June 4, 2005 Mexican riviera

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to wonder if I'll get to be roaming that beautiful ship all by myself!

Is anyone from the DIS going to be on this cruise?

I can't find anyone going on my date either. June 11th. What's up? Are we going to be on a ship with no fellow Disers? :confused: I hope everyone we meet on the ship is as nice as everyone here!:teeth: ::yes::

I'm going on Aug 6 and a friend and her family are on the July 2nd cruise. Will you be able to post a trip report so everyone will know what to expect excursion-wise? Have a great cruise!!:earsboy:

I will try to post a report with info to help you, but I have never travelled before and have no idea how to do excursions or what we will do! I heard that we should all have special stuff on these 50th anniv cruises, so I will relay that info if it's different than what stuff I've read happens on the regular cruises. I am kind of sad that I won't experience one of the regular cruises because I know them so well from reading here on the boards. I am afraid that when I go on our cruise that they will change all the shows, menus, etc. to be special for the 50th and I will be lost! I want to see all the shows you all have talked about. Either way I know it will be a great cruise. I just won't be as prepared for it if they change anything!:sunny:

I know what you mean! My DD is concerned that the cruise may not be as special as there isn't a Castaway Cay...but this way she gets to cruise for a week without the extra expense of the flights!!pirate: I believe we'll have a great time and so will you!!

Hi JC!

We'll be on the June 4th cruise!

This is our families first time cruising with Disney so can't wait!

It will be Me, DH, DS9, DS7 and DD 1 1/2.

Hopefully more people on the DIS will chime in.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! At last there is someone to join in!

It will be me, celebrating my 30th birthday on the ship and my husband.

I cruised on the Wonder back in 2000 but I'm very excited to be with my husband on his first cruise ever (he's a little nervous though).

I don't know about you but I can't wait until they give us more info about excursions.

Brenda

Hi Brenda!

I'm also waiting not so patiently for more info.

Trying to plan our flight in/out with a stay at DL is proving to be a bit of a challenge with no info to go on. :confused:

we just booked on the june 4-11 west coast cruise. so excited! thought we couldn't get any 7-day cruises next summer. i was almost going to call disney to recommend they build another ship. two just is not enough! we just got off the 9/18 magic eastern carribean and will be using our 50% voucher for the next trip.

this will be our 3rd cruise on disney!
Me, DH 41, DD10, DD6

more news please.

As far as planning your flight, you should be able to do that. If you look at Disneycruise.com the offical website they tell you that you must be on board on Saturday, June 4th at 4:00 p.m. If it's anything like the Caribbean cruises, you'd really want to get there at like noon or 1:00.

then on Saturday, June 11th we're back at the pier at 8:30 a.m. They have suggested not booking any flights before noon that day though because of possible delays.

I've been pricing out flights, about $350 out of Madison, about twice what I pay for WDW, I'm hoping the prices go down a bit.

I've been doing research on cruisecritic.com and other sites that feature ships that go to the Mexican Riviera. I found out about a horseback riding option that gets rave reviews so I booked directly with her.

If you're interested check out her website at "RandisHappyHorses.com" and then we'd be riding together on our day in Maztalan.

Brenda

Come out come out where-ever you are!

I know there are more people joining us and I want to meet everyone!

Which dining rotation did all of you pick? I'm in the early one for now--can't decide if I want to stay there or not.

Hey JC,

We are also on the early dinner rotation. We are gonna stick with it for the kids sake....I guess its really for the parent's sake:crazy:

Anybody else joining us????

I too will be on this cruise! :cool1: I was starting to wonder myself if anyone else would be on this cruise. I did see a post for this cruise last week, but only 2 people posted on it, and one is my friend that I am traveling with. I can't wait. It has been a long year waiting for the time to arrive. Is anyone else doing Disneyland before the cruise?

yeah I want to do Disneyland for a few days. I know that staying on site isn't "necessary" but I can't decide if I want to stretch the budget to make it work. I love the little "Disney" touches but I could save about $1000 if I didn't stay there . . . . so many decisions to make!

Have any of you decided on which excursions you'll take? I'd love to swim with the dolphins but the tequila/tortilla tour looked interesting too. I'll have to do some horseback riding somewhere but looks like that's offered at all three ports.

I can't wait!!!

We go to Disneyland almost every year and always stay on site. :flower: It is much easier that way. Have you looked at Paradise Pier Hotel? It is on site, a very nice hotel, and the least expensive of the 3. Last time I checked, it was really close in price to some of the other nice area hotels. Plus it has it's own enterance into California Adventure. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter