Just home from BWV-observations

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Boy, was it hot! When I reserved, they only had 2 nites available in a BW view studio, so I spent the first night in a preferred view. I was in 4019, a lock-off studio with a view of the canal, Swan, and Dolphin. The view was nothing special-I've been in a Standard view before where I liked the view much better than this one. Also, I don't like the position of the lock-off door at BWV. It seemed to make it noisier from next door. And where was that coffee table they promised at the Annual Meeting in 2003? It seems that if you announce you're going to do something, you darn well better do it. That was obviously really a pet peeve (added to that, when I had to balance my soft drink on my stomach while I laid on the couch to read, I ended up spilling it all over myself-that sort of makes it a bigger issue to me). The next 2 nites I spent in 4029, a BW view studio. Wow! I've got to say, the BW view rooms have the most impressive views of the many different views/hotels I've stayed at. But 4029 and 4031 (both dedicated studios with day beds) have small balconies. The balconies on the right come out about 5 feet further, which means that looking down to the right, my view of a small portion of the Boardwalk itself was obstructed. The room was right across from the basketball game, bells and "frivolity" were going off until 11:00-fine for me, a solo adult, but maybe not so great for a family with little ones. Oh, when I changed rooms at 10:30 am, my new room was ready-what a pleasant surprise! CMs were very nice, I didn't notice any maintenance issues (I had one burnt out lightbulb, which was attended to right away), everything was clean. And like I said-BW view villas have the best view ever. However, I found BWV somewhat noisier than BCV (however, I admit, my feelings may be biases-I adore BCV). Also, when I wanted fast food, a sandwich, I hiked over to BC Marketplace. It didn't seem the Boardwalk had that option. It was my first late August stay, but I'd definitely consider going again at that time. Yes, it was hot, but if you didn't want to do the parks much, it seemed very uncrowded. Oh, and Hi! to the DISers I met (including Kathleena). I ran into several DISers-it's wonderful to see the #s increase!

Thanks for the review! Yes, August is hot -- but for some crazy reason, we like it! We find the crowds to be VERY tolerable (only exception was the year they offered some sort of "magical" promo for the general public - that stunk.)

Interesting notes about BWV. We are owners there, but I have to say, I have always been concerned about the noise factor of a BW view, esp while our kids were little. Maybe now that they are a tad older, I'd give it a shot - one thing is certain, I sense that unless I can get the guaranteed BW view, I'm not so sure I'd pay for preferred view at BWV -- I might just be inclined to go to BCV or VWL for the same pts cost. JMO - YMMV, and all those acronyms....

Thanks again for the news!

For both stays, we opted for the standard view, wanting to save points and extend the vacation. I would always trade a preferred view for more days.

:wave2:

Hi Simba'sMom! Glad to see you made it back OK!

We own at BCV but stayed at BWV preferred view for first time 2 weeks ago.
Absolutely perfect experience. Room overlooked main pool but we heard no noise. Cleanest hotel ever-I want to know how they keep the shower grout so white! Check in was quick and cast members the nicest. Pool was crowded but always available chairs. Family loved all the restaurant choices and we were able to get sandwiches at bakery. We even saw the the cast member at the Belleview room special order fat free muffins for a guest who didn't want to walk downstairs to the bakery. I had concerns about self parking but that was never a problem. Can't wait to go back but next time will book earlier to get something other than a studio.

I get to try BWV for the first time in two weeks. We check-in on my B-day and we have a Boardwalk view. I can't wait.

Simba's Mom, glad to read you had a good solo trip! Thanks for sharing your observations.

While I am thinking of it ... did you use the Magical Express? If so, how was it?

JudithM said:
While I am thinking of it ... did you use the Magical Express? If so, how was it?
Yes, I used DME. Everything went very smoothly and promptly going to the resort. Returning to the airport was fine, but a couple teeny glitches. First, no return information under my door. No biggie-call the front desk, they connect me directly to DME office who told me the time. I was a little surprised that my pick-up time was 3 hours before my flight, and another party on my bus was even further out. The bus came very promptly at the time they'd told me. One tip I discovered-I was using Southwest and although it's not a DME airline, lobby conceirge will print out your boarding pass for you.

Hi Simba's Mom...
I was wondering, do you think all the studios on the BW side have smaller balconies? Are those units set up as studio, 1 bd, studio , 1 bd (so that they can combine for a 2 bd or a grand villa?

I had to give up my ressie for Oct that included 2 nights BWV....I was REALLY looking forward to it. My ressie in May is standard. Well...someday!

Simba's Mom said:
One tip I discovered-I was using Southwest and although it's not a DME airline, lobby conceirge will print out your boarding pass for you.

thanks for the reply! Glad to read that because we will be flying Southwest, too.

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed the BW view, we've had it both times we've stayed at BWV! I'm a little concerned about our next trip since we have standard view, but I'm sure it'll be fine (especially since we can take another short trip with the point savings!).

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter