June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: Hiya everyone! :wave2:

Then there where 5 days!

:yoda: :yoda: :yoda: :yoda: :yoda:

Thanks everyone for the wonderful countdown!

Tomar, I am counting on you! Let us know about the mine train!

TP2, I am free for a tutorial on fp+ and any "new" innoventions. :goodvibes

RHMH, Keep us up on DL too!

EE22, Your in the home stretch for school now! Hang in there. pixiedust:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I got cancelled today so that was sweet! Bug, packed. We are half ready!
It is thundering out bad right now > about to start raining any second!
They are saying will rain all week now ??? Ugh.

Happy Planning! :wizard: :banana: :wizard:

mky :cutie:

Hello and Happy Sunday To All

Just a personal thought... DD and I are kind of disappointed in the Restaurants offered in the Parks, DTD and their menu offerings...

Must be the trend in California..

Lots of Restaurants across the street east side of the parks 1 to 2 blocks north and 1 to 2 blocks south within walking distance like Tony Roma's, 2 - I-Hop, Shakey's Pizza Parlor, Mimi's, Outback, Joe's Crabshack, Morton's Stk House, Denney's, McDonalds etc., etc.

Our Anaheim Hilton Hotel is right across the street from the parks and for the price of 149.00 per night with 4th night free, I could not pass it up... It's a 1500 room convention hotel.. IMO a very nice hotel, went on their web site and was impressed... booked through Disney site.

:dancer:party:MKY & BUG ~ 4 MORE DAYS !! party::dancer:
Wishing you both the Bestest Trip EVER !!!! Have a wonderful time at the Beach Club !! :beach: and Safe travels to the World !!:angel: :angel:

RHMH- Sorry about the Restaurant offerings at DL. Not familiar with any of the Planning for the West Coast, :goodvibes

TP2- So Happy to hear that DH is going to go with you guys on your vacay to the world !! :cheer2: :goodvibes :cheer2:

EE22- Got to be a couple of weeks left for the end of school now !! :dance3::teacher::dance3:

Happy week everyone !!!:grouphug:

:wave2: Hiya everyone! :wave2:

We are at 2 days!

I soooooooooooooooooo need to get busy. Got cancelled yesterday and cleaned house for dad. So today is packing day! Which I am currently ignoring. :confused3 I hate packing. Which is odd > should be an exciting thing to do...... :confused3

Thanks everyone for the great send off! :wizard:

Looks like we are suppose to start with rain > for a couple of days and then clearing. Which I would rather start with. We do more park stuff when you 1st get there....

Remember > any info on mine train ap opening or regular opening let us know!

mky! :cutie:

Have a Super Magical Vacation.

Tell Mickey and the Gang hello for us and let them know we'll see them at Disneyland.. ha!!!!!!!

:yay: hiya all! :yay:

Well we made it. :hyper: Unfortunately getting 3 hrs of sleep didn't work too well. It is pouring rain here so >>> napping.

Our villa was actually ready at 1150 am. We have NEVER stayed at yc /bc and got a room early. Wow.

Yes Tomar, we got your favorite. We are on 5th floor facing pool. It will be ok. I hope. It is a dedicated 1br villa. 536. So far pool is not an issue the 3 ducks in it are not bothering us at all. :lmao:

Yep, kinda missing CR. Miss the incredible view > but it was a good idea to do something different, and time for a change. But, I still miss it.

National was great. We snagged a Rav4 with 4K on it. Southwest was ontime and pleasant.

Everyone hang in there. Well gonna shower for dinner and wake up bug.

Have a great weekend. mky :cutie:

MKY- YAAY !!! Glad you guys are in the world safe and sound :goodvibes :angel:
Ouch, sorry about the room assignment, but glad your making do pixiedust:pixiedust:...Sorry about the rain as well.....I hope you and bug have a wonderful vacay , and as RHMH said....Said hi to mickey for us !!!:mickeyjum:mickeyjum
I was reading about the dwarfs train ride, still in testing faze as of yesterday..
I have a feeling you will know more , while you are there, but we will certainly keep you up to date pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Not looking forward to being up for 24 hours either , we never sleep at all before we leave for the world, toooo nervous and excited , and making sure we are ready in the weeeee hours for the trip to the airport....:earseek:

Happy weekend everyone !! :grouphug:

MKY and BUG: Have a wonderful trip and enjoy that "terrible view"!!! :rotfl:

I saw that free dining came out for the holidays. Our trip would literally double in price to switch from August to December. Insane.

Still holding out hope that we can go in August. I should know soon enough. Life has been pretty busy...time flies around here. Cannot believe it is May already.

Hope everyone is well. Miss chatting more often.:listen: Summer will be here before you know it and I will have plenty of time.:cloud9:

Hi everyone
Hope you don't mind me posting on your board, we're busy planning our trip, can't come soon enough after cancelling our last on day b4 we was due to fly and it was a surprise trip for the children, will put full details in pre trip report I am going to write. Weather here in the UK us up and down so looking forward to HOT HOT HOT HOT weather..we are staying at the BC July 20 through to Aug 3 2014 me (penny) DH DS12 DD9 (having 10th birthday in MK) pand DD 8.. .. Will come back and say hi again soon if that ok need to get oldest DS to his cricket game

Hiya everyone! :wave2:

Well we really had a great trip. A great learning experience too.

Will attempt to do a quicky report:

** Southwest was super. Our 2am wake up was horrible but we where at wdw by 9:30am.
** National was quick and easy as usual. We rented a Rav 4. A little slow for pickup / take off's. > but doubt had the bigger engine. Nice luggage room. National has the best in and out service.
** BCV 1 br. Yes, we had the 5th floor middle / pool view. I had just requested high floor. Always seem to have the gymnast kids above us for some reason??? So like that as a #1 request. 5th floor is totally great. It is a smaller floor than the rest of the BCV. So less traffic, never heard anyone in halls was very quiet. Only thing you could hear was when our neighbor used the jet tub. But, then they could probably hear ours too.
Villa was in perfect shape. Everything worked. Love the parking at BCV. Not quiet kidani but very close. :thumbsup2
Our room was actually ready by 12pm! Was shocked. We had planned to eat and go to dhs but got text at lunch and got room.

** Dining **
We had cancelled a lot of dining adr's before we left. Due to the visa card hold thing. Didn't want to be too locked into something and would plan to "wing it".

-- Beaches diner. Hmmmm, I know this is a big favorite. But, I would not go back. This was our 1st meal. Check in lunch. This was the most expensive meal [except for character meals]. I am serious. We each had a shake, burger and fries. Bug's shake had to be made special due to allergy it came after we ate. Our bill was over 50.00. And sooooooooooooo not worth it. Maybe a nice ice cream spot but would not eat here again.

--Sci fi star wars breakfast. I soooooooooooooooo wanted to do this. Total dissappointment. We wind up being once again "hitch hikers in back seat". So as the characters walked up to the car, took pic's with the family and kids then all walked away. They thought we where all togther. Even though the family never talked to us, or us to them. Had to finally find one of the handlers and tell them we had not one character by us, and had been skipped. So then they came and just took a quick pic and that was it. As for breakfast. They had a wonderful tray of danishes, and rolls oh wait > all had a chocholate star wars thing on each. And they served them knowing her allergy. It was so dark in there > she almost ate it. Then when we said something the cm said > oh well you can't eat that huh. Took rolls and left. No chef > no one offering to get her something else.... . Then you had a choice of 3 breakfast's nothing spectacular.

-- Hollywood and Vine star wars dinner. Now, this was wonderful! Great characters. Very interactive. Food so so. They had a gorgeous dessert set up of all special star wars cupcakes, etc... . The chef there for dessert > I asked what bug could eat > all had something of chocholate on them. So a chef came to table and offered a cheese cake > bug agreed he brought out 2 large pieces for her and was very accomadating.

--Tony's Town Square. We really like Tony's. The chef came out and we discussed meatballs. They are now on the third rendetion. He came up with this reciepe. Was very good > with a hint of meatball #1! My fav.

--Liberty tree lunch. We prefer lunch here. Had a late ressie at 2:45 and no one rushed us out for dinner people. They where very nice and we could see the parade out the window! I did traditional turkey and bug had the burger. We both liked lunch.

--Chef de france. One of our fav. We always come here each trip and eat the same thing. Can't mess with tradition.

-- Teppan Edo. Quickly becoming our go to steakhouse. The show is great. prices are not too outrageous. We had some friendly table mates so was a great experince > and our fav. meal of the trip!

--Dolphin fountain. Love this for a quick sandwich. Way better in food and price to beaches.

Otherwise we ate quick service and snacked.
fav included: colombia harbour house, the land pavilion food court,
america.

FastPass + OMG. I thought having used it in oct. 2013 as a test > would prepare us. Not much. You have to set it up and revamp and then revamp some more.
--first > work out adr's and fp+ times.
oops now you picked big rides > and you are running back and forth across the park over and over again. oops so try and fix that. Then decide that ride always has a line, that one moves quick...... Then you keep changing...... OMg.
My plan: decide which ones that are located and that you do not want to stand in line for. IE: haunted mansion > I would NEVER fast pass. Now > I would VERY much consider it.
It is a lot of thought. And a lottttttttttttttttttttttt of planning.

Hope this helps, and yes am open to questions!

mky :cutie:

Glad you had a good trip:cool1:
we found with fp+ we were criss crossing the park too especially at MK. Don't likey.

Welcome Back MKY and Bug :goodvibes
Glad that you had a good trip, and that you were happy staying at the BCV :yay:
I actually had the Pleasure (or should I say un-pleasure) of doing our FP+ selections the other night at 12 midnight, after a mix up on "what night our window opened actually" ugh !:rolleyes:...Anyway, as it stands, you HAVE to pick 3 FP`s,(even if you don`t want to) then if you finish those , you can choose another set.
Don`t think we are even going to do the first 3, each park day...:rolleyes1...Epcot- Soarin and Spaceship earth... Mabe :rotfl:....DHS- TSM and the GMR... Mabe :rotfl:...MK Pirates and HM ..for sure,....Ariel for sure, when we eat at BOG...many of our times interfered with dinner, and I could have only changed a couple of dining options, so that will leave out a few FP times right there :headache:... The last night we chose to just do the Illuminations Reserved area, and that`s that.....I hate to say this, but Disney Planning is starting "not" to be the best part of my experience during the year anymore....:sad2:
Note: we could have made a FP+ for the Dwarfs ride, it was on the list at MK ( IT said they are rolling the Dwarf FP`s out slowly, but, I cannot ride any coasters )...I took the virtual ride on utube however, it was neat !! :mickeyjum
Soo, Glad you guys are home safe and sound, Im sure your Dad and the boys were missing you both. :angel:

Hiya everyone! :banana:

EE22, yep alot of unnecessary walking. :rolleyes1

Tomar, your right for fp+ pick lines togther, [ie: stay in similar areas]. Pick lines that are slow, hot, and board slowlyyyyyyyyyyy.
HM is a probably cause they start in a line > then you are in a big cattle area > and they "fill in all space"..... > to the graveyard where you finally get back to a single line. Was not fun.
Adr's open up daily. I never saw BOG offered and then while down there on my computer it was offered almost daily. People cancelling. So if your looking for something keep trying.

The mine ride was closed every day except our last we saw people getting on. So hoping it was for ap holders. We asked and no cm only. "still training". Looks really fun. They are saying a cross from BTMRR & goofy's coaster for kids. I thought it looked better than that thou.

Anyone interested in late aug / sept there is a new offer online at wdw. For room only discounts and packages.

We are off in sept. not sure if we are going but I have a room only saved. We did a bounceback while at wdw. Got 35% on that but not room category I wanted. The new offer had the room but only 30%. Will probably go with new offer.

Oh well, planning is really getting involved now. Your right Tomar starting to seem toooooooo planned and tooooooooooo much work.

mky princess:

Glad your back MKY and Bug

Sorry you have to zip & zap here and there. I know its tiresome . Learned a lot from your report.. Appreciate you taking the time to help us understand what's going on right now.

I am so glad we decided to migrate west to DLR instead of trying to strategize our days at WDW. Like you and Tomar stated, its a little more planning than I can deal with right now. Would like to watch, listen and let the dust to settle for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter