Just got back from wdw and would like to share advice

Janey1

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know about my trip. I got back on Sunday and still feel exhausted. Its true you need a holiday to recover from a wdw holiday.

We had 4 nights at AKL (WOW) !!! Then stayed 10 days at the Boardwalk villas. We are DVC members and had a one bedroom apartment.

We flew from Glasgow with MYtravel (airtours).
3 hour delay, but we did pay £70 each for Xtra leg room which was well worth it. We had seats 31 a, b, c. This was the emergancy exit. I am 5 foot 8 and I could stretch my legs out fully.
However the food was disgusting. I eat almost anything but I could not have ate the meal./ Be warned take Sarnies !!!

First impressions of AKL amazing. On the forums people do say it is dark, I agree, but it is part of the character. We ate at Jiko's food fab !

:p

The one thing that I did notice especiallywhen going to the parks was the security. Every one had bags searched. Actually on entering resort areas you were asked name and room number.
Security in airports esp Glasgow very tight.

The Mara food court was good as far as food courts go. Did not eat at Boma's but it looked busy.

The best meal we had was at the Hollywood &Vine at MGM we did th Fantasmic show package. ( We booked it 6 days before had be warned ) However when we got to the show it waS one of the rare times there was a violent thunder storm and the show was cancelled. !!!

:(

I don't really know what else to say, or rather where to start. So if anyone wants to know something in particular please ask me questions as I would love to answer them and give advice.

BWV are undergoing construction but it did not bother us.

Taxi fare from BWV to seaworld $17

OH we saw Joe Satriarni at the house of blues, a brill concert.

See I just keep thinking of things.

Ask me questions please !!! LOL

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Janey XX

Janey ! Joe Satriani in WDW ! I'll have a trip report on that alone, please .
Glad you enjoyed the trip. I'd love to hear more if yer up or a report.

:smooth:

Yes Joe Satriani !!!

Before we left home we checked out the house of blues web site to see who would be playing. My hubby was hoping for Tom Petty, but was pleased when we saw Joe.

It was the Friday of our first week. We paid $48 each for teh tickets. As we were going to be up late we planned a quiet day shopping and by the pool. The doors opened at 6:30 and we got there at 7:45. We got into the venue at 8:05, after numerous security checks.

The building was very cool. Great for concerts. There were 2 support acts before Joe. The second one seemed very popular and well known. Days of Thunder. I had never heard of them , but they were on for an hour.

By the way HOB do a really good chilli dog and fries for $4.25
:smooth:

Joe came on at 10:45 and finished at 12:15. He was really amazing. :smooth:

This was our 4th visit to wdw and we wanted to try and do some different activities. This was a first and it was fantastic.

Joe said a few words I never thought I'd hear at Disney LOL if you know what I Mean !!!:smooth:

I'll write a bit more about my trip later.

Take care

Janey XX

Its great when a good gig is in town when your there in 96 I saw KISS (my fave band!!) at Orlando arena and in 94 missed Dave Lee roth by a day!!

Wow - must look on the House of Blues website.

Would love to hear more on BWV - Our fist trip 'home' is really soon :D

kaylee

Hi. I just found this post. My husband and I have tickets to see a concert at the House of Blues in December. Can you tell me anything about what the seating arrangement is like? Are there lots of seats? Or is it mostly standing room? Do we need to arrive really early to get a good seat? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter