Just back BWV and AKV

skoi

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a week split between BWV and AKV. Both were great, few issues, and a great time.

We checked into BWV on a Sunday, and were in our room by 4-- two bedroom 2003-2005. The view was great, room was great, a few nicks and scratches, but nothing major. There was an unpleasant smell in the master bath shower, but the problem was rectified quickly after we called. We loved walking to the parks, loved seeing the fireworks from the balcony. The kids loved the slide, but preferred the pool at BCV. If they could, they'd move the Keister Coaster to SAB.

We checked into AKV on Friday (savannah view), and our room was ready a little after 3. Let me say, no pictures that I've seen of the resort does it justice. It's far more beautiful than we expected it to be based on what we've seen.

I also had the opportunity to go over to SSR to the spa, and are looking forward to staying there in the future as well.

We continue to be impressed with the resorts, and so far have liked every place we've stayed (just VB and SSR to go). I think part of our good luck is due to the fact we travel off-season so maybe there are fewer issues. We did notice the parks were significantly more crowded than they have been in years.

Next week I am staying at AKL first and then BWV. I love hearing all the great reviews.

Glad your trip was great !

We are checking into BWV - 2 bedroom - boardwalk view
in 2 weeks - can hardly wait

Our first time at the BWV - and we got a boardwalk view to boot !

Sounds like you had a great trip! I am also glad to hear all the great reports from AKV.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I am also glad to hear all the great reports from AKV.

We were all overwhelmed with AKV. If we had the disposable income to buy a new contract there, we would, that's how much we all liked it. I have some pictures, but they're not great. Not to mention ds 9 went nuts taking pictures of animals from the balcony.

Thanks for the report:

One question, can you comment on the distance from your savanna view room to the animals. did it feel like you were to far up or above the animals to get a good view of them?

ADP:

We didn't feel the animals were too far away. We had a nice view, though we were really looking down on them. Ds (9) took some pictures, not sure how much of a zoom he used but we don't have a great camera, so it wasn't much. I'll post a few. Warning: he's not a great photographer.

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

This is a shot practically right below the balcony of the 1 bedroom. The kudus were there all day.

I tried to find one to show the real scale of the distance, but no luck. We were very far from the lobby, near a water hole. There were a good number of animals, and on the other side, there were different varieties. Some of the animals would walk right up to the edge of the area, as close as they could get to the hotel.

The room, public areas, etc were also gorgeous. I think we may finally have a favorite resort, though of course we don't own there.

Thanks for the pictures Skoi. The view looks great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter