• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back!!!

GarrettJD

DIS Veteran
Just got back from our 9 day Disney Adventure. We had a great time.... planning begins now for the next trip!

Crowds weren't too bad until yesterday (June 8th.) We started with Epcot that day and it was crazy busy. Ended up in the Magic Kingdom (dinner at Crystal Palace) and it was really, really busy. Around 6:30 the wait for Peter Pan was 95 minutes :earseek: Everything else had a long wait that day. We did manage to get good viewing spots that night for both showings of Spectromagic.

Also, our bad luck continues with Fantasmic. Last year on our first trip, we got rained out of Fantasmic on our last day, and didn't get to see it. Well, this year.... on Wednesday June 2nd, we tried again. 15 minutes into the show it started raining hard and they shut the show off and cancelled it. Our next night we tried was June 7, and really bad thunderstorms moved in about 30 minutes before showtime, cancelling the show again. We are now 0 for 3 as far as Fantasmic goes. I'm beginning to think that we have a "Fantasmic curse" or something... and as a service to all DISboard members, I will be announcing our scheduled Fantasmic days for our next trip (date TBA) so that you can avoid the show those nights. Trust me. It WILL rain. ;)

Anyway, other than that, a great trip! Ask me anything! :)

Sorry to hear your luck. Glad to hear you missed the crowds. We are leaving in 5 days and plan to see many long lines

Glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear that Epcot and MK were so busy on a Tuesday, as we were planning to go to those same parks on a Tuesday when we are there June 19th-24th. How was Pop Century?

We enjoyed Pop Century quite a bit. Our only other onsite stay was at All-Star Music. Pop Century is very similar, but everything is new and shiny, and there's no "combo shampoo and body wash" dispensers in the showers, but real soap and shampoo.
We were in building B of the 70's section, in room 0136-- first floor right on the end of the building-- we could walk around the end of Classic Hall and reach the bus stop in about 1-2 minutes. We bought the refillable mugs and used them quite a bit. All in all the room met our needs and we enjoyed our stay a lot. I really want to try a moderate resort next, though.

Thank's for sharing,happy planning your next trip.::yes:: :wave2: Hope you have better luck with Fantasmic on your next trip.

We were at WDW on 6/2 - the night of your first Fantasmic rain-out...we were fortunately at MK watching Wishes and while the skies were DARK, and I mean DARK...we still got to see Wishes. We then dashed home (BWV) and beat any storms. It just goes to show you how sporadic and isolated these storms are at WDW. I have vowed to go at the beginning of May instead of the end of May next year to avoid these 'afternoon' thunderstorms that have a tendency to linger into the evening and kind thwart any plans. My weather research tells me rainfall in April and early May is about 2-3" while it is 6-7" in June/July, etc....I guess I think I will try to beat the odds...better luck next time though!!! One of these days, it WILL happen for you!!!

Your a lttlr late planning your next trip aren't you:p . I usually start my planning for the next trip upon arrival!

...and then DH comes and trys to change everything 2 days befor ewe go....:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter