• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just back from royal pacific

hannymom

Mouseketeer
this was our first universal trip so i can't compare the resort to hrh or p.
the resort itself is very pretty. we walked every time to the parks because the boat seemed very slow. we beat it every time.
the pool is huge, no slide for all who have asked. even when i called the day before we left the girl still said there was a slide. you are allowed to pool hop but we never did.
pizza in room service is an individual 8 inch for $10. we would have needed four so we didn't get them and just ordered papa johns. we had to go to the lobby to pick it up because they don't let them deliver to the room.
the staff is very friendly.
my daughter got free pop the whole time we were there with her good reportcard wristband.
it took us 4 calls and over night to get extra pillows.
requested turndown service but never got it.
we had a standard room but on checkin i asked if upgrades were available. she said for $35 for the first night we could upgrade to pool view. i'm glad we did because we watched the hulk roller coaster every morning. when i got my bill, the $35 wasn't on there.
i missed not having a balcony.
the workout room is nice and free to loews card holders. otherwise it is 8 dollars a day.
i would never go to universal unless i stayed on property. the front of the line express is the greatest perk you could ask for.
my son felt guilty at first walking ahead of the crowds, then we went to disney for a day and he realized how great it is to just show your room key and not wait. the longest we waited was 10 minutes on spiderman.
it is hard to judge the crowds because it rained so much. it didn't seem crowded to me but we were crazy enough to stay at the parks with ponchos. who cares how wet you get on water rides???
royal pacific has three buildings, all connected to the lobby. we were in tower 3, overlooking the pool and park. nice room, 3524.
i have to go back to work today but if anyone has a question, i'll check back tonight.

Thanks for all the information! :) Overall would you say you enjoyed staying at the Royal Pacific?

When I visited, I thought it was a pretty place, but it also felt "cold" to me somehow.

Too bad about the rain. Looks like this week it should be drying out a bit (we'll be getting back to our regularly scheduled afternoon thunderstorms instead of 24/7 rain!) ;)

Hi hannymom - did you happen to notice where the 3 cabanas were in relation to the zero-entry part of the pool? Thanks!

i didn't pay that much attention, all i can say for sure is that it was not in our bldg. (#3)
to answer tigh, i enjoyed the stay but probably wouldn't stay there again. i would try for one of the other two.

The three tiny cabanas are right near the pool, one is smack next to the hot tub, close to the Bual bar. It's a very crowded & noisy area. The cabanas at PBH are much nicer & quieter.

The three tiny cabanas are right near the pool, one is smack next to the hot tub, close to the Bual bar. It's a very crowded & noisy area. The cabanas at PBH are much nicer & quieter.

Im planning to go the the RPH in July and I have a few questions. Say if you lost your room key card, would they give you an extra one? Becuase I have lost mine before at WDW.

Originally posted by OrlandoDisney
Im planning to go the the RPH in July and I have a few questions. Say if you lost your room key card, would they give you an extra one? Becuase I have lost mine before at WDW.

Probably not a good idea to lose a room key since you can easily charge to thr room on them!

Hi Hannymom, Just a question on the "GRADE A" kids promotion. Do they get any other perks, and is it soda all day from any RP restaurant/bar, and do adults need to make a purchase or us to order food for kids to receive the free soda?

capt bligh,
kelly wore a wristband that entitled her to the free drinks.
she always went to the lounge on the lobby level or by the pool.
i would imagine it would work in the restaurants too.
the bartenders were really nice to her, knew what she wanted, put a cherry and an umbrella in her sprite, asked her what she did that day, etc....she also got a free breakfast buffet coupon.
she got a small photo album when they gave her the wristband.
also, don and i got free coffee in the morning because of her wristband! didn't know that the first morning and it was $5 for our two coffees. with no balconies, we always went down to the lounge for our morning coffee.

It's so great to see kids rewarded for their report cards, and so well! Sounds like they really do a great job. I need to ask though - how good a report card do kids need? Must it be straight A's, or a certain average, or what?

Thanks for all the great info hannymom.

they never really said what qualified for 'a good report card'
i did hear that it was up to age 12. kelly is in the 5th grade and had all A's and B's. definitely not straight A's!
they did make a copy of her report card though.

Oh no! My son is 13. I did get a postcard about the good grades rewards and didn't see an age limit on it. Nothing about what grades were needed, either. He's getting some A's, some B's, maybe a C. Hope that wouldn't negate the A's, but if he's too old it won't matter anyway. Thanks, I might call and ask.

i really don't think they will ask for proof of age.
besides, the girl at the desk didn't know anything about it and had to read out of a manual what the kids got. no one knew where the wrist bands were, it was still so unorganized that i seriously doubt if they will ask how old your son is.

Thanks yet again for your thoughts and info hannymom. It really would be a great reward for him, sounds like your daughter had a fun time with it. Can't really be an incentive for my son, since school's out, but I'd like to reinforce the idea that good grades lead to other things (like free soda! :p )

Plus, since I haven't heard anything about it, I'm assuming that the Universal Hotels have no refillable mug program. This could more than make up for that!

Universal do have a refillable cup program in the parks similar to WDW. I think it extends to the resorts too. Also, I think the use of cup is not limited to a specific timeframe like WDW. Barry or Robinrs would most likely need to clarify this info. I would hate to pass out erroneous info.:D

My son will be reusing his Marvel Hero cup for 1.79 per refill.

Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing something about refillable cups when we visited last time (it's been 4 years :( ). But at $1.79 each refill, it hardly seems like a great deal. It's nice to be able to send my son for coffee and/or soda without having to send money, too.

I guess I need to start a new thread to find out about the current state of refillable cups. Thanks for the info ;)

I think the refillable mugs are only for use at the parks, not the hotels.

there is nothing at the royal pacific like the disney refillable mugs.
we did buy the cup at islands of adventure that could be refilled for 1.79. but i filled the cup with ice from the hotel and took 2 cans of pop to pour into the cup once they got thirsty. i just had it in my bag with the 'everpresent ponchos'.
with front of the line access, you really don't need a whole day at the park so we always left in the early afternoon.
then i would just do the refill thing again at night.
we had the pop from our grocery stop with yourride on our way to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter