Just back from BCV (6/12)

zulaya

DIS Veteran
We went for a quickie weekend...DH's birthday was June 7 and all he really wanted was a trip to Star Wars Weekends.

We checked in on Friday (6/8), around 1pm-ish. Room was not ready, but appeared to be pre-assigned. We hit the pool because it was HOT! (I'm from MN...anything over 80 is hot to me). About 2-2:30 room was ready. We had a 5th floor room facing the wetlands and BC. Not exactly my favorite view but it was only for the weekend.

Yeah, the 5th floor is not what it's cracked up to be. I hear everyone saying it's the best view...it's quiet because no one is above you...Didn't really think it was that great. I have stayed on the 1st and 3rd floors at BCV and this stay was the noisiest. Maybe I had rowdy neighbors or maybe people thought they were on the top floor and wouldn't bother anyone...I don't know. We had people running through the halls just about every day and the person next to us, I swear, kept opening their connecting door and closing it.

SAB was closed several times for lightning, much to my son's dismay. But hey, you come in the summer, you gotta expect storms.

We hit Star Wars Weekends on Saturday. Wow. Lots busier than I remember last time we were there. Star Tours immediately had a 20 minute posted wait. We didn't do a heckuva lot...say some characters, but didn't wait in line...bought out the store of SW stuff.

DH and kids went back with their FP for RnRC and we bailed. It was getting really hot and humid and I just don't do that well even drinking water non stop.

We did MK on Sunday...had CP for early breakfast...rode BTMRR twice in a row and upon exiting the 2nd time we were all awarded Dream Fastpasses for MK for the day. That was very fun to take our time and know we could use those whenever we wanted.

And by the way, saw Captain Jack Sparrow...CM did a great job...totally in character...my DD got picked to be a pirate apprentice...loved every minute of it!

Oh, I wanted to go see the AKV model and asked the DVC person at the BCV how early the preview center opens. He said that the models were under renovation this weekend and would open up again on Monday (6/11). So we drive over to SSR on Monday before we drive to the airport only to be told that it closed Monday morning and had been open all weekend! Argh!

So if you are going to WDW soon, the AKV model is being renovated and will be open again on Thursday (6/14). They didn't share with me what was new, but said if I watched the DVD that it would look like that. For me...not the same as seeing it in person.

Thanks for the report. We are going to BCV this Friday for the first time. We are BWV owners and usually stay there but wanted to try something different. Our trip sounds a lot like yours, just a quick weekend trip for the Star Wars weekend (first time for SWW too!). If we can fit it in, I would love to see what the AKV rooms look like since we did a small add-on there.

Congratulations on your Fastpasses and I'll be definitely keeping my eyes open for Captain Jack Sparrow!

I'm sorry your stay on the fifth floor was so noisy. I hate it when noise disrupts my sleep/rest. Were you in the main corridor or in one of the little "jogs"? I've had a fifth floor, wetlands view and while it wasn't my favorite, it was pretty quiet (far from the elevators, though, down the "jog"). The noisiest stay I've had was staying in the main corridor on the fourth floor.

I was in 543...it's down the "jog" that juts out towards the wetlands.

It wasn't consistent noise. And it wasn't everyone. But there were a few groups who just could have been a little quieter in the hallways.

Like I said, I just wanted to say that the 5th floor isn't the quiet sea of tranquility that it's sometimes made out to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter