Just closed on my DVC "rental"

billyb1

Earning My Ears
Just closed my ROFR'd sale of my SSR back to Disney and I ran some of my numbers.

I bought 210 pts in 2004 for $85 and just sold for $82.
I ended up using 579 points over the last 2.5 years.
Including the sales fee and 3 years of maintenance, I shelled out just under $4000 for those 579 pts. So it ended up costing me about $7 per point.

Not too bad, better if you add the value of the membership perks and such.. and quite a bit cheaper than renting. I guess when you look at what the market did in the last 2 years, I really could have done better elsewhere, but I got a lot of great vacation for that $4000... I was able to stay like 16 nights in 2BRs with family and friends, and a week in a 1BR. I Didn't sell becasue we disliked SSR or anything, in fact we love the place, just thought we had too many points for now.

I still have my other small SSR contract (120) contract to hold me over untill I can make the AKV, wait for Contemporary, or finally buy a Mariott decision. Man this check is burning a hole in my pocket.. and AKV looks so very nice.

I have to say Timeshare Store and ROFR made the whole process so easy... almost easier than buying... which was rediculously easy.

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter