Just Back, Some Thoughts To Share FP+, POFQ, Bus and more

adisneyaunt

DIS Veteran
First Visit using Online Check In, FastPass+, Bringing a pet, Trying a New Resort (POFQ), Attended Halloween Party and more..

Not a very planned out trip (which in untypical), a short visit, as I recently became a seasonal resident (YEAH) tho I am several hours from my Fav Place...lucky enough to catch up with some family that were visiting and I just HAD to go!!
I never used online check in as I was always leary that I wouuld not have the Best chance at getting my requests met/considered. My fav POR was booked so I chose POFQ.
It was a wonderful resort..the Plusses were that it "seemed" more peaceful/less hectic, the single bus stop advantage IMHO, resort feels more intimate (Id definitely recommend for couples if your NOT a pool person) ie the smaller size of the resort. The Negatives IMHO, were the small gift shop with limited items ( I like to shop :thumbsup2), less food options and no restaurant, size of resort ( I like to walk and I actually walked over to POR..) Very Child Geared pool area.
The Online check in was easy. I arrived at 930 am and Our room was Ready :cool1: and we were offered an UPgrade to waterview, Corner room, Building 6, wonderful location on the first floor. (my request made online was for a close building I think) :banana:
A quick and easy walk to both the food court building and bus stop. Perfect! Room was nice, a bit dusty w/ hair on the shelf in the bathroom area, kinda gross actually but other than that good for our short (3 day) visit.
I did not use Mousekeeping and left the privacy placard on our door, instead opting to get towels only and handed her a nice tip the first day. We may have missed out on a bounceback, but other than that, it worked fine for us. We had a towel animal (actually the Hidden mickey in towels) that was adorable upon arrival but since she did not enter again, that was it. Im fairly certain she would have left more and seemed appreciative of the tip handed to her.
The Magic Bands received prior to our trip worked perfectly, used for door access, park tickets, H party tickets and shopping/food. No glitches and easy peasy as they say, a Cute Souvie to boot.
Bus service was good to excellent. I greatly enoyed the 1 stop at POFQ, compared to POR. It just seemed easier with less overpacked busses and more relaxed. I did notice the new signage at the bus stop and there was an attendant one morning who seemed to interact. He actually told me our bus to Epcot would be arriving within 15 minutes, gave us a specific time. The bus did NOT arrive as indicated to us and he disappeared, but it arrived shortly thereafter, so it worked out.
Pet care at BestFriends (on disney property across from POR) was excellent with kind caring individuals and my dog had a great time (he told me, lol) actually they sent us a pix during the stay (so cute), he was actually looking to go back in the door when we were checking out, a First!! He got a bath and I was pleased with the entire process. Would use again and recommend.
Food Court was good, but I prefer POR, not sure why but felt there were less options here, although their checkouts were so much faster that at sister resort. Less people maybe, but just seemed like they had a system better implemented. We ate various meals there and they were all good. Costs similar to up northeast so no surprise for us there. If we were there longer we'd have done dine plan as in past, to me its a good deal! I did not buy the mug, a first as I have tons...it just seemed wasteful and cost prohibitive this visit. I dont care to be told when and how much I can drink lol
FastPass +, we used it despite a family member that had gotten a medical type pass (no comment on specifically why) but they have used the previous ones and felt it did not work as well for them. They felt that the issue they had was not addressed as best as it could have been. It may have been a miscommunication in not articulating it better to the CM. Their take was that IF had they gotten it at MK where they felt the CMs are better trained??, it would have been different. I have no idea why they felt that way.
Regardless, I used FP+ got our 3 choices and was mostly satisfied with it. I did not want to ck my cell, recheck for openings so we did not get on Mine Train, nor on Space Mtn, (the waits were just toooo long for standby and then having to wait till after your fastpass was used...too much work to do it for us) but we were okay with that. I did not like having to stagger our times in order to get on a ride. A bit frustrating, but in actuality, the CMs (in truth , Most cms, not all) were quite nice to allow us in at the earlier time (usually within 15 minutes of other family) rather than all of us waiting because of the staggered times. We did not get to ride as many rides as we have done in the past with this new system. Its just the way it worked out for us. If I were an infrequent visitor or someone that is with a large family to pay for, Id Not be happy and that Would impact a return visit. But for us, it was okay, Ill be back again, get another chance. To me, its Magical each time I visit. :love:
Ate at Kona Cafe (no adrs made this trip, just walked up as we went there for our Lapu Lapu's so figured we d ask ) an early dinner, okay service, good food. All others were at the food and wine festival (kiosks were good, decent prices but just too much to eat/drink) or at Counter Service at Pecos Bills in MK, YUM Pecos!
Halloween Party...Dont think Id do it again, but it was a nice experience and I like to try new things. They did allow us in a 350, its usually 4pm but we were all let in and got our wristbands and were off. I thought there would be many many costumed adults, there werent but those that did wear them had some very good ones and I liked that. The kiddos were cute. So heres my take. IF I wanted to get in the park for a decent amount of time (4-midnight) with the Specific goal to ride rides (while others are getting candy or standing around endlessly to get their special "spot" to see a parade, or Just to get candy or Just to see parades, I would do it again), I think that you CAN get on more rides as the general park attendees are cleared out (especially when not a sold out party too) so lines are short to very short and there are NO fastpasses, you just go ...thats good....and IF you want to just do character interaction, thats great as that too had short lines...
I was there to do the whole experience, see the parade, walk thru the shops, see the fireworks, RIDE the rides and had no interest in candy or characters...it seemed kinda silly. By that I mean Id rather be in a park the Whole day when its open later or has EMH, ..Just me. I enjoyed it but would not do it again. The parade was good, LOVED the cemetary guys with their shovels....No one does a parade or Fireworks like Disney, no one IMHO.

Overall it was a good albeit quick trip, had fun, laughed, enjoyed the festival and the party, firewors and parades, food and drink/s, Was apppreciative of the UPgraded room and liked the resort.
What else is there...its as MAGICAL as ever. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter