Just back from Kidani! Didn't want to leave....

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Dates: 10/14-17
Party: Just me!
Place: Kidani 1 bedroom standard view

This was more or less last minute. I got the bug to be there once Fall settled in here in NY. I tried to get a studio or one bedroom anywhere on property about a month before my dates. Nothing was coming up, but I just kept at it a few times a day. Finally about a week later this room opened up and I grabbed it. AKV is one of our home resorts and I couldn't wait to get there. My kids are grown with their own schedules and DH doesn't get near as much time off as I do, so I decided on going alone.

I checked in around 12:30 pm and the room was ready! I was thrilled about that. I did request ( like everyone else) close to lobby, but my room was half way down in room 7429, 4th floor. I knew it was a standard view, but considering that, it wasn't that bad at all, very nice sunset view. Room was immaculate and all was in good working order. I love being here! I did have the magic band and FP+ a few rides in the parks.

Day one: Monday October 14th:
Slept for awhile and then lunch at Sanaa. Short ribs and salads. Yum. Animals all over the savannah, so after lunch I went out to the viewing area and took some pictures.
I relaxed all day at the resort and enjoyed every minute! Took a nice jacuzzi bath (after running a little bleach thru it like always) and then dressed and headed over to Kidani to shop a bit. Headed home and had an ice cream Mickey bar. Watched some tv and went to sleep early. All in all a good relaxing day.

Day two: Tuesday October 15th:
Up early. Laid around and had coffee and cookies in bed. Jacuzzi bath. ;) Took time leaving room. Went to MK. Saw the new hall of fairy tale princesses. I told the CM I just wanted to see it, not there for pics with the princesses and this was one of my FP's. It's a shorter/smaller area than I thought it would be but definitely personalized as there are two princesses devoting full attention to each child in a beautiful setting. Also went into hall of presidents, pirates, and ate a dole whip for a snack! Had a late tea lunch at garden view tea room at GF. Took a nice walk around new GF Villas and path to Poly. Browsed the shops, took monorail back to MK and rode space mountain. Home early, showered and went to Sanaa lounge for wine and cheese platter. Yum. Then to bed! I'll post pics after I upload them. MK was extremely crowded, way more than I expected.

Day three: Wednesday October 16th,
Slept late, went over to fitness center at AKL for a wonderful massage and laid by pool. Had a BBQ chicken flatbread at Mara, ate at an outside table on a lovely day! Headed back to room to change and then over to DHS for my FP+ for RNR and TOT. Went thru One Mans Dream (missed my Beauty and the Beast FP because I was enjoying my meet with a fellow Diser, which was a-okay by me!), then browsed every shop there! That took me until my early dinner reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby (4:30 - by which time I was very hungry!) I had the Duck and OMG it was amazing! I paired it with a glass of the suggested Sauvignon Blanc, which was delicious and crisp as well. From there I headed back to Magic kingdom just to buy a.......tiara!!! Saw it, wanted it and passed it by! So I went back and bought it. I was going to stay for parade and fireworks but the crowd just kept getting bigger and bigger and it was hot, so I headed back to my resort and relaxed the rest of the night.

Day four: Thursday, October 17,

Today was departure day. I packed up and took my one carry on over to bell services and checked it before heading over to AKL Boma for a lovely breakfast with Simba'smom, a fellow Diser. Really enjoyed the company :) the atmosphere and the food! A great way to end a short but wonderful solo trip! I got back to Kidani just after noon and read for awhile as I waited for ME. My only complaint this entire trip is getting to the airport so darn early with over an hour to spare, but I guess better early than late!

Next trip in a few weeks at BWV. Man do I love the Fall!!!! :)

Post pics soon....

I know what you mean! We are here now, checking out tomorrow and "I has a sad".

We are also on the fourth floor in a one bedroom on the Pembe savanna - its me, DS and DH. DD is a senior in high school and could not come :sad:

I am thrilled to have frequent sitings of my beloved Red River Hogs - the entire sounder of them - 3 adults and 3 babies. Found out that the Okapi we can see is named "Zelda"

If it were not for the hideous block of flats we can see off in the distance I could be convinced that I was in Africa.

What's really odd is that no matter what time of day I'm out on the balcony, I never see or hear anyone else!

This trip sounds amazing! So relaxing. I'm really thinking I need to plan a trip just for myself now. Hmmm...how to convince DH?

Does anyone have any recommendations on room service breakfast at AKL KV? The wife and I will be there for 2 nights next week and can't wait! Also, are there any DVC mingles there in the evenings? We'll be going to the one at Atlantic Dance Hall @ 2pm on Wednesday, just wanting to meet more members and talk Mickey with them :)

Sounds like a perfect get away! I shall copy your plan in January, albeit in a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter