• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Checked Into Aulani!

The hidden Mickey in the wallpaper lining the hallways is easy to spot once you realize they are squares rather than the traditional circles.

Thanks for all the wonderful information, Paul! It's all been very helpful! Quick question about the current status of the drink stations. We've used the refillable mugs there in the past, but I believe I read that the drink stations aren't open currently. Does one have to buy an individual cup/drink each time?

Thanks for all the wonderful information, Paul! It's all been very helpful! Quick question about the current status of the drink stations. We've used the refillable mugs there in the past, but I believe I read that the drink stations aren't open currently. Does one have to buy an individual cup/drink each time?
Drink stations are not open. I asked our server on the beach when they would be coming back, and she said maybe in two months, maybe next year. So yes, for now, it’s an individual Aulani paper beverage cup each time.
I wasn’t actually even aware of the refillable mugs, but now my wife and I will totally get them if they’re available when we’re next here. They sound like a great deal.

The refillable mugs were definitely a good deal when spending time by the pools and beach, but kind of a pain to have to go all the way down to Ulu Cafe for coffee in the morning.

Drink stations are not open. I asked our server on the beach when they would be coming back, and she said maybe in two months, maybe next year. So yes, for now, it’s an individual Aulani paper beverage cup each time.
I wasn’t actually even aware of the refillable mugs, but now my wife and I will totally get them if they’re available when we’re next here. They sound like a great deal.

Thank you for the response! Good to know so I don’t waste room in our suitcase toting the mugs all the way to Hawaii! Enjoy the rest of your time at Aulani!

Thank you for sharing updates during your vacation! We can't wait for our visit this July.

Thanks. Do they still have the water drinking stations with paper cups or are we supposed to go in to ulu cafe to ask for a drink of water.

As with the others, thanks for the info Paul. We head to Aulani in a month and am wondering if the barbeque grills are open for use these days. As in past visits, grilling 2-3 nights helps defray the food costs of a trip. Wish all the DVC resorts had gas grills, only other I know of is at Grand Californian.

As with the others, thanks for the info Paul. We head to Aulani in a month and am wondering if the barbeque grills are open for use these days. As in past visits, grilling 2-3 nights helps defray the food costs of a trip. Wish all the DVC resorts had gas grills, only other I know of is at Grand Californian.
We’ve walked by the gas grills, but have not seen anyone using them throughout our stay, so my guess is that they’re not open.I would ask at the front desk, but today we check out, and I’m just going to do it through the television. You might want to just call them closer to your arrival date to get a better idea.

Random Aulani advice as we get ready to fly home!

1. Watch the moon set over the water at least once, even though it’s late.
2. Splurge a little on dining if budget allows. Breakfast and lunch at the Four Seasons is really good.
3. Park on level L of the parking structure. Easier to get in and out.
4. Lock you car doors when visiting tourist sites!
5. Don’t bother bringing magic bands. No one seems to know if they’ll ever be used here.
6. If you’re planning on coming here more than once, start a tradition! Or two, or three! We like getting a new pin for our key card lanyards each time, among many other things.
7.Leaving the light on in the shower makes for a good night light, especially for the one bedrooms.
8. Seek out and appreciate the amazing detail suffused throughout this place! The number of animals carved into the concrete rock work of the volcano and lazy river is very impressive. I dare you to find them all. And there are all sorts of interesting ancient looking Hawaiian images that light up at night and appear in the pathways around the pool.
9. A half day drive around the southern tip of the island is totally worth it.
10. Try something you’d never consider elsewhere, like stand up paddle boarding! That red catamaran that sits on the beach goes out multiple times during the day. Looks like a blast! I think we’re going to try it next time!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it just reminded me of something we saw on our Spring Break trip a few weeks ago (too long ago haha).

The grills are open at the Marriott and not all that busy. The Marriott is also selling chicken or pork meals for people to grill at Longboards. It comes with the meat, veggie, and I think a starch. We didn't buy one because it's just the two of us and would have fed us for 3 meals. They come in aluminum trays so would be easy to carry from the Marriott to Aulani. They were incredibly popular as we saw many people taking these from their rooms to the grills.

As these are picked up from Longboards, it would be an easy option for people staying at Aulani or the Four Seasons.

Random Aulani advice as we get ready to fly home!

1. Watch the moon set over the water at least once, even though it’s late.
2. Splurge a little on dining if budget allows. Breakfast and lunch at the Four Seasons is really good.
3. Park on level L of the parking structure. Easier to get in and out.
4. Lock you car doors when visiting tourist sites!
5. Don’t bother bringing magic bands. No one seems to know if they’ll ever be used here.
6. If you’re planning on coming here more than once, start a tradition! Or two, or three! We like getting a new pin for our key card lanyards each time, among many other things.
7.Leaving the light on in the shower makes for a good night light, especially for the one bedrooms.
8. Seek out and appreciate the amazing detail suffused throughout this place! The number of animals carved into the concrete rock work of the volcano and lazy river is very impressive. I dare you to find them all. And there are all sorts of interesting ancient looking Hawaiian images that light up at night and appear in the pathways around the pool.
9. A half day drive around the southern tip of the island is totally worth it.
10. Try something you’d never consider elsewhere, like stand up paddle boarding! That red catamaran that sits on the beach goes out multiple times during the day. Looks like a blast! I think we’re going to try it next time!

It's been 5 years since we were at the Aulani - should we bring our DL lanyards with us? It's too bad they don't use magic bands - those are great, especially since they are waterproof.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it just reminded me of something we saw on our Spring Break trip a few weeks ago (too long ago haha).

The grills are open at the Marriott and not all that busy. The Marriott is also selling chicken or pork meals for people to grill at Longboards. It comes with the meat, veggie, and I think a starch. We didn't buy one because it's just the two of us and would have fed us for 3 meals. They come in aluminum trays so would be easy to carry from the Marriott to Aulani. They were incredibly popular as we saw many people taking these from their rooms to the grills.

As these are picked up from Longboards, it would be an easy option for people staying at Aulani or the Four Seasons.

Thanks for this! I wish they would do this from here on in, what a great idea!

It's been 5 years since we were at the Aulani - should we bring our DL lanyards with us? It's too bad they don't use magic bands - those are great, especially since they are waterproof.
Yes bring your lanyards! We did. They also sell a fun collection of them in the store.

FYI, our flight home on Hawaiian to LA was packed with people, including a huge number who were waiting on standby for available seats. Everyone wore masks, but I can’t say we felt incredibly safe and comfortable. I didn’t realize that Sunday was such a major travel day. In the future I think we’ll travel home on a different day.

FYI, our flight home on Hawaiian to LA was packed with people, including a huge number who were waiting on standby for available seats. Everyone wore masks, but I can’t say we felt incredibly safe and comfortable. I didn’t realize that Sunday was such a major travel day. In the future I think we’ll travel home on a different day.
Tuesday’s are the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter