Just Back from Bonnet Creek & Hilton Grand Vacations, SeaWorld

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
Just returned from 21 nights in Disney with DH and DS(8). Spent first night at All Star Sports so we could take advantage of Disney Express. Room was $59 so not much more expensive than a taxi. Room was very nice and had no complaints for the price. Then moved onto Bonnet Creek. Had booked through an owner for the first time so was a little apprenhensive but everything worked out perfectly. Spent 11 nights there. Had a room in the main building. Had called a couple of days before to request this and so glad we did as it felt like we were still staying in a hotel. The room was just fantastic. It was bigger than my house, literally. Our room looked out onto the main pool and lazy river. We did not hear any noise from any other guests the whole time we were there. The staff were very friendly and thankfully, we were not contacted about timeshares but saw lots of people there who were being shown around. We did not use the shuttle buses but I can honestly say that nearly every time we went to our car there seemed to be a shuttle leaving or arriving so I am guessing the service was pretty good. We stayed there at the beginning of our holiday so we were really in park mode so didn't use facilities as much as we would have like. Saying that we swam most nights after the parks, water was warm enough and jacuzzis were lovely. We loke to stay at different properties but for the first time I wished I had just booked this resort for our whole stay. The location was excellent, far better than some Disney hotels. Took less than 5 minutes to MGM and only a little longer to Epcot & MK. I would highly recommend and will definitely return.
We then moved onto Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld. We also loved it here. Only had a 1 bed this time so not as much space. Room was lovely and the pool area was just great. One of the nicest I have been to. Had a very nice restuarant there. Location not as great for Disney but walking distance to Sea World. We loved the cinema which you can hire for $20. Would return here aswell.
I could say so much more about both hotels so please feel free toask any questions.

Thanks for the review. It really helps all of us knowing what's out there. (good and bad) ;) I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip.

I am glad you enjoyed HGV, we are staying there in May. We have a 2 brdm suite, friends TS. Restaurant was the pool bar right? Is there ok seating there?
If you dont mind, how long from there to DIsney parks?
How close is nearest grocery, walmart or even CVS type store? We will need quick breakfast foods, coffee as well as bottled water and diapers.

I am glad you enjoyed HGV, we are staying there in May. We have a 2 brdm suite, friends TS. Restaurant was the pool bar right? Is there ok seating there?
If you dont mind, how long from there to DIsney parks?
How close is nearest grocery, walmart or even CVS type store? We will need quick breakfast foods, coffee as well as bottled water and diapers.

The restaurant was the one next to the pool but lots of seating and I would consider more than a pool bar. Very good menu with lots of choice and very reasonably priced. Also very relaxed atmoshere. We loved it because my 8 year old son could stay in the pool and we could keep an eye on him as long as he stayed by the edge.
Probably about 20 minutes to Disney Parks. We used the route where you go down Palm Parkway.
About 20 minutes from Walmart on the 535 but we discovered Target on the I92 and thought it far superior and only an extra 5 minutes. Just go all the way down 535 and turn left when you have to. Then just a little way down on the left. For both we used just got to the 535 via International Drive and you do pass a Walgreens and 7/11 if you go this way. We stocked up on Breakfast items and snacks which does save time. One thing I would have like would there to have been buffet breakfast available at hotel as nice sometimes if you are not going to parks just to have a relaxing breakfast.
Anyway, sure you will have a great time, Will be good in a 2 bed as loads of room. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

thank you so much for the info. I am so happy to read how nice it was at the restaurant. I will look at Target too, great!

We are considering staying here when we go in November. What size did you stay in? Were there any places to eat on site?

We stayed in a 2 bed deluxe and it was huge. There wer eonly 3 of us but would have been ok for a few more.
There was a deli and a pizza place. Wouldn't call either of them proper restaurants but you could sit at the bar for pizza or outside by the pool. I was surprised that there wasn't a proper restaurant but I would guess that they will build one when all the work has been completed.
I highky recommend Bonnet Creek, we loved it.

We own a 2 bedroom timeshare so we are going to trade for this resort so we are hoping that it would at least sleep 6. Thank you for posting this, I am glad to hear some positive about this resort.

We're booked for a 2 week stay at HGV, did you notice the shuttles there?

Thanks

I didn't use the shuttles but I am pretty sure that the only free one was to Sea World. Saying that, I would have just walked. I think you had to pay for the ones to Universal and I don't think there were any to Disney. I would say you would be better off with a car.

We will be staying for the first time in a 1 bedroom at the HGVC Seaworld. Would you have a recomendation on the best buildings to stay in? Which one did you stay in and was it a good one? I heard some of the buildings are nicer than others? If you hvae any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Barbara

We will be staying for the first time in a 1 bedroom at the HGVC Seaworld. Would you have a recomendation on the best buildings to stay in? Which one did you stay in and was it a good one? I heard some of the buildings are nicer than others? If you hvae any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Barbara

We stayey in Paget which is the second furthest away. When we got there we were given 2 choices. A room right by the big pool or a refurbished room in Paget. we originally chose the room near the big pool but we thought it was pretty horrible. The sofa bed was awful and the room, athough clean looked very warn. We went back and they gave us the other toom which looked as though it had just been completely refurbished and was lovely. We never found the distance an issue, its literally a 5 minute walk. Plus there is another pool right behind the buidling. Also, when you walk to main reception, there always seem to be staff driving around in those golf carts and they always offered you a lift. One thing I would say though is to ask for a room away from the air conditioning units. There seems to be a balcony on each floor that has all the air conditioning units on it. The noise was very loud and we had to sleep with ear plugs the whole time. Saying that, we were so exhausted it didn't cause too much of a problem.
Hope this helps. Happy to answer nay other questions. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter