Just back from BLT 2/25-3/4 Housekeeping Horror

I have to wonder exactly what percentage of guests are napping in their rooms midday. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it isn't a high percentage. I've yet to have anyone knock on my door what I had the 'room occupied' signage out. But, I may have just been lucky. The one time I was in my room, without the sign out, the housekeeper knocked lightly on the door. I let him in, he never said a word, and was out of my room in about a minute or two. I can't imagine that this would have disturbed anyone sleeping in my room.
I had an interesting situation last fall. Our room at BWV wasn't ready yet. We went to the grocery store. As I was walking back to my car, I got a phone call from Disney..it was about 2:00. When I answered, I was asked if I was ready for housekeeping yet. Ah, excuse me? Told her I wasn't in my room yet. She said, and I quote "I'm sorry mam, your privacy hanger has been out all day, and we wanted to service the room. So, we're calling you.' I explained to her that I hadn't even gotten into my room yet, I was waiting for the room ready text! She was soooo confused and apologetic! When I got back to the resort, I went to the front desk and told them about the call. I was curious as to why a room that should have been vacated by 11, still hadn't been opened by 2pm! I was told that sometimes people leave the privacy hanger out and forget to take them off when they check out. She apologized, and told me I would get a room ready text when the room was ready. It took until 3:50!!! So, that's an issue as well...people leaving those hangers out and leaving. While at the Polynesian last month, I didn't have a room occupied hanger in my room when I checked in, so I made my own. Two days later housekeeping put one in my room. I hung it out the next morning, it was gone when I returned later in the day. People are stealing them...they are very cute.

I have to wonder if you call housekeeping, and explain that someone is sick, or napping, and give them the time frame they want to be undisturbed, if housekeeping will work with you.

I've read through this entire thread and i Just want to make sure that most of the people in this thread are talking about DVC resorts where they are not receiving daily room make up. If we are staying in a regular hotel room, when housekeeping comes in to make up our room, that counts as our check in for the day, right? In 10 years of going to Disney, we’ve only ever come back to the room once for a mid afternoon break and the room not be made up yet. So for our family, this should be a non-issue, right?

I've read through this entire thread and i Just want to make sure that most of the people in this thread are talking about DVC resorts where they are not receiving daily room make up. If we are staying in a regular hotel room, when housekeeping comes in to make up our room, that counts as our check in for the day, right? In 10 years of going to Disney, we’ve only ever come back to the room once for a mid afternoon break and the room not be made up yet. So for our family, this should be a non-issue, right?
You are right. The daily housekeeping counts as the security check. If the room is made up, you won't get an additional check.

Remember when you could walk into the MK without going through a metal detector and having your bag searched? Remember when you could get on a plane without taking off your shoes and belt? Remember when it didn't matter if you had a bottle of water in your hands as you entered the airport? Same difference. You either adjust to the times or don't go. I'd prefer that Disney set up cameras in the hallways, around the parking lots, etc. But it would be a lot of cameras and somebody would have to watch those cameras all day long. Or start profiling people and stop punishing the innocent people.

You're right as far as saying either adjust or don't go. That's why Universal has gotten my vacation dollars since 2013. Fast Pass + was the deal breaker for me and nothing Disney had done since has made me want to go back. This new policy just reinforces my decision.

Last edited:

You are correct! We were there for a week and housekeeping always came after we had left for the day and when we returned either late afternoon/early evening our room had already been serviced. Our oldest son and his girlfriend were in a different WDW resort and had the exact same experience. We have had absolutely no problems with the new policy. Nothing seemed any different than it has been in the many, many years we have been visiting WDW.

The other group of people who seem to sometimes be affected are those who refuse housekeeping. If you don't refuse housekeeping your stay will be absolutely no different than in the past. Although it is always possible that housekeeping could show up while you are taking an afternoon nap, that has always been the case. There also seem to be a lot of people who keep their sign on the door all night and into the next morning, then come back for an afternoon nap. When you don't give housekeeping a large window of opportunity to clean your room I don't think it is surprising that they are showing up during the afternoon to service the room.

I'm guessing you will have no issues at all!

You are correct! We were there for a week and housekeeping always came after we had left for the day and when we returned either late afternoon/early evening our room had already been serviced. Our oldest son and his girlfriend were in a different WDW resort and had the exact same experience. We have had absolutely no problems with the new policy. Nothing seemed any different than it has been in the many, many years we have been visiting WDW.

The other group of people who seem to sometimes be affected are those who refuse housekeeping. If you don't refuse housekeeping your stay will be absolutely no different than in the past. Although it is always possible that housekeeping could show up while you are taking an afternoon nap, that has always been the case. There also seem to be a lot of people who keep their sign on the door all night and into the next morning, then come back for an afternoon nap. When you don't give housekeeping a large window of opportunity to clean your room I don't think it is surprising that they are showing up during the afternoon to service the room.

I'm guessing you will have no issues at all!

Thanks. It seems like I was reading so many reports of "horror stories" but no reports like yours of "our stay was no different than always" and I was starting to worry.

I've read through the whole thread, but don't want to bog down by quoting so much, so I'll just comment ...

- We were there in January and our day was impacted every single day by this.
- We are booked for three future trips, now offsite, due to this issue.
- That is right, over 130 stays at Disney and they have really crossed the line.
- After 130 stays and in the system, why was I being inspected?
- There is no doubt in my mind by day 2 that WE were being inspected, not our room.
- There is no doubt in my mind you are being inspected, not your "room".
- While it has mostly impacted DVC and those not getting housekeeping there have been many reports by some who returned to their room early, placed their sign out to rest and were interrupted. Who asked for delayed or scheduled housekeeping and had it ignored. Who discussed issues at check-in only to have it a waste of time.
- No room is safe. If you get housekeeping and they feel something ticks a box, they will be back to inspect you.
- There have been reports of folks being barged in on, one woman even woke to a man standing by her bed.
- There is clearly a disconnect with Disney on what is appropriate guest/CM interaction.
- To all those getting answers via the phone when you call them - YOU ARE NOT TALKING TO A WDW ON THE GROUND CM. You are talking to a call center speaking to a CM who might not even be in Florida and who many not even have ever been to WDW.
- To all those calling from your room, you are also calling the call center.
- Why are all these phone calls and emails giving info that is not being adhered to at resorts?
- To all complaining to hotel management in person ... you will be told whatever, given whatever to make you feel better and go away and be quiet.
- To all those who think CM's, particularly housekeepers are checking your rooms for arsenals ........... how are they trained or equipped to do that since any good bad guy hides their stuff.
- To all who have had weird, hostile, uncomfortable convos with front desk etc CMs, why? Why are they uncomfortable when they have LV as an excuse? Why do they get defensive when it should be an easy answer? Why do people act like that? Maybe because they are not being truthful.
- Why is Disney barging in when your sign has been up 1 hour, other hotels have a 24 hour mark to check rooms?
- Why does Disney think there is a "shooter" on the second floor of POP? and all the other places with no views of people?
- Why isn't this only a concern at resorts with view to more people?
- What is so different about Disney vs the other hotels in Orlando that this is such a problem?
- Why is it being reported that Disney was putting this plan together 6 months before the LV thing?
Awhile back I talked on another thread that DS and I were talking about this after our trip, why is this only a Disney thing? and he said some things about what was happening in Orlando and then the dots connected. Orlando is #3 in the US for trafficking and Disney has been the one constant in articles for the last year or more. Everything about these checks points to the CMs looking for items, persons etc that would fit this profile. These would be easy things for a housekeeper or check person to look for. Items, signs of unregistered guests and first an foremost DND signs up during the day. No doubt my room had red flags and no doubt after a morning check (we had not let them past the door on day one) they picked up on it and it's why I was followed and met at my door when I returned for afternoon break.

I have info from an inside source who works across the resort ......... this is the issue .......... but of course no CM can talk about it - imagine the bad press - so they blame the shootings ..... even though if you think about it, makes no sense. If you think about the other issue, makes perfect sense. There is way more to the story, way more why Disney is a ground zero in Orlando and no one in Orlando is going to write about it, talk about it etc because it would be terrible PR.

How do they try to fix this without the horrible disruptions they are doing now? There are ways. Cameras in all hallways and putting money on the folks watching cameras will tell them where they might have issues. This could do way more to solve the issue than what they are doing now. All I can imagine is something happened, some pressure came that they had to be proactive now, but my hope is they find a permanent less invasive way sooner than later.

Everyone who has a bad experience needs to write Disney. Put pressure on them to fix this. Your talks to hotel management or phones calls initiated by you, or contacting your DVC office ................... pointless. They will go no where as it's bad for them to move it forward. It has to get up past all this so corporate knows how you were impacted and what the results are. For me, a regular Disney hotel guest, I will move offsite, and have 3 trips booked offsite. I realize Disney has a problem, but sadly no surprise that they don't have a realistic handle on how to address it.

If your trip was not impacted, that is great, I wish good trips for everyone. If your trip was impacted, contact corporate. They need to feel the pressure to fix this.

Last edited:
I have to wonder exactly what percentage of guests are napping in their rooms midday. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it isn't a high percentage. I've yet to have anyone knock on my door what I had the 'room occupied' signage out. But, I may have just been lucky. The one time I was in my room, without the sign out, the housekeeper knocked lightly on the door. I let him in, he never said a word, and was out of my room in about a minute or two. I can't imagine that this would have disturbed anyone sleeping in my room.
I had an interesting situation last fall. Our room at BWV wasn't ready yet. We went to the grocery store. As I was walking back to my car, I got a phone call from Disney..it was about 2:00. When I answered, I was asked if I was ready for housekeeping yet. Ah, excuse me? Told her I wasn't in my room yet. She said, and I quote "I'm sorry mam, your privacy hanger has been out all day, and we wanted to service the room. So, we're calling you.' I explained to her that I hadn't even gotten into my room yet, I was waiting for the room ready text! She was soooo confused and apologetic! When I got back to the resort, I went to the front desk and told them about the call. I was curious as to why a room that should have been vacated by 11, still hadn't been opened by 2pm! I was told that sometimes people leave the privacy hanger out and forget to take them off when they check out. She apologized, and told me I would get a room ready text when the room was ready. It took until 3:50!!! So, that's an issue as well...people leaving those hangers out and leaving. While at the Polynesian last month, I didn't have a room occupied hanger in my room when I checked in, so I made my own. Two days later housekeeping put one in my room. I hung it out the next morning, it was gone when I returned later in the day. People are stealing them...they are very cute.

I have to wonder if you call housekeeping, and explain that someone is sick, or napping, and give them the time frame they want to be undisturbed, if housekeeping will work with you.

I would think that this would be how they should handle these daily visits. Respecting guests time frames on vacation would be the correct way to enact this new policy. That and simply honoring the Room Occupied signs. If guests know the visits need to take place they can let housekeeping know the best window of time and that should be respected.

I think there are a fair amount of guests who like to enjoy a midday break from the parks, either because they have small children who require naps or they simply like to rest themselves and head back out to the parks later. As our youngest gets older we still often come back to the resort for a midday break especially after we get an early start to our day. Part of the reason we love to stay at Disney resorts is the ability to head back to our resort for a few hours in the afternoon. We also like to plan resort days. When my mother joins us she requires a rest in the afternoon. A light knock on the door would disturb her nap and she would likely not fall back to sleep. My youngest would have woken up if someone knocked and came into the room. The day would not have gone so well after her missed nap;) The OP was trying to take a shower one day while her baby was sleeping and the insistent knocking and her having to shout as they tried to enter woke her child!

I'm so glad to hear you weren't disturbed when your sign was on the door! I'm happy to know guests are having good experiences and I hope this becomes the norm again instead of some of the terrible experiences many guests have had recently. As has been noted by those of us who have called and received varying information: we are told to call housekeeping, ask to speak with managers, speak with the front desk, and put up the Room Occupied sign. Even when this is done it isn't always working. And I happen to think it shouldn't be difficult to get a decent level of privacy while on vacation simply because we don't leave our rooms from 8:30 am until the housekeepers are done for the day. For myself, the way the policy has been carried out for many guests does not make me feel safe. It has the opposite effect and I am concerned for the privacy and safety of my girls. I will not be comfortable with our oldest being in the room alone. And she's 23! The idea of a stranger entering (or attempting to enter) the room while she's napping or showering is completely unacceptable to both her father and I. I don't feel Disney needs to cause guests anxiety when a little more effort and probably more money spent on security measures could ease our concerns and allow guests to enjoy their vacation and resort time.

If the Room Occupied signs are observed and guests can let housekeeping know a window in which to visit then I would personally feel much better. Room Occupied shouldn't mean, "Knock Loudly and then attempt to enter the room." I will not stay alone at a Disney resort with my youngest until the boundaries of this new policy are clear and guests can expect a decent level of privacy. I would be nervous to jump in the shower. And honestly, it's silly that any hotel would expect guests to be comfortable with this.

Other hotels are handling daily visits with complete respect to guests privacy and I'm sure Disney can manage the same.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you have a sign since they still come in. I want privacy, but also felt bad for staff. One lady kept saying sorry can't come back later I have to come it's the policy. She looked just as miserable and upset as I did. So I tried to roll with it. Hoping Disney figures thinks out before our next trip.

This is why they are having issues retaining/hiring housekeepers. The verbal abuse they must take...

That being said, isn't the "easy answer" to this - allow housekeeping? I mean, your room gets checked and cleaned, and nobody else is banging on your door...? Housekeeping is a major bonus for me on vacations, so I don't ever deny it. I know some people don't like it, but it would solve a lot of problems if everyone just had it...

The problem is that we DO allow housekeeping every day. But there are reports of housekeepers banging on your door by 8 am. They are supposedly told NOT to bypass rooms anymore. So, if you're the unlucky ones in a room that the housekeepers get to first in the morning and you want to sleep in (as we do- no more rope dropping for us) you're going to be disturbed. And when you won't let them in at that moment because you want to shower or rest, you're now flagged to security. Makes no sense! Universal respects our privacy! (just returned from a visit there) We're out of town this weekend staying at a Marriott property. I'll be interested to see if their privacy signs have changed. I agree with @HopperFan- get cameras, hire more REAL security personnel to man the cameras, and let housekeepers clean our rooms!

I posted just as you did, @pattyw! And I completely agree!

Housekeeping has been coming to many guests rooms according to their schedule and not the guests. Even when guests are letting housekeeping know they are sleeping in, napping, or resting they are being interrupted. More than one poster has mentioned contacting housekeeping and requesting late morning visits or vice versa and instead housekeeping comes exactly when guests are resting or the room occupied sign is up.

We have always received housekeeping daily and our requests for service times were honored in the past. There seems to be no rules/boundaries regarding guests privacy at the moment. Having housekeeping does not guarantee you will be allowed to rest, shower, or sleep in after fireworks in peace.

And I feel I should add that I do feel bad for the housekeeping staff. They shouldn't be required to do this and I can only imagine that it is just as uncomfortable for them.

I also agree as @hopper mentioned earlier, that better security such as cameras and more security personnel to man the cameras would be a better solution than this!

Last edited:
This worries me just a bit. DD12 and I are doing a mother daughter trip. We rented points at BWV for 7 nights. I was thinking there may be mornings I would run down and grab us food while DD showers or finishes getting ready. I would hate for someone to barge in or knock and demand to be let in while I'm not there. So I may not even leave her alone now. We might do midday naps. This could get ugly. I'm not a particularly overprotective parent but this isn't cool. I know it would freak DD out a bit.

We are doing two nights at POFQ before going to BWV. I'm not too worried about it there since we won't be declining housekeeping.

When I first heard of this happening, and people started suggesting (including the news articles) that it was due to the Las Vegas shooting, something didn't sit right with me. Blaming it on the shooting makes no logical sense for many reasons. I immediately suspected that something else had happened at Disney, some kind of scare or security incident, and now they are running themselves ragged trying to prove that it won't happen again. Now, more than one poster here has suggested the trafficking issue and posted a news article discussing the recent FL law. That makes more sense to me and would explain what is happening here far better. I don't believe this has anything to do with the shooting. I'd never heard of this trafficking problem, but now that I've seen a news article on it, I'd lay my money on that. I think @HopperFan may be right. Disney is not inspecting your room, they are inspecting YOU.

We already know that certain behaviors appear to set off red flags for them:

1) Declining housekeeping
2) Putting up any signs requesting to be left alone
3) Making a verbal request to be left alone
4) Delaying in opening the door when a CM knocks or asking for "just a minute."

I'd be curious if their profiling goes deeper than that. Maybe people can start supplying the make-up of their traveling party when they post their experiences here. Are there any patterns?

The problem with Disney's list of red flags is that that same list also includes all very NORMAL and COMMON requests made by typical guests on vacation. It sounds like Disney is being heavy-handed with this.

I'd be curious if their profiling goes deeper than that. Maybe people can start supplying the make-up of their traveling party when they post their experiences here. Are there any patterns?

The problem with Disney's list of red flags is that that same list also includes all very NORMAL and COMMON requests made by typical guests on vacation. It sounds like Disney is being heavy-handed with this.

Yes I believe there is a list of red flags that would be easy for a housekeeper to pick up on vs looking for weapons. AND note that in my experience and others they go in to the bathrooms, in to the shower space turning on all the lights and looking around. I think they looked there as hard as they did the bedroom area. Maybe that is for someone hiding, maybe that is more direct to specific red flags.

Our visits were all very early in the morning before we had a chance to leave ... except one. We actually left early that day. It was our second day and we had not let the guy in the day before ... he had stepped down. I returned early with DS1 as he was exhausted and no doubt in my mind that my MB alerted them I was back and as I approached our room from elevators a man came out of the stairway at the other end walking towards me. There was a young man cleaning a few doors down and in hindsight he had a curious look watching us. As we got to the door he was standing there, I said that was my door and he started speaking his spiel .... that I couldn't understand a word he said but knew from night before ............. so I said "I am not opening the door, you can." He did and flipped the latch so the door stayed open. I watched him the whole time. He came out and pulled the door shut and disappeared into the stairway. SO the 12 rooms on my wing and the 12 rooms on the other wing I could see ................... he didn't check one. But he just happened to need to check mine at the exact moment I returned and met me at the door. NO DOUBT my MB alerted them and he was inspecting me and ............. he got an eye full.

No doubt that my room WAS inspected in the morning at the same time as all the other days. But we didn't let the guy in the day before ... so he only saw me and DS2 (20's and just got back from running). DS1 was in the bathroom.

Our room was registered with 3 adults with my boys in their 20's and 30's. I am sure they came in that morning and saw ......... a row of matchbox cars, an assortment of children's books, a character doll that wasn't just for collecting but well loved, a buzz throw and Mickey pillow. SO three adults and we have children items. RED FLAG. He came back to look me over and see why we have these items. He saw my DS1 and it's obvious. They did return but I didn't let them in and they didn't push ...... but same thing, early morning disturbance.

They know who is registered, they know what type of items should be in a room and how many people and how old they are. They will look for red flags like children's things when they are not registered ............. women's apparel, toiletries etc if one is not registered. They likely would never register someone in question because that would be hard evidence they were there. Am sure there is a basic list of items that would stand out they can easily note.

Still won't convince me all this effort will give them much more than a huge headache. Put some cameras on the halls and monitor high traffic rooms.

Last edited:
I've read through the whole thread, but don't want to bog down by quoting so much, so I'll just comment ...

- We were there in January and our day was impacted every single day by this.
- We are booked for three future trips, now offsite, due to this issue.
- That is right, over 130 stays at Disney and they have really crossed the line.
- After 130 stays and in the system, why was I being inspected?
- There is no doubt in my mind by day 2 that WE were being inspected, not our room.
- There is no doubt in my mind you are being inspected, not your "room".
- While it has mostly impacted DVC and those not getting housekeeping there have been many reports by some who returned to their room early, placed their sign out to rest and were interrupted. Who asked for delayed or scheduled housekeeping and had it ignored. Who discussed issues at check-in only to have it a waste of time.
- No room is safe. If you get housekeeping and they feel something ticks a box, they will be back to inspect you.
- There have been reports of folks being barged in on, one woman even woke to a man standing by her bed.
- There is clearly a disconnect with Disney on what is appropriate guest/CM interaction.
- To all those getting answers via the phone when you call them - YOU ARE NOT TALKING TO A WDW ON THE GROUND CM. You are talking to a call center speaking to a CM who might not even be in Florida and who many not even have ever been to WDW.
- To all those calling from your room, you are also calling the call center.
- Why are all these phone calls and emails giving info that is not being adhered to at resorts?
- To all complaining to hotel management in person ... you will be told whatever, given whatever to make you feel better and go away and be quiet.
- To all those who think CM's, particularly housekeepers are checking your rooms for arsenals ........... how are they trained or equipped to do that since any good bad guy hides their stuff.
- To all who have had weird, hostile, uncomfortable convos with desk etc CMs, why? Why are they uncomfortable when they have LV as an excuse? Why do they get defensive when it should be an easy answer? Why do people act like that? Maybe because they are not being truthful.
- Why is Disney barging in when your sign has been up 1 hour, other hotels have a 24 hour mark to check rooms?
- Why does Disney think there is a "shooter" on the second floor of POP? and all the other places with no views of people?
- Why isn't this only a concern at resorts with view to more people?
- What is so different about Disney vs the other hotels in Orlando that this is such a problem?
- Why is it being reported that Disney was putting this plan together 6 months before the LV thing?
Awhile back I talked on another thread that DS and I were talking about this after our trip, why is this only a Disney thing? and he said some things about what was happening in Orlando and then the dots connected. Orlando is #3 in the US for trafficking and Disney has been the one constant in articles for the last year or more. Everything about these checks points to the CMs looking for items, persons etc that would fit this profile. These would be easy things for a housekeeper or check person to look for. Items, signs of unregistered guests and first an foremost DND signs up during the day. No doubt my room had red flags and no doubt after a morning check (we had not let them past the door on day one) they picked up on it and it's why I was followed and met at my door when I returned for afternoon break.

I have info from an inside source who works across the resort ......... this is the issue .......... but of course no CM can talk about it - imagine the bad press - so they blame the shootings ..... even though if you think about it, makes no sense. If you think about the other issue, makes perfect sense. There is way more to the story, way more why Disney is a ground zero in Orlando and no one in Orlando is going to write about it, talk about it etc because it would be terrible PR.

How do they try to fix this without the horrible disruptions they are doing now? There are ways. Cameras in all hallways and putting money on the folks watching cameras will tell them where they might have issues. This could do way more to solve the issue than what they are doing now. All I can imagine is something happened, some pressure came that they had to be proactive now, but my hope is they find a permanent less invasive way sooner than later.

Everyone who has a bad experience needs to write Disney. Put pressure on them to fix this. Your talks to hotel management or phones calls initiated by you, or contacting your DVC office ................... pointless. They will go no where as it's bad for them to move it forward. It has to get up past all this so corporate knows how you were impacted and what the results are. For me, a regular Disney hotel guest, I will move offsite, and have 3 trips booked offsite. I realize Disney has a problem, but sadly no surprise that they don't have a realistic handle on how to address it.

If your trip was not impacted, that is great, I wish good trips for everyone. If your trip was impacted, contact corporate. They need to feel the pressure to fix this.

Very well thought out thoughts, Hopper, thank you!
I read somewhere that Florida now has a law that allows family members of the kids who were involved in trafficking to sue the HOtel!!!! This might be one reason for WDW doing this irritating checking. They don't want to get sued by the family of a kid involved in this. That makes sense to me. I'm not sure this is valid, so if someone knows the law for Florida can chime in, please do.

We are currently rethinking Disney altogether, which makes me sad. If you think it is over crowded now, just wait til SWL and TSML open.

I also think that Disney could do what other resorts and hotels do, that is if a DND sign is up for more than 24 hours, give the room a call and go check on it. That makes sense to me.

I am with you on thinking something has happened, and maybe they got sued big time. Don't know for sure, but it sure was rolled out without much planning, it seems.

Yes I believe there is a list of red flags that would be easy for a housekeeper to pick up on vs looking for weapons. AND note that in my experience and others they go in to the bathrooms, in to the shower space turning on all the lights and looking around. I think they looked there as hard as they did the bedroom area. Maybe that is for someone hiding, maybe that is more direct to specific red flags.

Our visits were all very early in the morning before we had a chance to leave ... except one. We actually left early that day. It was our second day and we had not let the guy in the day before ... he had stepped down. I returned early with DS1 as he was exhausted and no doubt in my mind that my MB alerted them I was back and as I approached our room from elevators a man came out of the stairway at the other end walking towards me. There was a young man cleaning a few doors down and in hindsight he had a curious look watching us. As we got to the door he was standing there, I said that was my door and he started speaking his spiel .... that I couldn't understand a word he said but knew from night before ............. so I said "I am not opening the door, you can." He did and flipped the latch so the door stayed open. I watched him the whole time. He came out and pulled the door shut and disappeared into the stairway. SO the 12 rooms on my wing and the 12 rooms on the other wing I could see ................... he didn't check one. But he just happened to need to check mine at the exact moment I returned and met me at the door. NO DOUBT my MB alerted them and he was inspecting me and ............. he got an eye full.

No doubt that my room WAS inspected in the morning at the same time as all the other days. But we didn't let the guy in the day before ... so he only saw me and DS2 (20's and just got back from running). DS1 was in the bathroom.

Our room was registered with 3 adults with my boys in their 20's and 30's. I am sure they came in that morning and saw ......... a row of matchbox cars, an assortment of children's books, a character doll that wasn't just for collecting but well loved, a buzz throw and Mickey pillow. SO three adults and we have children items. RED FLAG. He came back to look me over and see why we have these items. He saw my DS1 and it's obvious. They did return but I didn't let them in and they didn't push ...... but same thing, early morning disturbance.

They know who is registered, they know what type of items should be in a room and how many people and how old they are. They will look for red flags like children's things when they are not registered ............. women's apparel, toiletries etc if one is not registered. They likely would never register someone in question because that would be hard evidence they were there. Am sure there is a basic list of items that would stand out they can easily note.

Still won't convince me all this effort will give them much more than a huge headache. Put some cameras on the halls and monitor high traffic rooms.

How would this help? IIRC with regards to human trafficking, the rooms are used to move the victims around...being held while waiting for transport, not necessarily for prostitution. So there wouldn't be higher traffic to certain rooms. But I do think there should be cameras in the hallways regardless (if there aren't already).

If human trafficking is the reason for all of this and it wouldn't surprise me if it was. I'm a little more concerned now for the housekeepers. Disney is now putting them in uncomfortable and potentially very dangerous situations. Which really makes me think the idea of cameras and more security staff is the better route to go.

Okay DH and I just returned from the BWV Mar 7-12th...our third time at WDW and BW in a year....
I was dreading this protocol that is now taking place....i called housekeeping and ask if they could come after 11am..each day cause we were going to the parks about 10 am...and they agreed....so we never saw any inspector or whatever you want to call these people....I did see a man and a woman in dress causual clothes with badges going into rooms at times we were going down halls...

The biggest problem i see is besides a complete invasion of privacy....i had to put all valuables in the safe and put the compute in a locked suitcase...
My son his wife and adult sons were in another section of BW...he said they would knock and they would let them in for trash(lol) pick up...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter