JUly 5, 2003 Trip Report up

I have way overspent my lunch hour and when I saw the pictures from brunch and tea I just had to call everyone over to see my cruise buddies. I am so busted!!;)

Loved the report. and miss you guys terribly.

BTW what happened with the job?

Hi Sandy,
Just finished reading the rest of the report....GREAT JOB!!!
THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU for not including any Grand Cayman "swimsuit" shots....I wouldn't want the DISers from other sailings to envy our wonderfully hard and toned bodies!

Hi Denise,
Hee-hee, I can just see you at work with all the patients waiting and you're mesmerized by the trip report. It's a sickness, I know, and we all have it! I swore I wouldn't be on the boards until Feb'04 (6 mos. prior) and look at me.....Oh well!

Denise - it's a long story, but it didn't happen. After telling the recruiter that I would be out of phone contact and to please email me, I got back to port to find to voice messages from him from the 8th! I called him on Monday and he said that since he wasn't able to get a hold of me, they gave the job to someone else :(

Jeanne - wait, there are a lot of pictures I need to scan. I think I have some pictures of you and family at Stingray CIty. But, for a price, I can withhold them :)

Oh, man, Sandy, I'm so sorry about your job....it's so irritating when you give people explicit instructions and they totally ignore them. When things like that happen, I always tell myself there's a reason and something better is waiting in the wings. It's just so frustrating when you're in the midst of it.

On a lighter note, tell me exactly how bad the photos are and I'll let you know what it's worth to me. Or, you can just scan the photos of our great looking teens and assign the adults' names to them! I see you got a new hit from the tag fairies.....it took me forever to figure out what it was all about and then I remembered that other LONG thread and realized what they were referring to!

Jeanne, if it makes you feel better, yesterday was a non clinical day. I was at the computer doing paperwork. "No patient's were inconvienced by the reading of this trip report."

Sandy, what a bummer. This means something better will be coming along.

wow great reports!!! We're sailing on the next Western, thx for the tips!!!

I sure hope you're right, guys.

Jeanne - actually that's not from the tag fairies. I still need them to add color for me. I have to find them first. I earned that tag from my visit to WDW. WDWWDS is a secret society on the Community board that has very strict rules on how one becomes a member :)

jlwall - if you find DISers as great as these guys, you'll have a great time.

Hi: I enjoyed your trip report. I noticed that Wendy and Doreen were in your DIS group. My husband and I met them when we sailed on the Magic in July of 2001. Small world! Jan

Sandy, how did you transfer your aug 7th ressie to dreams? I've been search for a phone number without success.

Sandy - I'm not sure if you remember me from the dvc board on aol, but what a nice surprise to find your trip report link here! Sounds like you had a terrific time, and as usual your report was excellent. The whole family looks great - although the kids look older than I remember (but not you or Judy <g>)!

Hi Sandy - I have been waiting patiently for your report on the cruise line report. Glad to meet some of the dis members and put a face to them. Your report and picutures are great. Wish we had joined you guys at Paolos - I was afraid to make too many "appointments". Congratulations again to Seth who was sitting next to us when he won Bingo.

We were also at Mr. Sanchos. We paid $15 for a cab there (5 people) and $18 coming back. Our friends paid $30 for 6 people and about $20 coming back. They make their own prices. My kids enjoyed this beach too, they went horseback riding, rode the jet skiis (wave runners) and one son rode the atv(?) quad on beach. I think we were overcharged a few dollars too on bill. Our waitor was really pushing us to buy drinks or food when he gave us his "best" table. The people at the shops were a little pushy too, with "come in, come in". Too bad we did not meet up here. My dh is thinking of another cruise in 2005. Let's see.

Originally posted by wdw1972
Sandy - I'm not sure if you remember me from the dvc board on aol, but what a nice surprise to find your trip report link here! Sounds like you had a terrific time, and as usual your report was excellent. The whole family looks great - although the kids look older than I remember (but not you or Judy <g>)!

Sue - of course I remember you, thanks. I also remember our meeting in Hilton Head. How nice to see you on the DIS Boards.

I just checked my VISA online and saw the Mr. Sanchos charge posted at around $83. From what I remember, we had two orders of cheese quesedillas, 4 smoothies, 4 strawberry margueritas and a soda. That doesn't seem to be much for $83. I would still recommend Mr. Sanchos, but with a strong warning that people check their bills and know what they ordered.

I'm pretty sure we were overcharged too. $29.00 for two appetizers, two kids meals, and 4 soft drinks. After paying, waiter said the tip was not included so I gave him $1.00 because the tip had to be included in the $29.00. A local who overheard us talking to the waiter said that saying the tip wasn't included is a common trick they do on vacationers and to watch out. I figured as much hence my $1.00 tip. I figured it was cheaper than WDW and it was a free beach, clean chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, and showers.

Miss you guys!!!!

Amy

Sandy
I am so sorry to hear the job fell through but I am sure it means there is something else waiting for you. Your trip report is wonderful - thank you for the time you have spent on it.
As for Mr Sanchos beach we had the same thing happen to us - overcharged but felt unable to query it. I feel bad because I recommended it to a lot of people - it didn't happen last year.
Amy - we miss you too.
JanDave - how are you? It is lovely to hear from you again!
Wendy

Hi Wendy and Doreen,
Hope the last two weeks of your vacation were just as much fun as the first two! Glad to hear you made it back safely!
Talk to you soon,
Jeanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter