July

Sandiz08

DIS Veteran
Just exploring the idea of going during the month of July. Is it high season as far as pricing during this month? Can discounts be had if I’m not able to secure a dvc rental. How busy is it during this time?

Are you looking at this July? If so, that would be very late to secure a DVC rental. People start booking DVC 7-11 months in advance.

It is considered high season since its summer time, when many people can only vacation. I would also expect it to be busy this July because major refurbishments begin in August, so there may be folks trying to get their trip in before that begins. But that said, the resort can only be as busy as its capacity. In other words, if the resort is sold out, the grounds won't exceed that. It can still feel busy with a battle for pool chairs, but IMO, you can still enjoy the pool and beach just fine.

Last edited:
Definitely not this July, next. Figured summer would be busy busy. I’ve been looking at offers and they appear to be spring and fall.

Definitely not this July, next. Figured summer would be busy busy. I’ve been looking at offers and they appear to be spring and fall.

This August, around 11 months out, start checking the DVC Rent/Trade forum here. There may be Aulani owners looking to rent out their points. You can also add your name with the brokers. I would definitely start the process at 11 months out for the best shot at availability.

Just exploring the idea of going during the month of July. Is it high season as far as pricing during this month? Can discounts be had if I’m not able to secure a dvc rental. How busy is it during this time?

Given Aulani’s increase in popularity since it opened, I doubt there are many times of year when it is not crowded. I usually travel to Aulani in July and the resort will be close to capacity if not full. I have actually stayed over July 4th and the resort seemed to thin out after the holiday. As the OP said, you really don’t notice how full the resort is unless you’re trying to get a pool chair. I’ve also stayed over Christmas/New Year’s and the resort is similarly full. As long as you plan early you should be ok. I tend to visit Aulani during peak times and doing so has never negatively affected my enjoyment of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter