Just bought a Cool Portable DVD

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
I got a great deal on a beautiful little personal/portable DVD Player.

The kind with the lid that lifts up like a mini laptop and you can watch movies on the plane, in the car (unless you are driving!) :p etc....

I bought it up at RadioShack ~ it has a 7 1/2 inch screen ~ dolby sound and was regular $799.00 on sale for 699.00 but they only had the show model on in stock so I got it for $599.00.

I just tried it out (watched Shrek) it was so cool ~ comes with all the attachments and remote control - you can even use it to play DVD's on your regular TV with the wires it comes with. The picture was crystal clear and the sound awesome.

I am going to surprise my DD9 on the plane with it :) (If I can keep it a secret for 29 more days)

Anyway ~ it's a Mintek DVD1710 if anyone is doing some early Christmas Shopping.

>>^..^<<

That ought to keep her happy (& busy) for the flight...what a nice surprise that will be for her. :)

COOL!! I have seen those, they look nifty! Actually my 10 yr old son pointed it out for me- I am sure your DD will love it! It will make the flight much more enjoyable if you can watch a good movie!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

I bought that one at Radio Shack last December, we love it. Used it on the plan for our last trip. There was a $100 rebate on it last year so I paid the same as you.

Hi tricia,

Has it been working well for you? I tested it yesterday ~ ran it till the battery died, it lasted exactly 4 hours.

I bought the adapter and 2 head sets so we can both watch and hear it at the same time :)

I also ordered another battery - it was 109.99 including shipping and handling ~ that way if a battery dies, I have a 4 hour back up :)

Thanx to all who responded - I can't wait for the flight - it will make a huge difference from "Are we there yet" to "Awww that flight was too short"

>>^..^<<

Wow Cass...28 days to go. Your countdown clock seems to be moving faster than mine ;). It seems like not long ago your trip was months away. I hope the next 4 weeks go by quickly for you. :)

Hi DisneyLisa... I know! I can't beleive it.... I started my countdown clock at 225... :)

Hope yours winds down quick too!

>>^..^<<

Hey, we just bought one too!!! Ours is a 7 inch made by Polaroid. We picked it up in Rochester (there on a roller hockey tournament last week) for $299. That included the car adapter. DS has been doing the ultimate vegging by sitting in the basement playing computer with the little DVD player playing movies. Ah, the life of a teenager!!!!!!!!!

It should come in really handy on our drive to Williamsburg in August.

And a question, how did you get your registered, location and posts, etc. in colour, it looks great!!! I want colour too. I knew tag faeries could do that stuff but I've never seen colour in the bottom part.

Hi Damo :)

Only the faeries can give colour.... you have to clap your hands and say "I do believe, I do believe" and if that doesn't
work - do what I did... email a moderator and ask politely for colour.

>>^..^<<

I only bought her GYMP to keep her occupied on the plane!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

LOL Gymp/Gimp? the plastic string from lewis craft? lol

Funny ~ my DD is so oblivious to anything ~ I had it in a "clear" radio shack bag and she didn't notice it.

When we got home with it I was excited to try it out so I kept trying it when she was in another room and when she was in the shower... I would close the lid and put a dish towel over it when she came near... duh, she did not see a thing.

I hope I can hold out till the flight - she is going up to a cottage next week that is a 3 1/2 hour drive and she would probably Reall Really enjoy this on that ride. :)

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by >>^..^<<
Funny ~ my DD is so oblivious to anything ~ I had it in a "clear" radio shack bag and she didn't notice it.

When we got home with it I was excited to try it out so I kept trying it when she was in another room and when she was in the shower... I would close the lid and put a dish towel over it when she came near... duh, she did not see a thing.>>^..^<<
I remember when my kids were really little & I'd take them with me to do their Christmas shopping:
- I'd put the toy in the cart
- they'd play with it
- I'd pay for it
- take them home
- put them down for a nap
- wrap the present
- & on Christmas morning when they opened it...it was like they'd never seen the toy...they were so excited.

Oh, the good old days. :) Now you can't slip anything past them. ;)

Well ~ I kept the secret for 5 days. :p

I caved because she is going to a cottage this weekend with her Dad and it is 1 3 1/2 drive so I figured she could use it and not be bored to death.

*sigh* I am the worst at keeping secrets

>>^..^<<

I know the feeling Cass. This trip in October is for DD's 16th ..I was going to keep it a secret until the end but managed to go about 2 days before telling her I was planning it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter