• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned from the Magic!

Ber

Earning My Ears
Hi Everybody,

My boyfriend and I just got back from DLP yesterday and we are both back in work today!! Talk about going from one extreme to another! :earboy2:
We had a wonderful time, weather was good for the four days we spent there, Tue 23rd through to Sat the 27th. We just had one really cold day on the Friday but the other three days were perfect winter weather (No rain!) :cool1:
We stayed in the Movenpick dream Castle hotel which we both would highly recommend. Rooms were lovely and it was spotlessly clean. Food was also excellent in this hotel. One major tip for anyone planning a trip to DLP this time of year. Invest in some Thermal underwear! It may not look very nice but who cares if it keeps you ultra warm! :earboy2:
Anyone with questions, feel free to ask!

Take care! :bitelip:

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time! How crowded were the parks and the busses to the hotel?

Thanks for the tip and the report :)

:wave:

realy glad to hear you had a lovely time :cheer2: .

when you say the food was good, do you mean evening meals as well?? how much is the average cost of a meal? im stayin in the dlp hotel :cool: :cool: !!

wil i be able to get a bus disney to movenpic hotel? do you have to reserve your meals??cheers for any info :wave2: :wave2:

:cheer2: tracy :cheer2:

Hi Smiling Mouse!

To answer your question about the parks being crowded...not at all, we never had to queue once for any of the rides, they were all walk ons! The buses were also not very busy, apart from 8pm when the Disneyland Park closed it's gates! A lot of people went to get the buses back to their hotels at this time, so hanging round in the Disney village even for half an hour might be a good idea! :D

Hi TracyJane!

Yes the evening meals were beautiful also! The Movenpick does both a buffet breakfast and dinner, but please don't let that put you off. The selection of foods was excellent and the hotel has different themed foods each night of the week. We ate in the restuarant on the Asian and French themed nights and I particularly recommend the Asian night. The meal was probably a bit pricey, 77 euro but that includes a 20 euro bottle of wine, but take into account you can eat all you like for that price! :cool1:

You can get the Disney shuttle bus service to the hotel which also services the Kyriad, Holiday Inn, and My Travel Explorers and the pick up point is right near the train station.

Hope that info helps!

Chat soon! :D

Hi again Tracyjane!

Im not sure about having to reserve meals if your not staying at the Movenpick but we didn't have to reserve, we just walked in. The restuarant was never full and due to the time of year I can't imagine you having to reserve!

:flower: Chat soon!

Glad to know you had a good time.

I went in October and I am still suffering Post Disney Blues! :charac2:

Sad thing is I don't know when I will be able to go back - I generally finance my Disney forays by saving my loose change in a money box. The Family all call it my Tardis because it's so tiny and I usually get so much out of it. Thing is, I badly want a new computer so I am having to save towards that rather than another Disney trip. It's gonna be a couple of years before I can afford to go back unless I win the lottery, of course :cheer2:

Hi NIK,

I understand you completely! My BF and I have recently bought a house which we are due to move into in February. Once we move in, and start paying a mortgate as well as trying to decorate an empty shell we will probably not have another trip again for a very long time. :guilty:
Its so hard missing the magic between all those wonderful trips! :D
My BF and I have promised ourselves that when the time comes our honeymoon will involve a trip back to the magic in Orlando, so the wonderful thoughts of that trip, however far away it may be, keeps me going! :moped:

What do I love about Disney.......To begin with..Everything!
Take care,
Ber. :wave:

One major tip for anyone planning a trip to DLP this time of year. Invest in some Thermal underwear! It may not look very nice but who cares if it keeps you ultra warm!

Thank goodness!!! Now I'm not the only person on this board advising thermal underwear!!! I was starting to feel like a real old fuddy duddy!! :teeth:

Glad you had a good time! :D

Oh Becky, you are not the only one! Last year we were there the last week of January and only brought one pair each of "long johns". We wore them every single day (7 days!)!!! This year I'm buying and packing a lot more!! Why not be absolutely comfortable is my motto - after all, the fun is what we're going for - not fashion! And anyway, I don't think anyone will be checking under our jeans...... :blush:

LOL...I hear you Jody B!

My BF and I also only brought one pair of Thermals, both top and bottom!
We also wore the same pair for 3 out of the 4 days..one day was too mild to wear them...so I suppose not only do I recommend Thermals, I would advise people to bring a couple of pairs! As you said though no will else will know you are wearing them!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter