Just Back From Six Day In The World...Any Questions?

sunking

Tag Fairy? We don't need no stinkin' Tag Fairy.
just returned from six days in the world...stayed at coranado springs and did all of the parks and typhoon lagoon...crowds were not too bad but were growing by the day...it was very hot during our stay...
well, i have some unpacking to do but wanted to see if anyone had any questions...i'll post a full report when i get some time...

Hi Sunking! I have several questions for you.

1) I know it was hot; what about thunderstorms? Daily? Afternoons? Did they interfere with your plans?

2) Your impressions of Typhoon Lagoon? We have a DD10 and we're debating which water park to visit.

3) Did you do any character meals? Your impressions?

4) Any general restaurant experiences you care to share?

5) How were the lines for the "favorite" rides - like Test Track, Mission Space, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster. Did you use Fast Pass? Did they run out of times early in the day?

Thanks for any info you provide. We're going in 2 weeks!!

Laura

racheltori:
1) there were many thunderstorms in the area but we never had any rain...we could hear them off in the distance and talked to several people that were at one park or another that said they had rain but we managed to avoid it...

2)we have visited both typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach...i think that byphoon lagoon is a great choice for a family with young children...blizzard beach offers alot of "thrill" slides but typhoon lagoon is alittle more laid back...you would have no problem spending the day at typhoon lagoon with your 10 year old...

3) character meals: we had several...we did ice cream social at the land, 1900 park fare for both breakfast and dinner and donalds breakfastosarus (sp?)...all of them were great with good character interaction...we did both breakfasts early and did dinner late so there was time for us to spend with the characters without too many other guests demanding their time...if you are unsure if you daughter will enjoy a character meal, try the ice cream social...they serve ice cream (go figure) and the characters that are there are pluto, chip, dale and mickey...and it is never crowded...i don't think too many people know about this one...

4) we all enjoyed all of the meals that we had while in the "world"...but i am a breakfast person and donalds and 1900 park fare for breakfast were really good to me...

5) lines were not too bad...as i mentioned in my orginal post, the crowds grew as the week went on...we did early entry at epcot and were able to ride mission space 3 times and test track twice in about 1 hour...later in the week at mgm standby for rock n rollercoaster was about 70 minutes at 1:00pm with fast passes showing about 8:00pm...same with TOT...we did make use of fastpasses and were able to do and see everything that was important to us...

let me know if you have any other questions...
sunking

Thanks for the quick reply, sunking! I was glad to hear about the Epcot EE and your being able to get on Mission Space & Test Track so many times. I hadn't planned on doing EE, but now think I'd better! DD and I spent several days there this past January so we've been to all the newer attractions, but my DH has not so want to make sure he gets to experience Mission Space (we 3 all LOVE Test Track!!)

Actually, DD and I did the Ice Cream Social @ Garden Grill and it was definitely worth it!! What did you think of Donald's Restaurantosaurus? I've heard so many different opinions, but it's one we've never done so I made a PS. Would you say it was worth it?

I'm impressed that you didn't get caught in any storms! Your timing must have been right! ;)

donalds breakfastsarus was great...they had lots of selections to satisfy the pickiest eaters...waffles, pancakes, french toast, apple crisp, cold ceral, many types of eggs, pasteries, etc...you can't go wrong here...in my opinion, it was well worth the cost of the meal...
have fun on your trip...we are trying to figure out when to go next...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter