June 4, 2018 Alaskan cruise anybody?

chaseg03

Wishing I was on a cruise
No one has started it yet so I decided to kick it off. Anybody going?

We signed up for this cruise in two weeks ago and there will be five of us. Myself, my 2 granddaughters, my daughter and her partner. All adults (just barely). We range in age from almost 19 to75. The cruise is a graduation gift to both girls, the younger from Highschool the older getting her Nursing degree. This will be our second cruise to Alaska, the girls first. There is a growing group on Facebook, at last check there were about 40 people signed up.

We signed up for this cruise in two weeks ago and there will be five of us. Myself, my 2 granddaughters, my daughter and her partner. All adults (just barely). We range in age from almost 19 to75. The cruise is a graduation gift to both girls, the younger from Highschool the older getting her Nursing degree. This will be our second cruise to Alaska, the girls first. There is a growing group on Facebook, at last check there were about 40 people signed up.
Good to know!

Our family will be onboard!
Alaska has been on our bucket list since our first Disney cruise so we decided to hop onboard now that our kids are old enough to stay up late and hike and so forth.

YES! Our family will be there! Looking forward to trying our first Fish Exchange.

My parents are in that, getting close to 100 members!

We are going! Yeah!!!! Unfortunately, I am not on FB. We are planning to fly into Seattle, WA. Stay a couple of days to enjoy. Then, take the Amtrak Cascades through WA and then onto Vancouver, BC. We booked hotels already and very excited.

If anyone would like to get together for a meet and greet in Seattle and/or Vancouver, please let me know. I would be happy to set something up.

Bummer! All the other disboards meets that I have participated in previous cruises were so active. I had to spend time catching up. Due to my line of work, I am not on FB. @Shanti, thanks for letting me know!

We are going! Yeah!!!! Unfortunately, I am not on FB. We are planning to fly into Seattle, WA. Stay a couple of days to enjoy. Then, take the Amtrak Cascades through WA and then onto Vancouver, BC. We booked hotels already and very excited.
I was searching for anything about traveling on Amtrak and noticed your post. We are going May 21 and taking the Cascades up. Was wondering if you’ve ever done this before?

I was searching for anything about traveling on Amtrak and noticed your post. We are going May 21 and taking the Cascades up. Was wondering if you’ve ever done this before?
No, but my friends and colleagues have done this. There are two trains: 7:30 a.m. and one in the evening. It's approx. 3.5 hour train ride. You can check your luggage and it's actually less expensive. However, you will need your passport to purchase the tickets. Hope this helps

For those who are not on FB like myself, we have booked everything from flights, hotels, transportation, shore excursion (DIY) in Skagway, Hop-on-Hop off bus in Vancouver. Now, we are planning for the other two ports. It's short trip, but learned alot through online research: Disboards, TripAdvisor, friends and colleagues.

Hope everyone gets their excursions. We have just booked ours and 3 of them are DIYs: lumberjack show, Eagle and Bear tour, and personal tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter