Just back from the Wonder 10/24-10/27-- any questions??

shefor24

Mouseketeer
Whahoo- we just got back from our first ever cruise. 3 nights on the Wonder. It was perfect. Weather was awesome except the night we took off- the deck sail away party had to be moved inside because it POURED down rain !! I mean POURED! So I would be willing to answer (try to anyway) anyones questions. I am glad I met someone off the boards. I had lunch the first day with LANAJANE from Indiana, that was great to meet someone off here especially by pure accident. :D

Glad you had a good time:)
We go on the Wonder Nov 21-24!!!!

Did you fly?
What time did you get to the port?
Did you have any problems getting Palo or Spa ressies?
What excursions did you do?
What movies were showing?

Thanks, feel free to add anymore to that? 1st timer, w/lots of ???
:)

We did fly down but we went down two days before we got on the ship. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't of done it like that. I thought I would like to relax a few days before the cruise and just hnag out at the hotels, but it was a lot of money that we didn't need to spend. So I would fly down the morning of the cruise if I had to do it again. We got on the 10:20 shuttle from the Radisson. This was a perfect time to arrive to the terminal for boarding the ship. We waited in line, but we were probably about the 12-15 family in line for boarding. It filled up pretty fast after we got in line. When you get on the ship you aren't allowed in your stateroome until 1:30. So right when you get on the ship (the doors opened about 12:10) lunch is served and you go do that. Then to your stateroom.
Movies that were on-- I figured we would go see a few movies, but we were just BUSY. I mean I can't believe what all there is to do on that ship. It is almost overwelming. We didn't go to any- they showed Tuck Everlasting, Sweet Home Alambama, Signs (late night show), and quite a few more, I'll have to check my papers I brought home. I forget.
We did not go to Palo's. But the other person on these boards did- her name is Wendy, they went the first night on board and then I seen them dressed up again I think on the last night, so they must've went twice there. Looked like a very nice place. Didn't do spa either, sorry.
Excursions, I personally was disappointed with the Dolphin encounter. We had a real dud for an instuctor and I thought they would let each kid get in the water kinda one at a time and touch the dolphin and stuff, but they pull about 5-6 kids in the water and they all stand on this platform and they all have their backs to the parents and then they bring the dolphin in so they could touch it and stuff. So I would not do this agian for the money I spent on it. I really wouldn't even recommend it to anyone unless you have kids that are say between 4 and 7. Mine are 10, and they just thought it was "alright". I cannot tell you how much fun we had at Stingray City and snorkeling with the stingrays. Now that was really neat. For $15 we my daughters enjoyed that more than the $113 each dolphin encounter. Stingray City is really neat. Lots of underwater pics that are great.
Anything else you can think of let me know- this was our first cruise too, and boy did I have questions before we left too. :D

We are flying down the day of the cruise. We won't get to the port until about 12:30 earliest probably closer to 1:30. We arrive at MCO at 11:20, if all runs on time. We are going to do Stingray City too!!! I thought that seemed like loads of fun. We enjoyed Seaworld tons and tons especially the stingrays. I may not try to get a spa treatment but I would like to do Palos if we can get ressies. I just wonder getting there that late if we'll be able to get them. What time did you leave to get to SR CITY and how did you get there? Is getting to the airports an hour early enough time to go thru checks and all? How would SR CITY be for my DS (3)? My mom will probably take him to a beach area while DS (8) and I go there. Any suggestions for things to do? Were on the 3 day so not much time? Thanks again for all your info!!!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter