Just back...Wear your ears!!!

Here are some of the things we did to incorporate Disney into the wedding and reception. A lot of the stuff was Cinderella-themed, but other characters made appearances too.

Ceremony:

My DH wore a grey vest with Mickey's head embroidered all over it. By the way, it was really hard to find any kind of vest with Mickey. We finally found a guy in Vermont ( I think) who still had some left.

We found a pillow with a crystal carriage on top of it for the ringbearer to carrry down the aisle.

The pew bows had glass slippers attached to them thanks to my cousin.

As the bridesmaid gift, I gave all the girls a bracelet with a Cinderella charm (straight from Disney) that they wore during the ceremony.

I found a bride pen (white with Minnie's head and veil) in a store back in December which we used as the pen for the guest book.

Reception:

Each table was named after a different Disney couple (Examples: Lady and the Tramp, Ariel and Eric, Aurora and Philip). It's really hard to find twenty Disney couples after a while. The card on the table had the name of the couple, which movie they were from and a picture or two of them.

The instrumental dinner music was Disney.

We had a tv and vcr in the back which constantly ran "Cinderella" for the little kids. We found that the adults enjoyed it too.

We had two ice sculptures: a glass slipper and the carriage.

All kinds of Disney knickknacks that ranged from a Cinderella clock to a crystal carriage from Main Street to Minnie and Mickey wedding dolls were scattered all over the place.

There was a Minnie and Mickey cake topper and knives and serving set.

We also framed a really nice print from the Art of Disney in December called the "Disney Kiss" with all kinds of characters and displayed it by the ice sculptures.

We made two photograph collages of us in the different Disney parks with all kinds of characters. We even included pictures of characters that really nobody but Disney fans would know (example: Kida from "Atlantis").

We also displayed pictures of us as kids, and I happened to find a really nice one of me with Minnie on my first trip to Disney at age nine. (Thanks, Mom!!!)

Hey, and Mom...I know you're on vacation now and hope you're having a great time...but who's going to Disney in November and leaving their loving daughter back in Maryland???

:jester: :jester:

Hi there - for all you ladies who don't want to wear the "hat" w/the ears & veil - you can order over the phone a headband with ears and a veil. They are ivory w/sequence on the front and velvet on the back. They look SOO cute. I was on hold for almost 15 min, but it will be worth it!! They are $24 + 5.95 for shipping. Disneyland Deliverears is the name the # is 1-800-362-4533. They are called Minnie Mouse headband w/veil...from Mad Hatter Shoppe.

Good Luck!!
Monica & Jay
10/29/02 :wave:

timon71,

Thank you for the information. Do you have any picture of that headband? Also, is that headband only available from Disneyland?

Jean

Originally posted by Timon71
Hi there - for all you ladies who don't want to wear the "hat" w/the ears & veil - you can order over the phone a headband with ears and a veil. They are ivory w/sequence on the front and velvet on the back. They look SOO cute. I was on hold for almost 15 min, but it will be worth it!! They are $24 + 5.95 for shipping. Disneyland Deliverears is the name the # is 1-800-362-4533. They are called Minnie Mouse headband w/veil...from Mad Hatter Shoppe.

Good Luck!!
Monica & Jay
10/29/02 :wave:

i posted on another thread that my FH and i were actually making something like these...we bought the minnie ears at the disney store. they are the black ones, which we are still discussing making them white (by covering the ears with white material or something) and then we found an actual bridal veil at a michael's store on clearance that we will attach to the ears. we're going to remove the big red and white bow on the normal ears. the veil that we found is an 18" veil attached to a hair clip thing with a white bow. it's very cute! we will be making them tomorrow...i'll let you know how they turn out...

:D

Dear Lady-The individuals who will be going to WDW in November and leaving their loving daughter behind will be US! Mom, Dad and Brother! And we are already counting down! We are back from a Myrtle Beach vacation (visited relatives) where cousins are still talking about Lady's reception. They even remembered that they were seated at the Tarzan and Jane table-I didn't even remember that one! And Lady, your cousin wanted to know all about your fireworks cruise that you new DH arranged! So Lady, since we were not invited on your most recent Disney trip - your honeymoon - we won't feel guilty about our trip in November. But think- your brother will be riding Space Mountain while you will be attending "in service teachers meetings" at your school! UNFAIR! So the students are out, the teachers are in!

My soon to be bride and myself are getting married next year in Disney. She wants to wear the ears and veil. I'm not sure if I can wear the hat. I would feel silly wearing it throughout Disney. Are there any guys that can help me with this?

Also, where can you purchase the bride and groom mickey and minnie t-shirts?

Liquidsky88, I sent this thread to my DH and asked him to respond to you and give you a guy's opinion. He didn't want to wear the hats either at first, but after hearing so many good things that happened to couples wearing them, he changed his mind. We're not going to wear them every single day and we have Mickey & Minnie Bride & Groom pins and regualr Bride & Groom t-shirts to wear as well.

liquidsky88,

I am Lisa's husband and as she said in her prior post, we don't plan on wearing it all the time. Just think....will you ever see these people again? If it can get you some free stuff and special treatment, then I am all for it. Anything to make my honeymoon that much better.

The one thing I am opposed to that Lisa wants though is wearing the ears on the plane. I will go with the t-shirts, but not the hats.

Hope that helped.

Thanks for the help LisaFB and Scoot95. I'm going to start small, pins, maybe t-shirt, then the hat. I've been picked (and made a fool of myself ) :jester: at every audience participation show Disney about offers, I guess I can do the hat (I think). :confused: Hey Scoot95, let me know how it goes with the hat when you get back from your honeymoon. :smooth:

As Scott said, you'll never see these people again..... We were extremely embarrassed at the Poconos but didn't reall care since we knew we'd never see anyone again.. and that just made it even more fun!!!

My husband wanted to wear them and I am the one who resisted!! I kind of regret not wearing them every single day now. I mean, you only have one honeymoon and, who cares what others think! Oh well... we had an awesome time. By the way, the pins are cute, but kind of hard to notice by the CMs...especially in a 60 minute wait Test Track line. :)

P.S. We got sent to the front of the TT line and got our own car. This was especially nice since the TT photo op was included in our package.

We're leaving for disney in a week (my family and I, not my fiancee) and I'm buying the hats while we're there, along with mouse ears for our bridal party. Then at the wedding reception, right before we leave, all of us are going to sneak out and put our hats on and come back into the reception hall to the mickey mouse club march. we're having pictures taken. It took some persuading to get the groomsmen to agree to all this, but they all did!! I can't wait!!

happy planning!!

pryncess

SoleilLoca,

When you come back from WDW, do you mind tell us where these ears are and how much? I plan to get mine from World of Disney in Downtown Disney because I can receive discounts from my Disney Club membership. But I don't know whether that place carries it.

Thanks for the help!
Jean

I'd be happy to let you know!! From what I've heard, the bride/groom ears are $12, but I'm not sure if it's the same price for regular mickey ears. and I know there's an extra fee for getting the names monogrammed on them. But I'll definitely fill you in as soon as I get back.

:earsgirl:

I'm back from disney and I bought our Ears. I decided not to do the ears for the whole bridal party- it seemed like it was going to be pretty pricey. I might change my mind though, and have a family member down there ship them up to me. Anyway...I saw quite a few couples wearing the bride and groom ears (unless I kept seeing the same couple.. :) ) and I actually saw them in quite a few stores, too. they were even selling them on the disney cruise line. I wound up buying them at Disney Days of Christmas in Downtown Disney (last minute thing) for $10 ea. FYI: the christmas shops have little bride and groom ears ornaments that you can have personalized!! the ornaments are $3.00 ea. I believe- i didn't buy them, I'm waiting until next year. they also have these beautiful ornaments with disney couples on them, I got the cinderella/prince charming one, they're in the carriage kissing after their wedding. so cute! Happy planning, any more questions dont hesitate to ask!

SoleilLoca,

thanks for the report! i hope you have had a great time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter