• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just home...dining report!

Beca

Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!
Here we go!

12/03
Dinner at Cinderella's Gala Feast (Grand Floridian) - Character interaction was really good. Food was on the "good" end on dining. Meat was really rare (eww!!!)...they said you could order well done on request. There was a lot of shrimp and clams...two things I don't eat. They had a pasta bar, and the lasagna was good. But, overall...I enjoyed the kids' bar MUCH better. The macaroni and cheese was YUMMY!!! And, the corn dog nuggets...REALLY good!!! Hmm...reading this, I am even a little concerned about myself right now...

12/04
Bfast at the Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins and friends. This was the best-tasting character bfast we ate. The buffet was great, with an omlette bar, and every imaginable breakfast food choice. I hadn't read much about this breakfast...it was really good!!!

Lunch at Tusker House (AK) - DH and DD split a half rotisserie chicken dinner on a voucher. It was very good. Chocolate cake for dessert...also very good.

Dinner at Pecos Bill's - We used a Q&C voucher, and DH and I split a double bacon cheeseburger. The bacon was non-existent...literally, I think they forgot to put it on. The fixins bar was great, but the burger itself was really dry. However, the chocolate pie was yummy!!

We also got churros in frontierland...my family is a little addicted to these, and we were not disappointed.

12/05
My Perfectly Princess Tea Party...I was a little nervous about spending the money for this...but, it is the BEST!!!!! I could write a whole thread on this alone....it was money well spent!!!! However...the food...yuck!!! (DD's was great, though!!) I am a really picky eater, and don't like a lot of "fancy" food, but as I looked around...no one was eating their food. We had a wonderful time, and DD asked if we could go "get something to eat after the party"... she didn't even realize she was supposed to eat the food...and, hers was good. We went off-property to Wendy's after the party.

Dinner - San Angel Inn. Many years ago, this was my hands-down favorite. Two years ago, I was very disappointed. After the other night, my opinion of this restaurant has raised somewhat. DH had the Plato Mexicano and said it was very good. I had the Traditional Sope, and although it is quite small (about the size of an english muffin), it was VERY good!! Their shredded, seasoned chicken is SO tasty!! I would recommend anything here with chicken.

12/06
No breakfast

Lunch- I had a corn dog from the BW, and dh had a hot dog. I was hoping these would be the hand-dipped monstrousities that they sell in Disneyland....no such luck..it was your run-of-the-mill frozen corn dog.

Dinner - CP at Chefs de France. This has not typically been one of my favorite restaurants. I enjoyed it more this time than I ever have in the past. DH had a filet mignon, and I had rotisserie chicken and roasted potatoes. It was good. The salad was really good, and the dessert...I had this chocolate-almond-ice cream thing...it was wonderful!!! Our speaker (Jim Cavezial) brought tears to my eyes!!! He was the best CP speaker I have ever seen...I would love to go back and see him again...here's hoping he returns to CP!!!

DH also got a funnel cake in Epcot...that was wonderful as always.

12/07
Princess Storybook Breakfast - our biggest disappointment among character meals. The princesses were REALLY rushed, and in a couple of instances, didn't even say "Hi" to my dd...they just bent over her chair, paused for a picture, and kept on moving...really sad!!! The food was also our least favorite (although dd really liked the caramel cinnamon rolls). It just seemed like an awful lot of wasted food for two people.

Ice Cream Social - This was great!!! Each of the characters spent so much time with dd (especially Mickey)...who cares about the ice cream (which, btw was very good!) SOOO worth the money!!!!

The Land...we got dd some chicken strips somewhere in the land...I just cannot remember the name of the place. They were...chicken strips.

Dinner - DH and I split a fish 'n chips from England...it was REALLY good.

Beaches 'n Cream (Beach Club) - dh and I split a double cheeseburger (on a voucher, of course). It was the BEST food we had at WDW. We ordered onion rings on the side...they were also amazing. And, we had cake and ice cream for dessert. It was all incredible. There was more food than the two of us could finish...it was the BEST use of a voucher also.

12/08 We didn't eat today...well, not much anyway. DD and I got stomach viruses, and I cannot find any record of us eating ANYTHING! We did go to the grocery store in the evening, and I fixed ravioli in the room. That's all I can remember.

12/09
Bfast at Cinderella's Royal Table - This is a sentimental favorite of mine. Aladdin was even there (not sure when he became a princess...but, no complaints here)! The food was much better than PSB, but not as good as the bfast at the Grand Floridian. The princesses spent much more time with dd than at PSB. The blueberry covered pastries were yummy. This was just a lot of fun!!!

Lunch - I had corn dog nuggets from Casey's on Main St., and then I had some of DH's fish from Columbia Harbour House. The fish here was kind of "fishy"...tasted good, but was a little too strong for my tastes. We used a voucher, and DH got pumpkin pie.

Dinner - DH and I split a double bacon cheeseburger from Cosmic Ray's during MVMCP. It was better than Pecos Bill's, but it had no lettuce or tomato on it. I missed that!! We used a voucher, and got an ice cream bar for dessert, and I got a iced cappuccino (too strong for me...I am a wimpy coffee drinker, and was expecting a "drink", not a cold coffee).

Well, that was it!! Sorry my post is not as exciting as others....I think I am still in a little bit of denial about being home...plus, I am really exhausted.

If I had to do it again...money being no option, I would do CP (maybe LeCellier this time...or, even the Land if I wanted to go the cheaper route), the Princess Tea Party, Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast, and the Ice Cream Social.

I want to say "Thank you" to everyone who has helped me in the past figure all this out. We had a magical trip...due in LARGE part to the disboards, and everyone who posts here!!!

:wave:

Beca

I LIVE for corn dog nuggets! I'm somewhat disappointed now that we cancelled our 1900 Park Fare next week for Ohana :)

Thanks for the reviews, and welcome home! :wave:

Thanks for the report! I see you have a sweet tooth like me!

I booked the Princess Tea Party In january...I am hoping it is as great as I keep hearing. I can't believe I am spending $200 on a tea party! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

What a shame about the Princess breakfast...that is the one at Epcot, in Norway, right?

wildernesslodgelover said:
Thanks for the report! I see you have a sweet tooth like me!

What a shame about the Princess breakfast...that is the one at Epcot, in Norway, right?

Yeah...it's the bfast in Norway. I would do it again if I couldn't get CRT...but, I won't do both again.

I do have a sweet tooth...but, really not as much of one as it looks!! We bought a whole bunch of the Q&C vouchers...I'm not sure they were such a bargain for us. We did save a couple of bucks each time we used them...but, only because we got a dessert every time...something we would not have done otherwise, and something we didn't really want (not to mention..need). We were there for 8 days, and took 13 vouchers for the three of us. I think we only used 5 or 6 vouchers. I'm not sure that I will buy anymore. We like funnel cakes and churros...but, those are not on the menus at restaurants!!!

As for the tea party...it was my dd's hands down favorite!! We paid an extra $65 so dh could come and video tape it...I'm so glad we did! I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how...we had the most BEAUTIFUL Aurora!! And Rose Petal is so cute, and has such a beautiful voice. Even our server (a girl from Paris named Laila) was really sweet and sat with my dd and helped her to do sign language for one song (dd is only two, instead of the required three years old. I was afraid this would be a limited time thing, and wanted to do it.) I am SOO glad this is now a permanent fixture at WDW :cheer2: We will definitely do it again in a year or two!! Have fun...you will really enjoy this one!!!

:wave:

Beca

Great reviews! :) We're doing the CP package at LCdF Christmas Eve. It's our favorite Epcot restaurant, and we always do the package there. You're getting me even more anxious. Is that possible? :hyper: We also got some vouchers for the first time. I do have a huge sweet tooth, but I could care less about meat of any kind, so I figure DH & I can split the voucher effectively. We also have a DS(12), who eats everything, so no splitting there. Oh yeah, we feel the exact same about the 3 breakfasts. Love CRT & 1900 PF, but didn't care for PSB. Glad you had such a great trip! :)

Beaches and Cream is great for desserts too...mmmmm! Cant wait to try their burgers next time! Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter