Just got home and the final talley is....

General protocal and common sense for that matter, on discussion threads are as follows. Someone starts a thread with some information and others respond with questions or comments pertaining to the orginal post. Its that simple. To post a REPLY, and then say that you are just stating an opinion that is no way directed to the orginal post or poster, or to another reply on the thread is a cop out. Of course it is directed st somone or something. It you were just stating a random opinion start your own thread "Timeshares unethical?? what do you think??" The moderators, like Beth R, do a great job at trying to keep threads on topic, but they can't be on top of everything. We need to police ourselves. If something else in your life has you frustrated, don't jump in here to raise heck.

Kerry,
Great job saving money. You offer some great IDEAS and ALTERNATIVES to those looking for different ways to save some dough, while giving there family a great vacation. I'm also very proud of you for not letting Ella have it, that one made me the madest and prompted my little tirade.

How would anyone "let me have it" when they want to do something unethical AND impossible? :rolleyes:

I'm always so surprised when a NEW DIS member uses disparaging remarks (ie "DUH") to comment on a thread... Kinda makes me wonder ... Anyway, Kerry, I also appreciated all the information you shared on timeshares and complimentary tickets. :D

ATTENTION PLEASE!

This is now the third time that we have had to make a "play nice" post. If this thread continues in its judgemental fashion, it will be closed to further replies.

Thank You.

You know we may have to do is start a TRUE CONFESSIONS AND THE REAMINGS THAT FOLLOW thread!

Just kidding Beth :)

Mskanga I could not agree more about working the OT instead of the tours for tickets. Unfortunately that's not an option for a self employed landscaper in January in Ohio - lol! Anyway, I really did enjoy the mission of gathering info on timeshares. Several people have asked me questions about specific resorts - not for touring but because they know I toured and are considering buying themselves. All in all it was not awful. I probably won't do it again next year but then I'll probably own a timeshare by then so...

I love this thread and the people on it - you guys are great. Please lets not make Beth mad anymore. I know opinions on this are high but lets post helpful happy stuff and you can feel free to let me have it via PM or email. I will also be happy to talk behind other peoples backs with you - just kidding :) (Stabfest 2002!!!)

That was a joke - really :)

I usually don't reply on this board, but I could'nt resist.I love all of your counter points kandj2,we think alike.Like you I went to WDW in 1996 and my dd had just turned 3, 3 wks before.I did not pay for any of her tickets.You know I dropped 2500 already,That is nuts to pay another 4-500 when she just turned 3 not a month before.I am like you never been arrested,never cheated on a test etc.... and did I feel guilty?NO!!!!!Glad you had a great trip and here's a toast to you and your next trip.I am going in June and hope to keep under 3000 for 4 people staying 6 nights at CBR,plus we are going to drive and take all breakfast and snack foods with us.I think we'll make it under but we'll have to wait and see.

Remember All - this is NOT the Debate Board and a DEBATE on this subject will NOT be tolerated. If you feel the need to debate any of the issues mentioned in this thread - you are welcome to start a new thread on the Debate Board.

Thank You.

I just wanted to say THANKS for the post!! As I recall, you went down two days early so you could specifically do the tours, the tours didn't actually take time away from your vacation, which is excellent!!

Also, if you book through www.hotelkingdom.com, they were offering the Embassy Grand for like 15.00/night for 4 nights & then there was an additional charge up to 7 nights, it was a great deal.

We're also doing a timeshare tour in Maui at the end of this month, so we're definitely not above doing them LOL... I liked the tips you gave on dealing with the salespeople... The one thing I pretty much figured, was just DON'T talk to them any more than you have to, cause if you do, you'll be there all day! Speaking of timeshares, we once stayed at one of the Vistana properties & they were really bad, calling the villa almost every day, mauling you when you were in the lobby, etc... We were too afraid to take the tour LOL....

I think you went about it the right way, especially since you are looking for possible resales... How is it you can buy a resale to a resort you've never been in? It's near impossible... I think you definitely did your homework & now you can make an informed decision as to whether or not a resale is in your future!

Wow! What a great deal on the Embassy Grand! That resort is very nice! The location is great too and I beleive you may be able to see the fireworks from somewhere at the resort.

Oh I am so jealous of your trip to Maui! The island is beautiful - you will have a great time! If you are afraid of crabs you may want to avoid any strolls along the beach at sunrise. I screamed loud enough to wake the dead!

Have a great trip!

:) Kerry

Thanks for the info on the crabs, I think I'll skip the walk at sunset, BUT I'M GONNA SEND THE KIDS!! The kids will get a huge kick out of seeing them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter