Just back from Disneyland June 11-15

Disneyglobegirl

DIS Veteran
We had a wonderful time!! We booked a package through AAA and stayed at the Grand Californian - I had booked a standard room and requested bunks. We checked in at 2:30 and our room was ready at 3:30. To my surprise we were upgraded to a pool view that had a partial park view - it was really nice :sunny: The kids loved the bunkbeds too :teeth: We loved The Grand Californian but the kids really want to try the Disneyland Hotel in the future so next time ;) it will be the Disneyland Hotel for us.

We really enjoyed our first visit to Disneyland - and we will definately go back sometime in the future. We did early entry everyday - They even offered a extra early entry on Wed - It was crowded while we were there but we got lots done by doing early entry. The kids loved Disneylands Space Mountain!! We were bummed that Pirates was closed though we knew that before going ,we ran into many people that did not know that Pirates was going to be closed - I thought everyone planned their trips on the Dis boards - LOL

We loved Aladdin!!! I highly recommend fitting that show into your schedule!!I think that was my favorite of everything! DD loved the Parade of Dreams - she loves Tink!! Unfortuately we missed the fireworks and Fantasmic - we were just so tired from getting up early everyday and doing EE - so for our next trip I will definately book the Dessert seating for Fantasmic and we will make sure to catch the Fireworks - :sunny:

We had a character meals at Goofy's Kitchen, Ariel's Grotto and Storytellers. All were really good - I think Ariels was our favorite! We also ate at ESPN, Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen and Uva Bar and Cafe. All were good. Again we really wanted to try Blue Bayou but it wasn't open :guilty: So I guess that means we need to plan another trip :teeth:

Any guestions? I will try my best to answer! :sunny:

Thanks sooo much for the great trip report! We're visiting DL and GCH for the 1st time in July and can't wait! How did the kids like the Uva Bar and Cafe?...and how deep is the low end of the pool(By the mini slide)?

AspiringCindy said:
Thanks sooo much for the great trip report! We're visiting DL and GCH for the 1st time in July and can't wait! How did the kids like the Uva Bar and Cafe?...and how deep is the low end of the pool(By the mini slide)?

You will have fun! Try to do EE as much as you can to get in all the Fantasyland rides! The kids liked Uva - they offer typical kids meals, mine had chicken fingers and fries and the cheeseburger and fries. They liked sitting outside and seeing all the people walk by. I'm sorry I didn't see how deep the pool was by the small slide but I did see lots of the smaller kids in the yellow life vests. All in all the pool wasn't very deep or as big as I thought it was going to be but the kids had a good time and enjoyed the big slide.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter