Just back from SSR. WOW!

MikeyNS

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

Just got back from our first trip home EVER ... it was AWESOME. Buying into SSR was the best thing we have ever done.

We took 5 others with us (age range 24-30) to a 2BR and we had ample space.. parks were fairly light and everyone loved SSR.

Personally I don't think SSR is too spread out, and the walks didn't seem to phase me in the least. I was just in awe of the whole resort (being the first time to any DVC resort that can happen!).

Anyhoo.. WOW.. now I just want to go back.

We did about the same thing 2br 5 adults plenty of room. The place is great. We are down to about 90 days until our next visit just DW and me this time.We can't what to go back to SSR !!!!!:wave2: :wave2:

Yeah...thanks for the positive post, we bought there but haven't been yet, can't wait til the holiday.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Glad you had a good time!!!

Allison

Wow...does anyone know why this thread got moved to the community board? I would think the DVC board is where this one belongs?

:wave:

Beca

Beca -- You've probably figured out by now that we have a new DVC Community Board. It looks like there's a lot of movin' goin' on...

MikeyNS -- Glad you had a great time at your new home-away-from-home!!!

Calypso...no, I hadn't. I guess I am REALLY slow!!! When did this happen, and what should be posted where, now?? I am SOOO confused!!!

:wave:

Beca

There's a new thread at the top of the DVC Forum explaining about the new board. Fluff goes on the C.B., questions about use of points, contracts, etc. goes on the old DVC board. So far the only link to the new board I've found was through the new thread. I don't see it on any of the forum indexes. I'm sure it will be easy to find once everything gets situated.

Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=673342

My wife and I are palnning our firsy DVC trip in 11/2006. She was concerned that the SSR is not kid freindly. Did it seem friendly to you?

I think SSR is very kid friendly actually.. but then again I'm not a kid, but when we do have kids I would not have any reservations about taking them. The "activity centre" ? where they had some PS2's and a Disney Windows XP machine setup were having all kinds of halloween activites for the kids while I was there. Disney babysitting maybe?..?

Spent at week at SSR w/ kids ranging from 3 1/2 to 18. Plenty to do for all. I would say the least kid friendly thing at the resort is the food selection at Artists Palette.

The main pool was great, kids loved the slides. Community Hall was a hit with the kids as well.

Hope you enjoy your 1st trip home.

Missy

Hey - glad to hear you had such a great time! I feel the same way about SSR. It gets very mixed reviews so I'm glad to hear someone else's positive comments.
I am counting down 39 days until I take my favorite Sissy to stay with my DH and I. I miss the bugle on the hour the most! Oh, and the lovely view of DD at night...oh and the HRS pool....and the yummy turkey sandwiches...and the spa....and the beauty of the whole place! I'll stop!:earsgirl:

I, for one, am glad to have it as my home resort. Needless to say when the time comes I will purchase another contract somewhere else for varieties sake. I think OKW sounds really cool and can't wait to stay there. Gosh.. 50 years.. so little time! :)

Thanks for the report. It sounds like SSR is great! I can't wait to see it.

I am planning a June 2005 30th birthday trip with eight of my high school chums. One is coming all the way from Scotland, where she's a research scientist. Some of the women have never been to Disney and are a little worried that they won't be able to relax. So I'm going to book Old Key West or Saratoga Springs -- any suggestions which one?

Well being biased for SSR and never stepping foot at OKW, I would think either would do fine. I was sooooo relaxed at SSR.. but with more buildings being open at that time may make it a little more hectic; but I think OKW with the bigger rooms may be more impressive.

Helpful 'eh? :)

I'm leaning toward Saratoga Springs, mostly because it's newer and so convenient to Downtown Disney. Having the spa right there is also attractive. What was it about Saratoga that made it so relaxing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter