Just Back From A ! Week Stay At Ssr

sue

love my DVC
Just returned home from SSR. We took in the space shuttle launch and had lunch with former astronaunts too. Also did Disney parks, went to Cocoa Beach and rented a trailblazer from Alamo. If anyone has any questions for me, I would be happy to help answer them for you. Thanks!

Just returned home from SSR. We took in the space shuttle launch and had lunch with former astronaunts too. Also did Disney parks, went to Cocoa Beach and rented a trailblazer from Alamo. If anyone has any questions for me, I would be happy to help answer them for you. Thanks!

we are leaving in one week for cocoa beach and then disney. did you swim on the beach at cocoa and did you eat anywhere good

we are leaving in one week for cocoa beach and then disney. did you swim on the beach at cocoa and did you eat anywhere good
We have done the Cocoa Beach / Disney combo a couple of times. If you like seafood, I highly suggest the Sunset Cafe (500 W Cocoa Beach Cswy). It was really good & fresh with a great view of the Intercoastal... :-)

Did you know about the shuttle when you booked your trip?
How cool...

Does Alamo deliver the car to SSR? How do you get it..

Did you like SSR.....what section were you in?
Glad you had a great trip:goodvibes
Kerri

We ate at a Pizza Hut in Cocoa and also a McDonalds. Our kids are simple eaters. We ended up getting tickets after we booked our vacation for Kennedy Space Center. The launch was fantastic! We got tickets to dine with former astronaunts. You get to ask them questions etc. We dined with John McBride ( 1st pilot on the Challenger) and also Al Warden ( Apollo 15 command module pilot). One word of advice though.... If you ever go to see a launch. The traffic is HORRIBLE following the launch!!!!!!!!!! It took about 50 minutes to drive to KSC and 4 hours to return to Disney.

We stayed in the Paddocks which is about 3 buildings in on the left when you enter SSR. We had room 4721 a 2 br villa. Very nice! with a view of a courtyard and fountain. Close to the main check in area and it had a quiet pool one building away.

The weather was fantastic about 95 degrees each day. Humidity wasen't too bad either.

The parks were NOT very crowded!!! Easy to move around:)

Cocoa Beach was very warm. We did swim a little. Wear lots of sunscreen. The sun was very intense!!!

Did some gift shopping at a store near Ron Jon's surf shop. Ron Jon's is a great store to buy a variety of fun items.

We rented a Trailblazer from Alamo. DVC made the arrangements for us and you pick up your vehicle at the Orlando airport. Very easy to do and didn't have to wait long at all. The return of the vehicle went very smooth too. DVC gives you a discount on car rentals through Alamo. It is actually a better discount than using our AAA membership!!!
cost of a trailblazer for 1 week was $314.00
Worth every penny!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter