Just drinks?

maidmarion

Mouseketeer
There are several restaurants that seem all about the atmosphere to us and not so much about the food- San Angel Inn, Sci-Fi Drive Inn Movies, and others. Would it be okay to stop by for a twenty minute break and have just a cocktail or beer? (We are good tippers.)

Other places, like Cali Grill and Le Cellier, we simply can't afford a full meal there, but would love to have a cocktail each and share an appetizer. In an upscale place, would it be possible just to sit at the bar, or are we expected to partake ina full meal here if we go?

We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge- any reviews of the Territory Lounge and how late are they open?

Also, am I right that the MK does not serve any alcoholic beverages? Where would be our best bet for some afternoon libations while enjoying a day at the MK?

We're usually very infrequent drinkers, but we like to indulge on vacation, so both of us are fair lightweights. I like beer, my partner wine, and we both like cocktails. My partner is a baby about something tasting like alcohol unless it's wine.:rolleyes: Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:bounce:

I'll give this a bump because I'm curious too!

I know that MK does not serve alcohol so if you wanted to stay near MK I guess you would have to try one of the MK resorts, GF, Poly, or Contemporary. Epcot has a lot of alcohol choices and you could catch the monorail there.

Let's see what others say!

D4D

On your way to MK you could walk to the Poly for a tropical drink and a nice stroll before taking the water taxi.

Oooh thanks, TimeWarp. That sounds perfect. How relaxing. Any particular recommendations at the Poly?

IMHO, Poly's Tambu Lounge has the best drinks on property. Nine of us where there for drinks and dinner at 'Ohana on 11/15, and everyone loved their drinks. I can personally recommend the Back Scratcher and the Malibu McCaw. I think I had a Rum Runner there last year. They make them nice and strong. Fabulous place to relax with drinks.

Is there a outside poolbar by the volcano pool? It would be nice to grab a few drinks before fireworks from beach.::yes::

You might think about some restaurants for lunch. It tends to be pretty much the same as the dinner menu but cheaper and you still get to enjoy the restaurant. We have done this many times at Le Cellier. As for Cal Grill, go early when the restaurant opens at 6pm, sit in the lounge and have one of their wonderful pizzas, appetizers & drinks. I know many guest who do appetizers and drinks at the restaurants as well.

No alcohol in the MK. But you might want to check out Konas, the Outer Rim, Territory is good, Crocketts Tavern, Belle View Lounge or Crew's Cup.

Parks: Tune In lounge, Matsunoma lounge. They serve food in these lounges.

Re the question of "only" drinks and an appetizer at a sit-down, once you have a PS, that table is yours to use as you like. Whether that's one iced tea and one coke or a 7 course meal, it's totally up to you. Depending on which end of that scale you fall, it might be nice to adjust your tip percentage up accordingly, but again that's up to you. Look at it this way - your party having a quick visit turns the table over to the next party all that much faster.

And here's another vote for the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. Umbrella drinks - mmmmmmmmm! :)

This is just my opinion.

1. San Angel Inn. I wouldn't go there for a drink just for the "atmoshpere." you are already in the pyramid just to go to the shopping or ride the boat. There isn't much use of sitting in the dining area for a drink. You can get a margarita at the cantina outside. The sitting dining area is sort of crowded in there, I don't see the point of sitting in there for a drink, you'd be much more comfortable to just get a margarita at the margarita place.

2. Sci-Fi drive in. The joke is "the best 10 dollar handburger I ever had." if you want to just go in there for a drink or a milk shake to see what it is like, go ahead.

3. California Grill. There is a lounge area up there. They don't have good beer there. They have great wine there. I would just sit in the lounge area. Do yourself a favor and at least get some appetizers.

4. La Cellier. I'd skip this one for a drink, if it was me. Instead go over to Japan to Matsu-Noma lounge and have a good time.

5. Roaring Forks. Great place. Good drinks. Only a couple of decent beers (Honey Lager, Red Hook) but good mixed drinks. Good "bar food" appetizers - wings, cheese platter, etc. We've certainly made a "dinner" of it, watched a game here, had a burger and a beer, etc. Good place. Drinks aren't cheap but are good.

6. Tambu Lounge. Yes, go there by all means. They have a light appetizer menu as well. They kind of frown on you going over to kona cafe and ordering wings to go and bringing them back. They are not the service bar for 'Ohana, but are adjacent to 'Ohana and so get a lot of people waiting for their table. Good drinks. Big TV. Not a lot of room, really open to the lobby. What is that drink in the pineapple? I always call it the "loopy loopy" to be silly, but that's not right. Anyway, try one of those.

The outer rim in the contemporary can be fun to sit and have a fruity frozen type drink, not much good beer though. Best beer is at the crews cup at the yacht club. ALso, don't forget that on the boardwalk is big river - not the best microbrew in the world, but hey when in Rome, another fine place for a beer and a burger.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned rose and crown?

We had some Great drinks at the Pool Bar at WL. The Bartenders were very nice. The Pool bar at AKL seemed to be busy. We enjoyed the Bar at WL we sat there to watch the World Series.

Kae

One of my favorite places is Germany at Epcot. I love the band and the liter beers. It's so much fun. They usually have a yodeling contest with members of the audience. It can be pretty hilarious.

Unfortunately you have to have lunch/dinner because it is a buffet. They should have a bar area where you can just watch the show. Oh well.

Many times we have gone to Sci Fi or Prime time for dessert only. We don't particularily care for the food at Sci Fi but like the decor, so we just take a break in the afternoon and have a milkshake or dessert.

Speaking of drinks.........I can not speak of having drinks at WDW with out mentioning this drink I had at the Lobby Court Bar in the Swan. I had been drinking a Manhattan, and I always order it with extra maraschino cherries, so the bartender said, "if you like maraschino cherries, you'll love this drink." It was along the line of a Manhattan but it had some kind of cherry juice in it from this big vat of cherries curing on the bar. I don't know what this drink was, but til this day, I still think about it. So yummy. When we go in Jan, I am going to try to head over to the Swan and see if I can get one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter