraded to club level for free! We were a woods view. When checking in I asked about it and actually got it. First time I ever asked for something! It was awesome having snacks all day for the baby. It was nice for us too. Breakfast was a real plus for us cause we both usually just eat cereal and fruit. That saved us 20 bucks a day alone. @ nights we stayed back for the dinner thing with them. It was real good both nights. nice pick of choices to eat. We actually filled up and cx'ed dinner those 2 nights. Didn't expect to either. Nighttime dessert was ok. nothing special. I would say breakfast the big plus for us along with food for the baby. She made herself right at home. Everyday when we got up or came back to the 7th floor she went right for the fridge to get apple juice. it was pretty funny.
our room was a magic kingdom woods view. perfect shot of the castle through the trees. we were room 7050.

all in all great experience and are deff thinking of changing to a jr suite for november's trip if the sister-in-law decides to come.

jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter