• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just a little rant

IMO, with everything else they have on their plates as to gettting the parks fully operational, disney just doesn’t see the current, excessively long wait times to be an issue that particularly concerns them.

If anything, the long wait times probably discourage all but those with immediate & pressing problems from pressing forward with the call.

Rather surprised in lieu of call centers they aren’t offering work at home opportunities to staff, unless it’s a technical issue with secure line

They are still working from home for some of the jobs. I just think that there are too many needs for people to call MS now vs before Covid, So, even if MS is back to staffing levels prior to last year...and I am not sure if they are...I think we would still be seeing long wait times given so many members, especially international who can now get extensions on points needing to call.

I do think something should be done and I sent an email to membership satisfaction that they need to create some level of call back virtual que if staffing isn’t enough and they can’t increase it because most owners can not hold on for hours at a time.

We had a week long trip planned this week but thanks to so many CMs getting furloughed, fired, and sent away... We’ll be coming to Orlando to enjoy those rehired CMs now working at other local area parks and restaurants...
I’m in no mood to wait in long 80 degree lines for a watered down experience at the same ridiculous prices. We have DVC and APs but simply put, no thanks.

Just another rant... Our magic bands will now arrive on Monday and we leave tomorrow morning.. I am just so annoyed. They used USPS to mail our bands and of course they are going to be LATE.. They used to use FedEx. So not only did I buy new designs for this trip and had PAY for them.. I will not get them in time before we leave. I am really started to get very very annoyed and frustrated. I know Disney can't control what USPS does but why would they use them right now given the situation they are in? Cost savings I am sure. BTW I didn't choose my bands late either. I was at least 10 days before they said to confirm them by.

What is even more stupid they were just 1 city over from me 2 days ago and now they are in a whole new state. So inefficient... Had I known I would have called and asked them if I could just pick them up at the distribution center. I am sure the answer would have been NO since they were probably buried on a truck somewhere.

If DVC calls me 1 more time asking me to add on points I am going to scream... 3 calls in the last 2 weeks.

Hey, I have a thing that texts me notification of what is supposed to come in the mail every day. Last Wednesday morning, I got a text saying there was a small package I had ordered at the local post office, but it wasn't scheduled for delivery until Saturday. Seriously?!

Last edited:

Just another rant... Our magic bands will now arrive on Monday and we leave tomorrow morning.. I am just so annoyed. They used USPS to mail our bands and of course they are going to be LATE.. They used to use FedEx. So not only did I buy new designs for this trip and had PAY for them.. I will not get them in time before we leave. I am really started to get very very annoyed and frustrated. I know Disney can't control what USPS does but why would they use them right now given the situation they are in? Cost savings I am sure. BTW I didn't choose my bands late either. I was at least 10 days before they said to confirm them by.

What is even more stupid they were just 1 city over from me 2 days ago and now they are in a whole new state. So inefficient... Had I known I would have called and asked them if I could just pick them up at the distribution center. I am sure the answer would have been NO since they were probably buried on a truck somewhere.

If DVC calls me 1 more time asking me to add on points I am going to scream... 3 calls in the last 2 weeks.

Ugg. We leave Monday and I ordered 2 weeks ago. Just plain bands but I was getting nervous they were not coming. Didn’t matter for me, but wanted my guest to have hers,

I did get a text they are arriving today but I understand the concern. Let’s hope a miracle happens!

I for one DO NOT understand the 'complications due to covid" in this situation ..... my 'industry" did not shut down, neither did grocery stores, gas stations, or even home improvement stores. All operated as pretty much normal. It seems to me that a call center might be among the easiest of work places to secure since it provides for zero face to face interaction so if the call demand is there and by all indications in reading here it is, why hasn't Disney hired these folks back? There is zero reason to expect people to sit on hold for hours to get a simple issue resolved.
The sheer volume of calls has increased. And covid has caused call centers to social distance. And in most instances to remote workers. Which has a whole slew of issues. The social distancing probably reduced their call centers by 40 %. If they started remote workers I estimate they are down 10% of their efficiency due to issues related to that.
One major thing is all the covid related questions callers are bringing up. And then there are people who bought tickets like yourself that want to exchange them for a deal that came after they purchased them. I really don't see why the anger? You purchased what you did and agreed to the terms. If they gave you the extra days that is amazing of Disney to do so. But it's not their fault the parks are booked.

Last edited:
The sheer volume of calls has increased. And covid has caused call centers to social distance. And in most instances to remote workers. Which has a whole slew of issues. The social distancing probably reduced their call centers by 40 %. If they started remote workers I estimate they are down 10% of their efficiency due to issues related to that.
One major thing is all the covid related questions callers are bringing up. And then there are people who bought tickets like yourself that want to exchange them for a deal that came after they purchased them. I really don't see why the anger? You purchased what you did and agreed to the terms. If they gave you the extra days that is amazing of Disney to do so. But it's not their fault the parks are booked. Blame the Chinese for allowing their virus to spread and cause our parks to limit the number of park goers.
I was with ya... Till the end..

This is ridiculous. And no one sends anything important through usps period.

I'm laughing at all this. Forget beefing up the call center, this is 2021. They could reduce call volume to a fraction of what it is now with a competent website. The very notion that I have to call to receive a ticket discount, are you kidding me?

I think this entire ordeal (with the pandemic as a trigger) has opened a LOT of eyes of the faithful. Disney is a for-profit business - all have been well aware of that fact. But many were willing to pay a premium price because they believed that Disney was a premium brand, a superior company, and delivered a premium experience.

What we're seeing now is anything but - and has taken many (myself included) by surprise. It's really made me question whether I want to have any (future) association with this company.

I'm laughing at all this. Forget beefing up the call center, this is 2021. They could reduce call volume to a fraction of what it is now with a competent website. The very notion that I have to call to receive a ticket discount, are you kidding me?

I think this entire ordeal (with the pandemic as a trigger) has opened a LOT of eyes of the faithful. Disney is a for-profit business - all have been well aware of that fact. But many were willing to pay a premium price because they believed that Disney was a premium brand, a superior company, and delivered a premium experience.

What we're seeing now is anything but - and has taken many (myself included) by surprise. It's really made me question whether I want to have any (future) association with this company.
And this is the company we can trust to not sell our faces witht he face scans coming soon to a park near you haha.

One major thing is all the covid related questions callers are bringing up. And then there are people who bought tickets like yourself that want to exchange them for a deal that came after they purchased them. I really don't see why the anger? You purchased what you did and agreed to the terms. If they gave you the extra days that is amazing of Disney to do so. But it's not their fault the parks are booked.
Oh matthew ....... im not sure who you are responding to but you quoted my post. I didn't buy tickes, I don't have any covid related questions, and I agreed to no terms .. I am not at all angry at anyone and in fact I have never called since I am not yet an owner. I was simply responding to a post that said they ' understood the complications due to covid" and expounded that I do agree as I do not understand how a year into this a company with the finances and business model of Disney hasn't figured out a way to keep people from being forced to hold on the phone for hours to get a simple question answered. Read closely my friend.

I called the "VIP" Annual Pass number today to settle a question about our APs. They gave me a call back option which I took and I received a call back in 20 minutes. My problem was that the CM I got identified herself as Online Assistance. I quickly understood that she was not informed about APs and wasn't going to think outside the box.
We wasted 5 minutes because she was looking at a screen that had an old address (NJ) and she wouldn't move on until I recited the FULL address including Unit#..That was several years ago and I couldn't remember unit # We live in FL now. Have FL APs and but she focused on this old address, "for my security".So I got a call back, but it was worthless

Many here have posted “reasons” for the backup, but nothing “excuses” the backup.
This is Disney for crying out loud. They built their reputation on customer service.
I’m no longer a member so no dog in this fight.

One question... how long would my hold be if I called CRO for a cash reservation at a non DVC resort...??
I truly do not know that answer.

I’m not angry about the tickets. I’m angry because I can’t get through to someone to talk about it. That is my issue. I understand the ticket deal came out after I purchased. It’s very frustrating not being able to reach someone to TALK to.

Many here have posted “reasons” for the backup, but nothing “excuses” the backup.
This is Disney for crying out loud. They built their reputation on customer service.
I’m no longer a member so no dog in this fight.

One question... how long would my hold be if I called CRO for a cash reservation at a non DVC resort...??
I truly do not know that answer.
Well the fact that DVC had to transfer me to the main ticketing line and I still held for another 2 hrs says they are struggling too.

Ugg. We leave Monday and I ordered 2 weeks ago. Just plain bands but I was getting nervous they were not coming. Didn’t matter for me, but wanted my guest to have hers,

I did get a text they are arriving today but I understand the concern. Let’s hope a miracle happens!

we never got them in time. Lucky we have about 50 extra. I was just disappointed because I chose new colors and designs and had I known it was too late I wouldn’t have.They tell you how many days you have left to choose? According to them I still had 3 days. What is point in that?

Well the fact that DVC had to transfer me to the main ticketing line and I still held for another 2 hrs says they are struggling too.
We never got them in time. Lucky we have about 50 extra. I was just disappointed because I chose new colors and designs and had I known it was too late I wouldn’t have.They tell you how many days you have left to choose? According to them I still had 3 days. What is point in that?

I understand your frustration with holding. Sadly, at least for now, it is what it is...until Disney feels they can safely repopulate the call centers and retrain staff. While I haven't had to call DVC, I was on hold for over an hour each with MDE website issues and ticketing. I've gotten to the point where I just put them on speaker and go about my business until someone answers. And it isn't just Disney, though they do seem to have the longest hold times, every business with large call centers is having some issues.

On the MagicBand delivery...yep, also very frustrating. welcome to the new normal for the post office. I received a text the other day that a small package I had ordered, one that easily would fit in my mail box, had arrived at my local post office on a Wednesday...but the local post office wasn't scheduling it for delivery until Saturday...this is a town of less than 30K people. The Post office's estimated delivery windows, which businesses go by when shipping their products, is worthless. Order things early, no matter which company you order from...weeks before you know you'll need them. Again, sadly, I'm afraid it will be like that for a while. I have a trip coming up in November. Everyone has ordered their magic bands already, except for those of us that have some new ones from a cancelled trip in June.

we never got them in time. Lucky we have about 50 extra. I was just disappointed because I chose new colors and designs and had I known it was too late I wouldn’t have.They tell you how many days you have left to choose? According to them I still had 3 days. What is point in that?

So sorry. Mine came Saturday so we did get just in the Nick of time.

I think this is related to post office delays but still, WDW should adjust timeframe to allow if this could become an issue. When they were free, no biggie. But now with a charge it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter