just got wdw dolphin for $72 on priceline

You can still give them your Starwood Preferred Card when you check in. You don't USUALLY get credit for the price of the room you paid for through Priceline, but you ALWAYS get credit for everything you charge to your room. So we charged as much as we could to our room to get our Starwood points (did this at MOWC too, with our Marriott Rewards Card), and then paid for everything with our mileage card when we checked out. That way, we had our charged working double duty for us--the $400 we charged to our room got us our Starwood points AND airline points!

Also, at least with Mariott, giving them the card has gotten us room upgrades even when we use Priceline!

thanks for the reply where would I sell the reservation if the hilton lets me do it I definately would sell it for alot less than 77 I would rather get something back than lose everything. Please help? Can I post on the board for this or is that a no no

So....are there ways to improve your chances with Priceline? They give you an option to choose the resort area or the star rating. Which is best? Has anyone gotten this price in November?
Thanks!

Tigger Fan:

If you want the Swan or Dolphin, you should check the RESORT level not the 4-star. Good luck!

If you get one of the non S/D resorts are they all within walking distance to DTD or some onsite bus transportation? If I was sure I could walk to the onsite bus I'd be less nervous about the winning bid.

Carol try asking one of the modeators Does the PM still work? I hve seen some be able to sell. you could try asking one of the mods on the budget board.

Originally posted by simonmunro
If you get one of the non S/D resorts are they all within walking distance to DTD or some onsite bus transportation? If I was sure I could walk to the onsite bus I'd be less nervous about the winning bid.

The DD Hilton is across the street from the DD MarketPlace - it's an easy walk. However, there is no transportation from DD to any of the parks. You'd have to take a bus to one of the resorts and then transfer. DD transportation starts running just before the stores open - it's not a good option for transportation to and from the parks. However, the DD Hilton has a shuttle bus system that will take you between the hotel and the parks. I don't know the schedule or if it is free

The MOWC is not within walking distance to DD. It also has a shuttle service, but again, I do not know the schedule or the cost (if any).

You might post your shuttle bus questions on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions Forum. Someone there will know plus there are some hotel reviews there that you may find of interest.

HTH.

Just to provide my experience and prove it's not a sure thing, I put in $73 a night for March 1, for the "Resort" level hotel, and got the Hilton. I don't mind the Hilton, but I probably won't be doing the Priceline thing anymore, because I just never end up getting the Dolphin like some people do.

The Marriott is NOT on the Disney property. They do have a shuttle, but it has a charge. The Hilton and Wyndam participate in the Downtown Disney hotel shuttles and have regularly scheduled transport to all the parks.

Also, in addition to your Priceline bid be prepared to pay a resort fee. I believe it is $10 a day at the Hilton and the Wyndam. This fee is not included in your priceline bid.

... and got two rooms at the Dolphin for $69 each for one night during our stay in May!!! I am thrilled, but have to admit that I was terrified of taking the Priceline gamble -- even for one night! Not sure if I could have risked an entire WDW vacation, but for one or two nights, it seems worth a try! :)

Just FYI, I had read all the posts on this thread and had seen what people were offering lately and bid accordingly... So relieved it worked out!!!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement,
Sarah

We will be staying at BCV for the rest of our trip, but I needed two rooms for that one night (5/16) because my mom is joing our family on the trip. I was too nervous to bid for the two rooms together, so I bid once for our family's room, and then when it worked out for us, I bid a second time for my mom's room at the same rate... As I say, I am really glad it worked out! I had tentatively booked 2 rooms at CBR, which I would still like to try at some point, but I seriously doubt I'd be able to get this low a rate even there!

Take care,
Sarah

I got the Dolphin for $70 a night in January. I had it for 3 nights and I needed an extra night. I didn't want to chance Priceline for that extra night. The cheapest I could get for that extra night was $220 from Dreams Unlimited. I didn't feel it was worth it. When I figured out taxes and fees it was only going to cost me an extra $20 to stay at the WL for thoses 4 nights. I decided to sell my reservation on Ebay. I change my plans so much up until the last minute and if I had known I needed 4 nights when I did my bidding I probably would have stayed there. Although I am happy that we did switch to the WL because we walked through the Dolphin which is huge (I prefer the smaller resorts) and it was packed with a ton of IBM conventioneers. I do think it is a great rate for that location, but I'm going to stick to WDW resorts. We did stay at the Hilton for our first night ($60 Priceline) and thought it was great:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter