Just returned from SSR

Sully

We scare because we care
After reading some of the post about poor housekeeping and service, I felt the need to respond with a positive experience. We checked into SSr last Wednesday evening about 10:30pm after a very quick trip from the airport with Magical Express. We were soon taken to our studio in the Paddock area. We discovered that our refrigerator, Heating/AC, and Microwave were not working, no power. A quick call to housekeeping and within 5 minutes a maintenance person was knocking at our door. The problem was soon fixed. Instead of complaining on this board, we took immediate action and received excellent results. We were also very pleased with M.E.

This was our 4th stay at SSR and our first at the Paddock area. We did discover that you do have to do a lot of walking if staying at that area. We enjoy walking so it was not a problem for us, but I can see where it may be one for some people. Late October is a great time to be at Disney.

Sully, Welcome to our little community on the DIS!

Thanks for sharing. October is a wonderful time to visit Florida. We were supposed to this year but Wilma had other ideas. So we visit next week instead.

Sully said:
A quick call to housekeeping and within 5 minutes a maintenance person was knocking at our door. The problem was soon fixed. Instead of complaining on this board, we took immediate action and received excellent results.

Amazing how things get taken care of if you address it immediately yourself.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
Amazing how things get taken care of if you address it immediately yourself.

HBC

Sometimes, when I read complaints about experiences at WDW, I truly wonder if there might have been some satisfaction received if the complaint had been made then and there instead of waiting until they arrived home with the urge to post a message on the Disboards with the subject, "Who do I complain to?"

Sully - I just took the tour of Saratoga Springs with some friends who may become DVC members. It was a positive experience and I'm thinking of adding on at Saratoga now.

I agree with everyone about calling on maintenance issues immediately. In our 2BR at OKW, the paper towel holder was broken and the light in the second BR sizzled when you turned it on. I called around Noon and then left for about 4 hours. When I got back all was taken care of.

It was another great trip (10/22 - 11/1)!

Cyn

Sully said:
After reading some of the post about poor housekeeping and service, I felt the need to respond with a positive experience. We checked into SSr last Wednesday evening about 10:30pm after a very quick trip from the airport with Magical Express. We were soon taken to our studio in the Paddock area. We discovered that our refrigerator, Heating/AC, and Microwave were not working, no power. A quick call to housekeeping and within 5 minutes a maintenance person was knocking at our door. The problem was soon fixed. Instead of complaining on this board, we took immediate action and received excellent results. We were also very pleased with M.E.
I think from now on I'm going to reference this wonderful post in every "I had a customer service issue that I kept quiet about while I was there but now I want to raise a ruckus so who do I write to?" thread.

This was our 4th stay at SSR and our first at the Paddock area. We did discover that you do have to do a lot of walking if staying at that area. We enjoy walking so it was not a problem for us, but I can see where it may be one for some people. Late October is a great time to be at Disney.
I'd agree, but also add the reminder that you have to do a lot of walking at WDW in general. ;) :rotfl2: ;)

My theory has always been you get what you give.

You call try to explain the problem and as long as they make good and fix or resolve you can't really complain. Things happen. Alot of people pass through these rooms and yes maybe sometimes things dont get reported right away but I have always had positive experiences if you are NICE. If you don't get results then that might require a little more.

We also stayed at SSR the 3rd week of Oct. It was great!!! :banana: Can't wait to go back. The room was clean, everyone was very pleasant. Even the maintenence worker who had to come to our room late Monday night when my 4 year old locked us all out of the master suite. :confused3 We of course didn't know at the time, that all it takes is a pen cap to pop the lock and open the door. :rotfl2: They were very nice. Actually, maintenence was told a child had locked himself in the room, he didn't but that is what they were told. There response time was immediate. Mom and Dad were not happy. He won't do that again. Only 213 days until the next trip to SSR. :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: This time we will have a pen cap on our list of things to take - just in case!

RoyalCanadian said:
Sometimes, when I read complaints about experiences at WDW, I truly wonder if there might have been some satisfaction received if the complaint had been made then and there instead of waiting until they arrived home with the urge to post a message on the Disboards with the subject, "Who do I complain to?"

Definitely. We had a problem with our unit at SSR this summer and they could not have responded any more positively. They came immediately, dealt with it, apologized we even had to contact them. I would never leave a problem for a guest to follow me and possibly deal with, we always contact someone immediately, problem solved and then on to a wonderful vacation.

Which is the reason I never post, any horrible trip reports. It is not that things don't happen to us, they do. You can't go as much as we do and avoid it. However I will be the first to give Disney a chance to make it right, and they always have.

I think some truly think nothing is "ever" suppose to be wrong. You can't have millions of people going thru these resorts without things happening. Unrealistic.

Last fall when we were leaving SSR to return home, I dropped a bottle of wine as I walked out the front door. Thankfully it hit the concrete and not a drop got on the carpet, but I felt terrible and found a housekeeper right away to tell her there was wine and broken glass in the hallway. I was really embarassed, but all she said was "are you OK?" and said what a terrible thing to lose a whole bottle of wine! I was impressed with her attitude.

I have to totally agree with the tone of this thread.

This past September we had a minor issue with something in our 1BR at BWV. Maintence was there within an hour or two, fixed it and that was that! :goodvibes In fact, we were still in our villa when they fixed it and they couldn't have been any more pleasant about it. :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter