Just back - what a trip !

captain america 2003

Always ready to see The World !
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo
Just got home and ready to answer your questions . Our best trip yet !
Make sure you see "Wishes" , they are the best fireworks display I have ever seen . Also , "Philharmagic" is amazing ! THE BEST 3D ANYWHERE ! I also think "Mission Space" is very realistic and a definite must do for anyone who can tolerate the G-force . The parks were all crowded but still very manageable . MNSSHP however seemed too crowded and was more difficult to navigate .
At Universal "SHREK" was very good but it couldn't match 'Philharmagic" . I thought "Jimmy Neutron" was a definite upgrade from the old Hanna Barbera simulator , although it is very similar to the old attraction .
So who has a question ?

:firefight Captain America :firefight

Glad you had such a great time! I was curious if Mission Space was one of the attractions open during EMH at Epcot. We typically don't bother with EMH at this park, but if MS is open, we may!

Thanks!

Thanks Captain, I do have a question.

Had you seen the other fireworks before so that you can compare them to Wishes? I'm curious how different the two shows are.........the other fireworks shows used to leave me with tears in my eyes, and I'm hoping that Wishes will move me in the same way.......

Dear Harambe ,
I'm sorry but I can't answer your question because we did not use EMH for EPCOT during our trip . My guess is that it is open during EMH , but , I don't know for sure . Sorry .

Dear Haunted Mansion Geek ,
We have seen Fantasy in the Sky and I think one other fireworks display back in '95 . Wishes , in our opinion is the BEST we have seen anywhere ! It is an impressive display sinchronized , perfectly with the soundtrack .

We too just got back and I agree with the Captain you can't touch Philharmagic or Wishes. We saw Phiharmagic 2 times and tried to see it a 3rd but did not have time. Shrek was good but is ,of course, based on just the one film and can't match Philharmagic which spans several of Disney's most popular films. Plus all the award winning songs that Disney uses can't be matched either. Philharmagic is simply awesome (IMHO).

MNSSHP on the 14th was a bit crowded but only in certain areas. Waits were not long.
We went to Crystal Palace for dinner the night of MNSSHP and it was really great. I thought the food selection was much better than some of the other buffets.

By the way I was told by WDW when I went to pick up my tickets for MNSSHP, that you can get into the park at 4:00 using that ticket. Be aware that the MNSSHP tickets look just like the park hopper tickets so you must keep them seperate. I don't know why they couldn't make a different loking ticket.

Hi Captain America 2003!! We're just down the road from ya!!
Thanks for the info. I was just curious how the weather was and if you could offer an opinion on where the best place to view Wishes would be?

Dear Desnik ,
Hello neighbor ! When we saw Wishes on Sat. 10/11 we got to the park about 35 minutes before and we sat on the curb right across the street from the Main St. Railroad station entrance perfectly centered with the castle . When Wishes was about to begin we just stood up on the curb and we had a great view . I guess if you don't mind waiting the view from the elevated deck of the train station is probably better , but , you better get your spot there more than an hour before they start . Hope this helps .

Dear Kadiem ,
I'm sorry but Fantasy in the Sky fireworks were the fireworks done during MNSSHP on 10/16 . Maybe you could catch Wishes on another night .

Hi Captain,

Wow, another neighbor from Orange County! Glad you had a great time. My family and I head down Nov. 1. Can't wait!!

Hi Captain:
We just got back too! We had an awesome time and you are correct that Philharmagic and Mission Space were both incredible!!!

I found it much more crowded than the same week last year. Maybe because of FTP? We are thinking of going in Sept next year instead.

We went to MNSSHP for the first time on the 16th. It was nothing in crowds compared to the daytime and we were able to ride everything without delay.

How crowded was Universal Studios?? We went to IOA and there wasn't really any wait for anything. In fact, they even closed down the express pass machines because there really wasn't any lines.

Glad you too had a great time!
Joats

Dear Joats ,
We went to Universal and IOA on Tues. 10/14 using the
1 day/2 park passes . We started our day at Universal because we wanted to make sure we saw Shrek and Jimmy Neutron first thing in the morning before the crowds got too big . This strategy worked well for us and thus we were able to do both of these in the first 45 minutes the park was open . By the time we came out of Jimmy Neutron we could see that the crowd level had increased significantly (mostly from large groups) . From 10:00 on the park was fairly crowded but still easily manageable by using ExpressPass . We left Universal around 3:00 and headed over to
IOA to finish our day . At IOA we encountered a 20 min. wait for Spiderman , walked on Jurassic Park River Adventure , 15 min. wait for Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls , and 10 min. wait for the Cat in the Hat . The only thing we weren't able to do that we really wanted to do was Poseiden's Fury .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter