Just back May 13 -20

Clang

Mouseketeer
First time using the dining plan, and some observations.

Normally, we do not eat many meals at sit-down restaurants due to budget concerns, so this was a splurge for us. We had a difficult time with ADRs - as in not knowing were we would want to eat on Wednesday - or what time....we made some ADRs in advance, and quickly found out, if you didn't have them, you were sort of screwed. Sat. we had a 5:20 at Chef Mickeys. We didn't make it. We ended up eating outside at Tonys - which we all enjoyed. Sunday, we did counter service at the Flame Tree, which was good, and dinner at Mama Melrose - which if we weren't on the meal plan - we would have NEVER done...and would never do again. Monday we did Le Celliar - not impressed - I had such high hopes for this place, but it did not live up the the expectations. Tuesday - we ate at ESPN - DH's choice. Food was okay - but they would NOT let me order an appetizer for the kids - and all I asked for was a bowl of fruit. Oh well. Wednesday, we took a day off - cause we didn't make our ADRs. Thursday we ate at Prime Time - the service was TERRIBLE and the food mediocre at best. Friday, we did Tony's again - and I left DH with the bill, and they didn't put it on the dining plan - even though we told them when we made the ADR we were on the dining plan, and also told the server when he took our order. We had 8 TS left too...DH didn't realize he paid out of pocket for it, and the server got screwed out of the tip... DH did give him $5 because he really liked the kid, but that is all he got. (we were able to amend the error at check out the next day.) Our last TS was used for breakfast at Boatwrights - which was an absolute DISASTER!!!! Service was HORRIBLE, and the food wasn't very good either.

Would we do it again???? I'm not sure.

Wow! What a mess :sad2: I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable. We'll be doing the dining plan in Aug. (not the same places), and hope we have better luck than that. :rolleyes2

Wow, what a depressing and negative review of almost everything. Can you expound on what you didn't like at Le Cellier, Mama's and 50's and why?

I'm sorry things didn't go as you'd hoped-were there no TS restaurants available Wednesday? Could you have used the credits for TS lunches or breakfasts?
Hope you enjoyed the rest of the trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter