Just got back from the 12/14 Magic and....

LianeMJ

Earning My Ears
My husband and I just got back from the December 14th Magic 7 day Eastern Carribean cruise and I thought I'd give you all the report on the illness, etc.

We didn't hear of anyone having Norwalk except our main Server. We had him for about 3 days and then *poof* he was quarantined. That was the only case I heard about on the ship. However, there were a lot of kids coughing and I myself got a little cold on about the 4th day. That cannot be helped since colds are airborn. I feel okay, just lost my voice and a little congested but it was still great and I don't blame Disney. Disney had the crew serve us from the buffets and they passed out antibacterial hand wipes at every meal (except for Friday morning - they let us serve ourselves breakfast, which I thought was odd - maybe because were almost home they didn't care if we get sick? Lol.) They also sent out notes telling us to wash hands frequently. Hubby and I were neurotic about washing and using hand santizers and I still managed to get a plain old cold.

A word about the Rhino Rider excursion in St. Maarten. In the booklet it states $158 for a 2 person boat. My hubby and I booked this excursion. The day before we got a print out of our expenditures and it showed $158 on there TWICE. I said to the guest services gentleman, it says here $158 for a 2 person boat and he said "oh no, it's $158 PER PERSON". He was kind enough to cancel that excursion for us, but it is misleading the way it is written, so FYI. In St. Thomas, we did the Kayaking excursion which was good but a lot of work, we got some good arm muscles from that! Not recommended for little kids!

St. Maarten was okay (good if shopping for diamonds), St. Thomas was much better, cleaner, (more like America!) Castaway Cay was beautiful as always. The water in Castaway was a little cold but better once you are in. I saw a sting ray and some neat fish there in the clear water.

For activities, we especially enjoyed the Dueling Piano's with Chris and Jeff and we tried to win Bingo but were unsuccessful. We had lobster Thursday night and Prime Rib on Friday. Yum! Had Palo one night also which was FABULOUS - I had salmon and hubby had Tortellini. I wanted Palo every night! We also did a couples massage (well mine was half massage, half facial) which was really nice as well.

I love cruisin' - you don't feel like you need a vacation from your vacation afterwards!
:D

< Disney had the crew serve us from the buffets and they passed out antibacterial hand wipes at every meal (except for Friday morning - they let us serve ourselves breakfast, which I thought was odd - maybe because were almost home they didn't care if we get sick? Lol.)>

I asked the server at the self service (not this week) drink station about this and he said that they would be back to self service on the lines next week.

He also said they did not hire any extra personnel for working the food & drink lines. They did call back most of the vacationing cast members to help out. Our server had his vacation moved back 3 weeks. Yet everyone stilled looked like there was nowhere they would rather be (Hope I can look like that Monday when I go back to work).

Oh yeah, they also ran out of crayons for the kids to use at dinner on Wednesday. Seems they were having to throw them away after each use. Our assistant server, Zaldy, found some in his room and we saved them for the rest of the week. It was pretty funny watching them pass out coloring menus and kids looking around for crayons to use.

James
Colonial Heights, VA

Thanks for the update! I can't believe you caught a cold with all that hand washing.

Tina :bounce:
Magic Western 1/18/03

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that you had a great cruise!
Palo is my favourite place to eat on the ship, but I would weigh 400 lbs if I ate there every night! :)

CC

When we were on the 12/7 western he was great teaching our soon crayon magic tricks, I was not impressed at all with out server thought that he was teamed up with.

It was wonderful!! I will post a report as soon as I get organized enough and all this laundry done!

I haven't caught up with everything on the Board yet so sorry if I am repeating some things already posted: 24hr. drink station is no longer serve yourself or 24 hrs. It was open at 6:30 and they would pour your drinks for you. They were also using stickers on the cards rather than the refillable mugs.

I did notice lots of of the crew and passengers with bad colds... croaky voices and bad coughs. DD and I seem to be unscathed but my Mom was coming down with a dreadful cold by the time we arrived back last night.

Highlight of our trip though was DD & I winning $175.00 at Mouseketeer!!!

Any questions...ask away!

I'm back, too!!
We had such an amazing time, but I agree about the vacation from my vacation. I can't believe that I have to go to work tomorrow!
I also got a terrible cold. It started Monday evening and steadily got worse.... It's actually getting worse rather than better, but we still had a great time!!
I won't repeat anything that the other cruisers stated already, but just wanted to thorw in my 2 cents about the wonderful time we all had!
SuAnne- It was great to meet and and hang out with you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter