Just Got Back from BLT and AKL Kidani

sjaz22

Own at BLT
We did our first split stay last week and stayed in a 1 bedroom villa Savannah view at Kidani for 4 nights and a 1 bedroom villa standard view at BLT for 4 nights. BLT is our home resort and we have stayed there before, but this was our first time at Kidani. I have to say that we LOVED Kidani. The master bathroom is so much bigger at Kidani than at BLT! Also, we loved the larger balcony. Also, not a big issue, but they have ceiling fans at Kidani and not at BLT. We had such a hard time getting the temperature correct at the BLT because with the A/C on, the living area where the kids slept was freezing and the master bedroom was hot! We never had this issue at Kidani. Also, the layout of the 1-bedroom villa at BLT was different than the layout of our last 1-bedroom villa at BLT. Why is that?
Overall, we bought at BLT because you can walk to MK, and to us, that is still the very best feature that any DVC property offers, but we did much prefer the actual living space in the 1-bedroom villa at Kidani than at BLT. Any others agree? Disagree?

I have no opinion right now, but in 2 months we will be staying in a 1 br at Kidani for the first time. We bought BLT for the same reason you did but my wife was starting to get burned out staying there so we decided to try something new this time and we wanted the extra bathroom so we went with Kidani.

Thanks for the review though, I am looking forward to Kidani.

Really like the second Bathroom at Kidani. If you have someone staying in the living room they have their own bathroom, no need to go through MB.

Totally agree. That is why when we go as a family of 4 and stay in a 1 bedroom villa, we only like to stay at BLT or Kidani now.

We also bought at BLT because of the location…love being able to walk to MK. We try to stay someplace other than BLT every other trip so have stayed at AKV a few times already because we love this resort too. I like the décor a little better at AKV, although I wish the rooms were a little brighter. I don’t like how remote it is from the parks but love the savannah view. I love how “exotic” it feels.

Overall, I’m glad we bought at BLT rather than AKV because we seem to have no problem booking at AVK at 5-7 months out and I don’t think it would work out the other way around.

They are our two favorite resorts. We own at AKL and tend to stay there more often bc it is fewer points for a standard view. We love BLT also, but we only have 160 points and we like long trips so we can't always swing staying there. Hoping to stay at BLT next year. I love how close BCV and BWV are to Epcot but the rooms there just can't compare to AKL and BLT.

Agree completely! That's why we own at AKV. Still searching for a BLT contract, but we'll probably sell that when the kids are older and it's not too crazy to ride the bus.

BLT is nice and the location is great. But the resort doesn't have as much to offer as Kidani. Plus you really can't beat the parking and the Savannah view.

This thread is especially timely! We are planning a trip with family including two middle aged couples, one senior citizen, and two girls ages 4 and 6.

We own at Kidani, but have never stayed there nor at BLT. We were initially thinking of AKV, but I've wondered if BLT might be a better choice because of the proximity to MK and transportation options (we're not renting a car).

What would you do?

We bought into Kidani but have always done split stays AKV and BLT and I have to say we love them both equally and really couldn't pick one over the other. We.love the rooms at Kidani but the location and views form BLT are wonderful.

Also, the layout of the 1-bedroom villa at BLT was different than the layout of our last 1-bedroom villa at BLT. Why is that?

The curved shape of the building means that there are essentially 2 different designs to the 1&2BR's. The rooms on the outer curve have more living space and a laundry closet rather than a bigger laundry room. The rooms on the inner curve of the building have less room in the living area and a big laundry room. Also the outer rooms have bar stools at the kitchen island and the inner rooms do not.

This thread is especially timely! We are planning a trip with family including two middle aged couples, one senior citizen, and two girls ages 4 and 6.

We own at Kidani, but have never stayed there nor at BLT. We were initially thinking of AKV, but I've wondered if BLT might be a better choice because of the proximity to MK and transportation options (we're not renting a car).

What would you do?

Will your family mix be wanting to walk to the MK? If not then I would not let transportation play much of a factor in deciding where to stay and would consider the resort itself for where would be preferred to stay. AKV has very good bus service. CR/BLT - other than walking to the MK is not high on my list for transportation other than the monorail is different.

Also - the animal viewing at AKV is kind of like having a park right out your door. And each resort has it's own things that we enjoy - they are just different.

What would you do?

We own at BLT and stayed there for the first time last October. Then we stayed at Kidani for the first time in May (had previously stayed at Jambo twice pre-kids). While I love the theming of Kidani (almost bought there before BLT was built) and the pool/water play area, nothing can beat the quick walk to MK from BLT when you have kids. Its just so convenient. We felt very removed from everything at Kidani which was hard with a child!

Really like the second Bathroom at Kidani. If you have someone staying in the living room they have their own bathroom, no need to go through MB.

BLT has the extra bathroom too for those staying in the living room.

We also own at BLT. We did Kidani last summer for the first time and fell in love with the place. We actually returned there again this summer. Love the remoteness of the resort. The African theme is so cool. That being said though, you can always get a room at AKV at 7 months whereas at BLT it could be difficult which is why I'm not disappointed in the least that my home resort is BLT. Love that contemporary feeling of having a condo on the lakefront. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter