Just mom & 2 boys - which resort before Xmas?

pwoodham

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
Dad has agreed to let me and my oldest sons do a "long weekend" (four nights) at WDW before Christmas!! I want to be on the monorail (no car this time). I've heard wonderful things about all three resorts, but I've only stayed at GF and that was 12 years ago. The boys would like to stay at the Contemporary (because the monorail runs thru it, of course!). Do you think that's our best choice? We'll be wanting to see all the great Xmas decorations we can.

The Grand Floridian has the best decorations by far -- even if you don't stay there be sure to visit! And it's a short ride to the MK.

The Poly is a personal favorite because of location -- you can take the monorail to the MK, or the ferry, or a launch. And you can walk to the TTC to pick up the Epcot monorail.

The Contemporary has unique decorations -- I like them, but not everyone does (so my DH tells me). It appears to me to be a totally different experience than the GF. And it has two of my family's fave restaurants (CA Grill & Chef Mickey's). Plus you can walk to the MK if you want to!

My advice is to choose what features are most important to you and then use the information you gather here to select what is right for you. For every good opinion of a resort you get, you'll probably get a bad one too!

Have fun planning!

We stayed at CR the week after Thanksgiving last year. While we enjoyed our stay at CR, the Christmas decorations weren't very elaborate. GF was absolutely incredible and WL is definitely worth a visit, too.

My recommendation would be to stay where the three of you really want to stay and visit the other resorts - very easy when you're on the monorail.

Beth :sunny:

Hello there,
I would choose the Contem. if you had to choose a resort that had a monarail. I understand your thought's in not wanting to rent a car. I have been to Disney 12 times and never rented a car. They have great transportation from all the hotels. You can even ride the monarail from park to park or to go and see the other resorts.
I went to Disney last x-mas. I love x-mas and always wanted to go at that time. I have to say I was very Disappointed with the decorations. They didn't even put the santa hat on the earful tower. But the Osbourne lights make it all seem okay. What ever yyou do don't miss it. You can also have them put a x-mas tree in you room it comes fully decorated and you can by it if you'd like to.
Anyway about the resorts. We always stay at WL or OKW. But last year we decided to stay at ASSp it was our first trip with our daughter. I know it's fun and nice to stay at the deluxe resorts but I have to honestly say I enjoyed the All Stars more than any of the other ones. I loved the fact that there was a food court. And if you've never been there don't think of it as a "food court" the food is great. What a selection. I just think it would be more conv. for you and your boys. I love staying at the deluxe resorts but I just feel it is really a waste. I mean how much time are you really going to spend in your room or your hotel in 4 days?
I'm just tryin got say that it is nice to stay at other hotels but I find that the food selections at the value and moder. resorts are much better. I mean you can run down for a bagel or a "real" breakfast in the morning And if you wanted to eat out you could but I just found it easier and much more enjoyable for our daughter to beable to have the choice. I would say keep your options open and way your needs and wants.:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter