Just back from CBR/WL

PoohBear68

Earning My Ears
Well, sad to say we had to come back to gloomy Indiana. We have been back a week now.. I'm a little late posting. We had planned on staying at CBR but from the moment we arrived it just didn't "feel" right.. to me anyway. My DH liked it much more than I did.

We previously stayed at the All Stars and PO (which I really liked) and decided to try CBR this trip. I didn't like the food court very much.. it was a bit small and I didn't care for the way it was set up. The tables were not cleaned very often nor was the soda machine.

We stayed at CBR two nights, and left on the third for WL. This was not our original plan, but dealing with all the birds at the pool made the decision an easy one. They really need to do something about them!

WL was WONDERFUL!!!! I LOVED IT and so did DH!!! I have to say because of our stay at WL this has been the BEST trip we have ever had! The room was clean (Room 4044). Even though we had a not-so-good view (because of the last minute switch) the resort really lived up to our expectations! I was even able to get the AP discount that I had at CBR for WL.

We are planning another trip in June and provided our finances can support it , I am going to try for WL again.. or at least PO.

Oh yea.. there was barely any wait for rides at MGM, Epcot, and AK, can't say the same for MK.. we only did two rides and the parade there.

Christina

Hi Christina!

Glad to hear you had a great time at WL! What a wonderful resort! Thanks for sharing your experiences with CBR and WL.

--Maren

Thanks for sharing Christina! Was it easy to change your reservation at CBR and make a new one at WL? Did they charge you a penalty?

It was very easy to switch. The front deskcould not take care of the switch though, I had to call CRO.

Christina

What problems did you have with birds at CBR? What else didn't you like? I am staying at CBR 5/2 - 5/6 but was thinking of switching to AKL or WL. We have stayed at POR and DL in the past an like both (POR a little better).

-jjct

If you sit outside there are lots of birds at CBR. Don't make the mistake of trying to feed one because more birds will appear out of nowhere.

You just have to be careful but I have found that same problem in the parks.

Originally posted by jjct1
What problems did you have with birds at CBR? What else didn't you like? I am staying at CBR 5/2 - 5/6 but was thinking of switching to AKL or WL. We have stayed at POR and DL in the past an like both (POR a little better).

-jjct

We stay at CBR quite often but I will agree about the eating area. I don't like it at all! I wrote a review of it back in Jan. 03 and I mentioned how horrible the floor was :( Ick.

The birds will always be there.. but be assured, they are not only at CBR. The BC has them all over.. and mallards even swim in the pool. They are all over Disney. We don't mind them. After all, they are related to Donald ;)

Hi, just was wondering what you didn't like about the food court. what was it with the set up that you didn't like? How is the actual food and the food choices?

We're debating between CBR and CSR right now so all info we get would really help! Thanks a bunch!:p

Krispe

Compared to what the food court used to be the newly refurbished food court at CBR is much nicer. It doesn't seem to have as much seating but I could be mistaken. The beverage bar and the counter with the microwave does take up a lot of room.

It is much nicer now with one central pay area. We were there when there were cheerleaders and the food court was crowded but we didn't spend long in the line.

If you are comparing it to CSR, I think the system at CBR is much better. You don't have to be seated, you don't pay the 10% charge to have someone bring you a drink and then never checks back. You also don't have to explain and wait to get a tag to refill your mugs.

The grab and go market area at CBR is very nice also if you want a simple breakfast. You can also pay at that area.

I am sure you will hear other tell you that they like the Pepper Market at CSR, but we won't be going back until they change the food court at CSR.

The food selection is the same it has been for many years. The selection is Ok especially for a food court. If I want anything fancier I will eat in the parks.

I have pictures of the food court on my photo page.
http://photo.epson.com/

Then under visit an album type in
computercreations@prodigy.net

You will see a folder with pictures of the newly refurbished food court at CBR.

We stayed in Jamaica at CBR a few months ago. Our room was a few steps away from the beach and I really looked forward to just relaxing there. Every chair was covered with bird poop!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter