Just back from HRH!!!

ShannonP

Mouseketeer
We just got back last night from our 4 night stay at the HRH. We stayed club level and absolutely loved it!!

We had requested a room with 2 queens and a roll away for DD's boyfriend. When we checked in around 1:00 p.m. on Saturday I was told that the room wouldn't be ready until around 4:00. I asked about any upgrades and was told that the hotel was sold out, so that wasn't possible. No problem, we headed over to Universal.

We came back around 4:00 and made it up to our room, 7019. Wow!! We WERE upgraded to a deluxe. Even with the sofa bed unfolded, we had plenty of room and never felt cramped. The room was clean and beautiful and I can't think of one negative thing to say about it. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the club amenities. I could soooo get used to having someone hand me a glass of wine, etc. every afternoon.:smooth:

I'd be happy to answer any questions...fire away!!

So glad you had a great time. We are off to the HRH tomorrow. We have never received an upgrade at any of the Universal hotels :( Would you say the hotel was full? How were the crowds at the parks? So, glad you were able to get a deluxe, that must have been so nice with 5 people.

Just curious .... When I called and tried to reserve a Deluxe on Club level I was told there were NO deluxe on club. Not that they were all reserved, that NONE existed? Guess I should call back???

TIA

hi
glad you had a great time

what type of choices did they have for drinks and food at the club level?

i hope you have some pics you can share:p

lisa:wave:

Let me try to answer your questions:

TigerLilly's Mom, they tell me the hotel was full and I did see a lot of people there (some sort of convention I believe), but it was "overcrowded" and you didn't feel that there were a lot of people around. Does that make sense? We found the park to be fairly croweded Sat/Sun, with thinning crowds Mon/Tues. With FOTL, though, it was never a problem. Hope you get your upgrade this time. We were absolutely shocked!

goldcupmom, I peeked into some of the other rooms while housekeeping was working and noticed that the regular rooms were your normal square rooms with 2 queens and I think a table/chairs. Our room was not square and kind of jutted off at an angle, giving us considerably more room. We had the 2 queens, sofa bed, table with 2 chairs, another bedside chair, ottoman and regular sized dresser. When we checked out, I asked the girl what type of room it was and she told me a deluxe. I'd check back if I were you. As I stated earlier, we were in room 7019, so you can ask them what type of room that is considered to be.

bratray, on club level they always had bottled water, coke, diet coke, sprite, (maybe another soft drink??) tea, lemonade, skim milk, whole milk, coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate available. At 5:00 p.m., they also offer wine and beer. :bounce: For breakfast, they had fruit, a wide selection of donuts and muffins, bagels and bread for toasting. At the 5:00 p.m. outing, they offered chicken, cheeses, fruit and I don't remember what else as we weren't there very often for that...I mostly stopped in for the wine and a little cheese. In the evening, they always offer cookies (oreos/chips ahoy). One night they had a more "gourmet" cookie selection, one night brownies/blondies, one night ice cream. We really had no complaints with the club level offerings. I had read such horror stories that I was pleasantly surprised!

Glad you had a great time. Looks like we are going to try out HRH after our Disney cruise. We are getting a deluxe room and would also love to see any photos of the room that you might have.. :)

Can't wait to try it out. :Pinkbounc

My daughter, who posts on this board under the name silverspark, took pictures and is planning on posting some - she's way better at that than I am! Look for that in the next few days.

I tried to get a deluxe on club level and was also told that there were no deluxes on that floor. I'm going to try calling again.

So glad you had a great time. I read your daughter's trip report. Can't wait to see the pics.

Shannon - Do you remember what the total drive time was from New Orleans to Orlando? It takes us 6 hours to get to New Orleans. I'm thinking it's about 10 more hours to Orlando. Is that about right? What kind of vehicle were yall in? We are going to have 5 in a Montero, and I'm not looking forward to that part of the trip.

Thanks!

You're right, it's about 10 hours or so, depending on stops. We were in a GMC Yukon. DD13 had the 3rd row seat to herself, DD17 (silverspark) and her boyfriend had the middle and DH and I in the front.

It's a long, cramped drive no matter how you slice it...but at least it's for a good cause!!!

Originally posted by No11's Mom
I tried to get a deluxe on club level and was also told that there were no deluxes on that floor. I'm going to try calling again.

So glad you had a great time. I read your daughter's trip report. Can't wait to see the pics.

I called again and was again told no deluxe rooms. Gave them the room number and finally was told they do have them, but in the system they use to reserve(loews, UO , and front desk) they can only pull up Club(2 beds or King) or Deluxe. Said I could ask at check in about paying extra to use the amenities of club level and keep my deluxe room.

Goldcupmom -

It would be funny if we showed up at the same time asking for the same room. We'd have to flip a coin or something.

What a goofy booking system...

By the way, it looked like there were several rooms like ours (maybe even some larger ones) down the hall from ours. Maybe you won't need to flip a coin after all!!

its so good to know that someone else is from Spring,Tx too :)

I live in Windrose on Kuykendahl.:teeth:

we are also looking to add 2 nights on June 9 and 10 at Hard Rock but are debating whether we want to try RPH. Kids are 6 and 12.

Hey Neighbor!:wave:

I live in North Hills Estates, right next to Spring High. My son plays golf at Windrose sometimes.

I've never stayed at RPR, but my sister was there last year and she has a 8 yr old and they loved it. They had booked that great Entertainment rate of $125 for a pool view, but the hotel had a big convention in, and they upgraded my sister to club level for the entire week...so they really did like that.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at either place.:D

The deluxe rooms are located where the hotel makes a bend. There are two deluxes on each side of the bend on both sides of the hall, so there definitely are as many deluxe rooms on the club floor as on any other floor.

Originally posted by No11's Mom
Shannon - Do you remember what the total drive time was from New Orleans to Orlando? It takes us 6 hours to get to New Orleans. I'm thinking it's about 10 more hours to Orlando. Is that about right?

No11's Mom,

When you get to Baton Rouge don't take IH-10 to New Orleans. Take IH-12. It will bypass New Orleans and connect back up with IH-10. This can save you A BUNCH of time, especially if you are going to be hitting rush-hour. Unless, of course, you are planning to stay in New Orleans! :)

ShannonP,
Glad to hear everything worked out as far as the "room" for 5 people. I know you had been concerned about that before you went. That's wonderful that you got the deluxe!! I've stayed club level there three times and didn't know they had deluxes on that floor. Once we had a regular room and the other two times we had a king suite. I can't wait to read your daughter's trip report. Glad everything worked out so well:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter