Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

(PG-13 Warning)

Last thing about 1BD vs Studios…. my wife made it clear that “adult time” would only ever occur on vacation if we have the kids sleeping on the other side of a door with a lock on it….. with a preference for a living room between our room and their room instead of just a wall….

Message received….additional points acquired…..

The current deal for members is depending upon how many points are bought. For 300 pts the discount is $70 per point ($205 - $70 = $135). Then you can give back the 2023 points for $20 per point credit. That brings the per point cost to $115 per point.
Hey Chrionne! If not being too nosey, were the 300 points for one contract or 2, etc.? And what use year?
Total after receipt of $6,000 MB and with closing costs of $1,057 is $35,557.
We have only paid closing costs when purchasing resale a few yrs back for a BWV contract. So paying DVC closing costs is new for us ol timers.:goodvibes Thats what led me to ask the above question on how many different contracts did you buy.

Your 1st post got me intrigued. My DW and I have been tossing the idea back and forth to buy more points as our 2 resorts are winding down to 2042(which I thought was a long ways off back in 01 when we 1st bought in). We had been looking at BLT since it lasts til 2060(I will be 95 then, so DS has agreed to push both he and my DW, his Mom, through the parks, so he better hold up his end of the bargain):rotfl2:
But this deal with OKW sounds more enticing and keeps us bonafide members after 2042, so I reached out to our guide in hopes he will call us Monday to talk about adding on.

I am curious, never stayed in a one-bedroom, only a studio and upcoming stay in a 2-bedroom so we could invite more people.

Sometimes I think about adding on points so I can stay in a one-bedroom. But then I look at the points for a one-bedroom vs. a studio, and I just can't stomach it. It is more than double the points! At least for Riviera... I feel like if I added on, I would end up taking more/longer trips in a studio rather than spending more points for a one-bedroom.

What is it about the one-bedroom that you love and makes it worth that many points? Is it just the laundry? Do you spend a lot of time in the room? Am i just cheap?? (Probably, yes)
Mommy and daddy need privacy…

Hey Chrionne! If not being too nosey, were the 300 points for one contract or 2, etc.? And what use year?

We have only paid closing costs when purchasing resale a few yrs back for a BWV contract. So paying DVC closing costs is new for us ol timers.:goodvibes Thats what led me to ask the above question on how many different contracts did you buy.

Your 1st post got me intrigued. My DW and I have been tossing the idea back and forth to buy more points as our 2 resorts are winding down to 2042(which I thought was a long ways off back in 01 when we 1st bought in). We had been looking at BLT since it lasts til 2060(I will be 95 then, so DS has agreed to push both he and my DW, his Mom, through the parks, so he better hold up his end of the bargain):rotfl2:
But this deal with OKW sounds more enticing and keeps us bonafide members after 2042, so I reached out to our guide in hopes he will call us Monday to talk about adding on.

The 300 were for one contract. You pick your use year.
We already have 270 OKW points with Oct use year so we picked October.

I’m also from the early days. 1993. Points then were $56 per point with dues at about $3 per point.
We got park passes for 6 years. No closing costs and a free ice cream sundae. We’ve stayed in a lot of Disney resorts with those points during the past decades. This contract purchase is for family a lot younger.

Message received….additional points acquired…..
This is great. You you can see why I have so many points :)
Mommy and daddy need privacy…
Doors are the magic of DVC.

For some less PG-13 reasons why we love 1 or 2BR (well and GVs too) vs a studio. It's just so nice to have a spot to park the battle tank and all of it's armament (stroller and all of our junk) in the villa at the end of a busy day or when we are running to the room for a break. In a 1 or even better 2BR there is plenty of room to just throw it in the corner for a few hours. Not as much fun in a studio. Here is a good example -

Living Room Stroller.jpg

Having the bigger room also allows to invite grandma along who goes with us all the time. That allows us to have her watch the kids if they get tired and sneak back into the parks for a few hours for some mom and dad time.

Kind or interested to see how we will love having the 4 of us in a 2BR at BWV. Plenty of space and mom and dad privacy.

Hi Newbie here. Very interested in this deal. What is magical beginnings? Where can I see this deal. Thanks

Hi Newbie here. Very interested in this deal. What is magical beginnings? Where can I see this deal. Thanks
If you have a second half of the year use year (basically June and after), you get 2023’s use year points. You can sell those points back to DVC for $20 a point.

You just ask your guide to do it when you sign up.

If you have a second half of the year use year (basically June and after), you get 2023’s use year points. You can sell those points back to DVC for $20 a point.

You just ask your guide to do it when you sign up.
If you have an earlier use year, you can still do MB with your 2024 points.

Another shout out for the bedded villas.

In room washing machine and dryer makes it really comfortable doing a 14 day trip with just carry on luggage. No waiting at that carousel.

Ability to cook means not having to eat the low quality high price fare in the parks. That's a massive saving for a big family.

Once you've done the first or second intensive WDW trip, you don't need or want to spend the whole day in the parks. You can't beat lounging around in your apartment cooking and waiting for the crowds to reduce and then heading out late afternoon.

Just space - so much space at low prices in OKW.

Your not really living if the dues bill isn’t 5 digits…..

This thread has given me even more appreciation of the madness that is DVC ownership.

This. I just bought 5 new/direct OKW contracts to get 1,100 points total. The dues number is serious.

I been on the DVC fence for about 20 years and the OKW direct incentives going on right now were too much to ignore. The way I see it, our family of 6 needs to be assured we can go regularly (we're local in south Florida) and stay in accommodations that are big enough (2 bedroom villas required). Can only hope 1,100 points will fit those parameters, but I the effective cost per point (after MB at $20 a point and developer incentive at $80 a point) was $105 per point, net. I haven't seen new DVC points sell for that price in a really long time and along with the 2057 extension, I got myself comfortable with signing the deeds.

This. I just bought 5 new/direct OKW contracts to get 1,100 points total. The dues number is serious.

I been on the DVC fence for about 20 years and the OKW direct incentives going on right now were too much to ignore. The way I see it, our family of 6 needs to be assured we can go regularly (we're local in south Florida) and stay in accommodations that are big enough (2 bedroom villas required). Can only hope 1,100 points will fit those parameters, but I the effective cost per point (after MB at $20 a point and developer incentive at $80 a point) was $105 per point, net. I haven't seen new DVC points sell for that price in a really long time and along with the 2057 extension, I got myself comfortable with signing the deeds.
Amazing! In for a penny in for a pound as they say over here in the UK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter