just got wdw dolphin for $72 on priceline

cressy: I clicked on 'resort' and then bid $74. i also got the little blurb about my bid probably not being accepted (i think that always comes up?) but I didn't change my price. Before I bid, I checked the Orlando/Walt Disney World hotel bid results at http://www.biddingfortravel.com to see what dates people had won. Some had won for $70 or $72 but I wasn't flexible with my dates so I decided to just go ahead and bid on the high side. I also checked here on the Resorts boards for that SwanDolphin thread which lists the dates for discounts. Oh and I also checked on Expedia.com to see if there was availability for my dates. To answer your other questions, yes, both Dolphin and Swan participate in Extra Magic Hour and E-Nights. Good luck if you give it a try!

Your credit card will be charged for your entire stay, if your bid is accepted, through Priceline. Also, you cannot change your mind once the deal is done--no refunds.

I got the Dolphin for 75/night for 3 nights in January (it was fantastic!) and Marriott Orlando World Center for 3 nights. I bid two separate times (it was a business trip) because we decided to stay longer at the last minute. As has been stated, there is no garauntee on which hotel you will get. I will say, however, that the MOWC is AWESOME--we had a view of ALL of Disney (ask for the Disney view when you check in) and could see Illuminations, AND Fantasmic (well, the fireworks anyway) as well as the MK fireworks, although they were a bit distant. If you have transportation, don't be afraid of getting the MOWC.

After reading these posts, i did go to biddingfortravel.com. and read the FAQ's, but I must have missed the advice about disregarding the warning. Thanks for advising me. I think i am working up my nerve to try for the Dolphin. I'll be ok if i get the MOWC, I really don't want to get the Hilton, though, due to mixed reviews at best, although it does participate in Extra Magic Hour. Will post re whether i go for it or chicken out!!
Thanks again!!

If you get the HILTON don't be upset. My DH is there right now and he loves it he would not hesitate to say there again. We have also stayed at MOWC and as long as your attitude is positive you should enjoy a stay at any of these places. It's really a win-win situation!

It's nice to see the Dolphin come up again :).

Please, please, please ... before bidding on Priceline read the Hotels FAQ at www.biddingfortravel.com . It will tell you all the "tricks" to getting the best price from PL, including the proper way to rebid without changing your dates. Also, you must be prepared to get any of the Resort* hotels in the WDW area. I have stayed at the Swan, the MOWC, the Wyndham Palace and the Hilton ... all but the last on Priceline. I have saved hundreds of dollars in Orlando and other cities.

My best advice is to check availability at the Dolphin, the Marriott Orlando World Center and the Hilton for the dates that you are interested in. If the Dolphin does not show good availability then I would not risk PL. The other problem with bidding at the $72+ level in an attempt to "score" the Dolphin is that you may end up paying more per night for one of the other hotels than you really needed to. The Hilton usually comes in at around $60 per night.

You guys/gals amaze me with your bravery. I could never EVER gamble on doing priceline. And that's what it is, a gamble -unless you just don't care what hotel you are staying in.
Bravo to those that got Dolphin at such a great price! I just could never risk getting some other hotel and try priceline. :(

Hi,
I am in the UK and would just like to thank everyone on these boards for the information regarding Priceline and WDW Dolphin,I went to the UK Priceline put in (£60) UK pounds per night and got 11 nights July 28th to August 8th ,I am absolutely over the moon with this price.Thanks to all on this board.:Pinkbounc :D

bluebell: That is Fabulous!! Just wanted to say you are so brave. I was stressing about getting the 3 nights I got and you got ELEVEN!! It is a great resort; enjoy!

We also got the Dolphin for 69.oo during January. BUT PLEASE READ THE FAQ at www.biddingfortravel.com before you do anything! If the S/D has a big convention during your dates you may very well be out of luck! There was a site that listed conventions in ORlando that may also help. Be prepared for the Hilton or MOWC which aren't bad either.

Not sure where to ask my question so I'll try tagging it onto this thread: Will they take my Starwood Preferred # with a Priceline reservation or should I not even try? Thanks!

Originally posted by lorilori
Not sure where to ask my question so I'll try tagging it onto this thread: Will they take my Starwood Preferred # with a Priceline reservation or should I not even try? Thanks!

Yes, they will. Hey, it looks like we'll be there the same time!

Has anyone had anyone had any luck calling the Dolphin & getting this wonderful rate?

can someone please answer my question I posted earlier I ended up getting the Hilton at downtown disney on Priceline this week from 5/23-5/27 for 77 a night I cannot use it can I sell or transfer the reservation??? Please help???

Originally posted by carolsherman
can someone please answer my question I posted earlier I ended up getting the Hilton at downtown disney on Priceline this week from 5/23-5/27 for 77 a night I cannot use it can I sell or transfer the reservation??? Please help???

Well ... it depends. If the Hilton will allow you to add or change the name on the reservation then you should be able to sell/transfer it to someone else. I was able to sell a PL reservation (Courtyard by Marriott) to someone on the DIS boards in 2001. I also know remember someone on the DIS boards sold a PL reservation on Ebay. If the Hilton will not allow you to add/change the name on the reservation you may be stuck since there are no refunds through PL.

I too got the priceline for 2/21-2/18 for $72/night. I can't wait!

Luv2Roam,
Bidding far in advance doesn't always work. I had been bidding on priceline every three days since the first week in Jan (and I had bid a few times in Nov and Dec) I would pick Resort hotel and bid $60-$63, the rebid $65-$68, the rebid $70-$73. (See biddingfortravel.com for instructions on rebidding) NO luck (and no counter offers) Last week I bid $63, they counttered and said if I raised my bid $17 I would succeed, instead I rebid at $68 - not accepted, and $72 and was successful. I was hollering whoopee when I saw it was the dolpin. The problem with using pricline far in advance is that if your plans change you have already paid for the reservation and there are no refunds.

Lorilori,
While you can "attach" you SPG # to the reservation , this must be done after you are successful in your bidding and pricline specifically says that you will not get credit for your stay on any awards programs. Sometimes, people have ended up with credit and sometimes they have not. HOwever, with the SPG # attached, you can get credit for extra charges to your room after checkin and it may get an upgrade. Seems to depend on who's on the desk.

Carolsherman, If I remember what I've read in other posts, You can add a second name to a reservation by contacting priceline. But the reservation can not be cancelled or changed. However, If you found someone willing to "take it over" you could add their name to the reservation and then they would pay you. Generally speaking $77 is a high pricelin bid for the Hilton, but maybe you could find someone willing to buy it for $a slightly lesser amount. Then you could get some of your money back.

I bid and got the Marriott. While I would have liked the Dolphin, I am happy with the Marriott. I have stayed there before and it is a great hotel. I have used Priceline for several stays and gotten the Marriott, Wyndam and Hilton. All of them were fine, but if you MUST be on sight the don't use Priceline.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies to my SPG question. Also, just wanted to mention, in my quest to get the 'official' answer, I 'might have' heard that the Dolphin has had a rather large convention cancel and has many available rooms now through March 15 when the next large convention begins. DISCLAIMER: This of course does NOT mean it's a sure thing on Priceline, just that is probably why people are getting the Dolphin in the mid-February to mid-March date range.

WOW!!! It's soooo tempting to just plug my dates in and go for it but I'm scared! I don't have any understanding about those other resort possibilities? If you don't have transportation is it difficult??? I wish I had more courage:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter