just home...no Cay but gotta suite!

Mom 2 3 suns

Earning My Ears
I am still swaying from the high seas! The captain tried to get us into Castaway Cay twice, but because it was so windy and choppy, couldn't get the Wonder in...what a disapointment! We just hung out on the ship instead for a day at sea.:(
One the other hand when my family got on the ship, we found out that we were upgraded to a catagory 3 stateroom, which was incredible! We booked a cat. 4. I don't know why we were upgraded, all I can tell you is that we booked back in April and paid for it all by May ( my best friend who was our travel agent suggested we pay it off early because you have a better chance of being upgraded) Also, we upgraded to the GF when we were in the world. What a nice surprise to get the concerierge (SP?) service, they were so nice! We had goodies in our room every night, 2 TVs, a VCR, and CD player (They had a list of ones you can borrow) We also had a spa tub....oh la la!
The shows were great! My kids didn't go to the labs, they didn't like them, too crowded the first day, so they never went back. I was sad about that too. I wished they wouldv'e made some new freinds. They had fun in the pool and in the arcade though...$$$$!!!!!;) That's it, we were in the airports all day yesterday, so it is nice to finally be home!
Oh yeah, we couldn't touch anything! Salad bar, they dished you up, they poured the ketchup...no salt and pepper on the table, you had to ask for it, then, they sanitized it....they were so careful!
Any questions? Just ask!:)

So what's the deal with the clubs? I posted this comment a year ago and the replys were that no one else had a problem with the clubs. I see more of this now than ever.

When I asked then DD10 and 8 whats' the deal, I got back that they were boring!?

I too am interested in the deal on the kids clubs. I have heard both ways. Recently emailed a very distant relative on my Husbands side who took a cruise on the Wonder with their kids... I know that the youngest is eight, so I am assuming that the kids were all in the 8 - 12 group? Anyhow, I do not think that this person is here on the DIS. And I regard her opinions as highly objective and mainstream. She said her kids LOVED the kids club, and she had to drag them outa there! PS: They had a great cruise, and highly recommend it!

Now, something here is clicking in this old brain of mine... I am thinking that many of the people who mention that their kids did not like the club had checked it out the first day, and didn't go back. If I can assume that this means Embarkation day, then isn't it true that there are no real planned activities? It is more of a 'check out the club' and get aquainted type situation. Where the parents and the whole family stop by? Hhhhmmmm????

I think we need a good thread on the kids clubs!!! What the kids liked, didn't like, good experiences (and bad?). I wouldn't want this to become any kind of debate. But, we need some good information here! Seems like restaurants, cabins, seating times, etc.... are all discussed to death...

Anyone care to begin a whole new thread about the kids, and the kids clubs?

I have three sons, 11, 10 and 7. The first day it was so crowded, they couldn't get on any of the computer games so that was it for the first two. The little one is almost 8. He tried it with the 5-7s but was bored out of his mind, so they put him up to 8-9s on a strickly trial basis (they really made sure I knew that...) But he still couldn't wait to leave when I asked him if he wanted to go see Tresure Planet with the rest of us. Since it was only 3 days, we didn't get to try it out more, but for our family it was a bust. I must say those counselors seemed tired of the whole thing...not much enthusiasm from what I saw. I was disapointed, but then it may have been my boys.....they are pretty active!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rolleyes:

Our 4 kids checked out the kids clubs on our 3 day Dec 2001 and didn't like them. They hung out with us most of the time or went to the movies. We didn't mind them hanging with us at all. After all it is was our family vacation. For our March 2003 7 day they have all four said they will spend very little time in the clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter