just back from Vistana Resort

kisstina

Earning My Ears
First of all I have to thank everyone for their great advice on these boards, I have been reading your posts since 1999, and it paid off. I had a fabulous week, March 9 - 16. The weather was incredible, 88 degrees and sunny, every day! Coming from snowy New Hampshire, my kids cried when the 16th came round and we had to fly home! The Vistana was excellent! First, we had a Saturday check in and I was afraid we would automatically be put in Courts which I had read on the posts is the oldest section and to be avoided. I called a week out and did the Diamond Lane check in and boy, was I glad I did. The line on Saturday @ 3pm at registration was 30 deep, but the Diamond Lane line had only one person in it.
When I called, I requested Cascades and was told it was fully booked, so I requested the next closest bldg to Cascades Pool, and the woman suggested Springs. I also requested first floor since my sister has a bad knee. Well, I got Springs first floor, and it was terrific! Great location with the quiet Springs pool right out our back porch and Cascades a short walk away My kids loved Cascades pool. They are DS4, DD7, DD9, and I loved the poolside bar and food. We checked out all the pools and we ate delivery from both Zimmies and Pizza Hut and found them to be quite good, reasonably priced, and very convenient after a long day at the parks. I could go on forever.....but I think I am limited on space. My sister wanted me to be sure and mention the only two negative things she found...1. ) the hairdryer in the master bath couldn't blow out a candle, so you might want to bring one from home, (also note, that was the only hairdryer, none in the other bathroom.) 2.) the toilets had very little flush pressure, if you know what I mean....so be careful, or you'll be calling housekeeping every time. Other than those two minor things, it was a great place for 6 people to relax. I'll be glad to answer any questions.......

thanks for your report. could you please explain the diamond lane check in? is it only for this resort or any sheraton resort?

thanks,
debbie

Littleducksmom,

I read about the Diamond Lane check in here on this site. Yes, I do think it is for all Sheraton's because it is on their web site, although I had no luck registering early on line I think because I went thru Hotel Kingdom.com and I learned that they do not download their guests until a few days before check in date. However, I called a week before,( I had to call the local Florida number and ask for front desk. ) I called several times prior, and they had no record of my reservation. But on the Saturday a week before my arrival date, I was on their computer. I told the lady I wanted the Diamond Lane check in and she said no problem, and took all pertinent info over the phone, including all room requests. It was great. She gave me a confirmation # and told me to check in in the Diamond Lane Line. It didn't take 3 minutes.

thank you so very much kisstina.........we are staying at vistana villages thru hotelkingdom. i will check into this.......sounds wonderful.........being that i will be flying into orlando with my 20 month old and checking in by myself before the rest of the family arrives. i would hate to have to wait in a really long line like that with him......thanks again.

these boards are great!! i love getting these little tidbits of info.

debbie

kisstina,

I'm staying at V V in mid May. I checked the sheraton site and couldn't find diamond lane info. I am a starwood preferred member, so can I just contact the resort directly or do I need to do something more? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Markski,

I had no luck with the Diamond Lane Check-in on any of the web sites. It took several calls to the 800 number before I called the local Florida number and asked for the front desk. Also, I was told you need to call about one week before arrival to do the Diamond Lane check in. I am not sure if V V has the same thing as the resort, but it is worth asking. I was handed my map and key in less than 3 minutes, and I am sure it would have be no less than 45 minutes in the regular registration line on that day.. Hope this helps, and have a great time!

Very good review! Thanks for posting!

My family also just returned from the Vistan Resort and had a wonderful time! I had also used the diamond check in but none of my request were met. we were put in the Courts section and I was not happy. The rest of my family thought it was ok, old but clean. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the front desk and manager. They said they would try to find us a different room. They finally did after 5 nights. I had to call and they got us a place in the spas section. This was what I had expected in the first place. It was great. The location was right next to the super pool and right across the street from the general store. We spent the last 5 days there. Overall I was a great place to stay. I would only stay there again if I was guarenteed a room other than the courts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter